Jerusalem - Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent (1988)

hudební novinky 1988 / music news 1988
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Apr 2021, 10:15

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Christian Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 148 mb

Info:

Jerusalem is a Swedish Christian rock band, founded in 1975 by Ulf Christiansson. It was one of the first bands to combine Christian lyrics with a hard rock and heavy metal sound.Jerusalem's message was primarily aimed at youth, with their lyrics describing the band's relationship to God in an ordinary, but radical way. The band's purpose was expressly evangelistic. Their concerts have been described as a series of revival meetings which often included altar calls and occasionally exorcisms.When the band first toured in the mid-1970s in Sweden, their combination of Christian lyrics with a hard rock sound was very controversial. The band was only permitted to perform at a few churches.Over time, Jerusalem gained broader acceptance, and after three years of touring record companies began making offers to record the band. The Christian record company Prim signed Jerusalem, without much expectation of success. However, the band's self-titled debut album, Jerusalem, became an instant hit among Christian listeners, and within the first six months the record sold 20,000 copies, unheard of within the genre of Christian rock in Europe.Buoyed by the response, Jerusalem toured both in Sweden and the rest of Scandinavia.The next album, Volym 2, was released in 1980. This record, which was also dubbed into an English version, exposed Jerusalem to a global audience. The band's schedule became filled with tours in Germany, France, England, Belgium, and Finland.From the Christian Greenbelt festival in England, where Jerusalem participated during the summer, Americans brought the record to the United States and Glen Kaiser, leader of Resurrection Band, one of the biggest Christian rock bands in the US. Kaiser gave the record to Pat Boone, who owned the Lamb & Lion record company. Lamb & Lion subsequently released Jerusalem's records in the United States and Canada.In 1981 Jerusalem released their third album, Krigsman (Warrior), which became a sales success in Sweden, Europe, USA, and Canada. In the fall of 1981, Jerusalem toured the United States. European, radical Jerusalem, with their heavy hard rock,took the USA by storm.At this time the band consisted of Ulf Christiansson on guitar and vocals, Dan Tibell on keyboards, Peter Carlsohn on bass (replacing Anders Mossberg), and Michael Ulvsgärd on drums (replacing Klas Anderhell).With the fourth album, Vi Kan Inte Stoppas (Can't Stop Us Now), Jerusalem changed their style to a more melodic rock sound with lyrics that were not as overtly God-centered. This lost the band support amongst many Christian fans. The album,recorded in Belfast, Northern Ireland, led to another tour in the USA, where the video also was shown on MTV. Despite changes in the band's lyrical approach, the success was enormous, especially amongst non-Christian rockers.During the following years, Jerusalem mostly toured abroad. Between 1983 and 1985, Jerusalem made several very successful tours in USA, which finally resulted in a live album, In His Majesty's Service – Live in USA, recorded in Shreveport and Dallas.Eventually,however, this all became too much, and the members of the band tired out.In 1985, Jerusalem quit touring and enrolled in the Word of Life Bible School.In 1987, Jerusalem released Dancing on the Head of the Serpent. Reidar Paulsen played the keyboards. The record sleeve depicted an army boot trampling on a demon. This radical image proved too shocking for Swedish Christians. Some record stores banned the album,while others still stocked the album, but sold the record under the counter. After this album the band took a six-year hiatus.In 1992, the band moved back to Gothenburg, Sweden and recorded Prophet.It ultimately became the Jerusalem album that garnered the most favourable reviews.The band released their new studio album called, She, on October 22, 2010.

Album:

Dancing on the Head of the Serpent is the fifth studio album, and the sixth album overall, by the Swedish hard rock band Jerusalem. Unlike their first four studio albums, it was recorded only in English, although there are two different versions. The original version was released in Scandinavia in 1987 on JM Records.In 1988,Refuge Records released a re-recorded and remixed version in the United States, with slightly different artwork.This was the first Jerusalem album to be released on CD.The general lyrical theme of the album is "war against Satan", but songs such as "Still" focus on forgiveness and restoration.Several record stores in Scandinavia banned it because of its album cover (painted by Rolf Jansson of Norway).Jerusalem is one of those classic Jesus rock bands that many hold in very high esteem, ranking up there with Petra and Resurrection Band as one of the pioneers and innovators in the Christian rock movement of the late 1970s and 1980s. Hailing from Sweden, they infused genuine hard rock with a very straight-forward message of the Gospel, garnering a lot of support and a lot of controversy at the same time. I remember the pastor of a church I used to go to had several of Jerusalem’s albums on the original vinyl, and him and his wife talking fondly of the band and how they were instrumental in their faith. So, you’d think I would have jumped on collecting Jerusalm’s albums long before now. Alas, I may lose massive C-Rocker points here, but…yeah, I just recently purchased this, the only Jerusalem album in my collection at this moment.Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent is Jerusalem’s fifth studio album, one that features in pretty much all of the record collections of Jesus Rock elders I know. Interesting history of this album: It was their first record to be done entirely in English (the others had Swedish versions in Europe). It was also re-recorded and tweaked a bit for the English release, mainly because apparently Ulf Christiansson (guitars, vocals, main guy) wasn’t happy with the first recording. Also, the album artwork was extremely controversial over in Europe, featuring a demon getting stomped on by a pair of combat boots, resulting in the album getting either banned outright, or sold under the counter at Christian bookstores. The album artwork was tweaked a bit for the US release, but kept the general image while just changing some color hues and repositioning the logo and the font of the title.The version of Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent is, as far as I understand, the re-recorded version used for the initial US release. I don’t have a version of the original Swedish recording before Ulf re-recorded everything, so I don’t have any comparison as far as that goes. Going strictly by the music on the album I have, Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent is really good 80s hard rock. Kind of poppy, mainly from the use of keyboards, but the base is some tasty hook-laden hard rock. If I had to make a contemporary comparison, I’d say Dancing On The Head of The Serpent has more in kind with Survivor and 80s-era Whitesnake rather than Bon Jovi. There is some good stuff on here, with the entire album a good solid listen. The lyrics deal a lot with the theme of war with Satan and darkness, along with the standard evangelistic give-your-life-to-Jesus Jerusalem is known for, all written straight-forward but not cheesy, which is one of the reasons why this album stood out from the rest of the Christian Rock albums of the time.Overall, though I was familiar with maybe three Jerusalem songs from compilations, I found Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent a great collection of hard rock that still holds up nearly 25 years later. Yeah, I’m glad I purchased this.

Line-Up:

Ulf Christiansson - Guitar, Vocals
Michael Ulvsgärd - Drums, Backing Vocals
Peter Carlsohn - Bass, Backing Vocals
Reidar Paulsen - Keyboards, Backing Vocals

Produced by Ulf Christiansson

Tracklist:

01. Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent
02. Plunder Hell And Populate Heaven
03. Rebels Of Jesus Christ
04. Listen To Me
05. Woe, Woe,... The Great Fall
06. We're Gonna Take Europe
07. Come Higher
08. Catch The Devil, Catch The Thief
09. The Night When Revelation Came Into My Life
10. Still

+ Video "Dancing On The Head Of The Serpent" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1988 / NEWS 1988"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní