Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 161 mb

Bio:

In 1988, Gene Simmons of Kiss approached Canadian Rockers by the name of Gypsy Rose and made them one of his early signings to his imprint label, Simmons Records/RCA (House Of Lords, Giuffria, Silent Rage). In 2012, FnA Records approached Michael Ross, lead singer of Gypsy Rose, and a deal was struck to pick up where RCA and Gene Simmons left off.Twenty years later and long overdue - its now time for the sophomore release from Gypsy Rose.The plain fact of the matter is that all the work under the moniker of Gypsy Rose has not been finished; not even close - there is still plenty of work to be done before the band can put this baby to rest. Michael has had a lot of demons to face in the past, but he has steadily been working his way back to a triumphant return showcasing a voice that stands just as tall and voluminous as any of his rock n roll.Counterparts. His first step back into the foray of professional music would be via the release of a hauntingly beautiful solo album entitled, Do I Ever Cross Your Mind (also available on FnA Records). Michael wanted to show those who have stuck by his side for forever and a day that he still had the goods to deliver, and that is exactly what Do I Ever Cross Your Mind does.Coming off the heels of the Michael's solo album, he was finally ready to confront the hard rock side of things and return to the Gypsy Rose forefront. After lots of searching and discussing and running ideas back and forth, FnA Records and Michael decided to head back into the studio and record 4 versions of fan favorite tracks "Don't Turn Your Back On Me Now" & "Poisoned By Love". Two versions were recorded in Florida and are flat out acoustic versions, while 2 other versions were recorded back in the homeland and have been given that magic touch. Adding to those songs are a good amount of recordings that Michael had forgotten about over the years. The songs Hells Kitchen and Free Me From Me were recorded in 1992 at the studio of Michael MateichXXXX of Steelheart. Too Many Pieces is the only other song from 1992. The rest of the tracks are true demos and sometimes show the rawness even though they have been heavily cleaned up. The 1989 tracks (Bang Bang Boys, Love On Two Legs, Give It To Me All Night Long, Ride That Train) would have been strong contenders and possibly hit songs for a sophomore effort if it weren't for, well you know. You can also tell by the song titles alone where the band was in frame of mind - right there in the midst of a hard rock sexual innuendo creating the best in melodic rock.

Album:

“Prey” is the first and only release from the Canadian Gypsy Rose, with excellent songs and choruses , great guitars and amazing vocals.Prey is quite the desirable one off hard rocker with hair/pop metal vibes. Absolutely the best track is melodic opener ‘Poisoned By Love’, but the killer ‘Love Me Or Leave Me’ is a close runner up – nice shredding on this one as well. I like the subtle keyboard work in ‘Crawlin’ and the galloping tempo of ‘Borderline’. Side Two’s gang chorused opener ‘Make Me Do Anything You Want’ is another standout. The hair metal detour on Side Two is first rate.

Line Up:

Michael Ross (lead vocals)
Craig Van Gaver (lead and rhythm guitars, keyboards, background vocals)
Brian Joyce (lead and rhythm guitars, background vocals)
Michael Vaughn (bass, background vocals)
Steve Thomas (drums, background vocals)

guest musicians :

Tom Treumuth (additional keyboards)
Randy Cook (drums)
Rob Laidlaw (bass)
Jeremo Godboo (harmonica)
Mike Shotten (background vocals)
Gary Furniss (12 string acoustic guitar, electric guitar, drums programming)

Produced and Engineered by Tom Treumuth and Gary Furniss.
Executive producer; Gene Simmons.
Mixed by Gary Lyons at The Hit Factory, New York City.
Recorded at Hypnotic Sound, Toronto, Canada.
Additional recording at River Audio, Fort Erie, Canada.

Tracklist:

01. Poisoned By Love 4:27
02. Crawlin' 5:04
03. Borderline 4:14
04. Blood 'N Sweat 4:07
05. Love Me Or Leave Me 4:34
06. Make Me Do Anything You Want 5:08
07. Shiver Then Shake 3:27
08. Wild Reaction 3:18
09. Don't Turn Your Back On Me Now 4:05
10. Highway-One-Way 3:30

+ Video "Poisoned By Love" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1990 / NEWS 1990"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných