The Dogs D'Amour - In The Dynamite Jet Saloon (1988)

hudební novinky 1988 / music news 1988
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Feb 2021, 09:45

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988
Style : Hard Rock , Rock N Roll , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 132 mb

Bio:

The Dogs D'Amour are a rock and roll band formed in 1983 in London, England. Over the years the band has had various line-ups, the only constant being vocalist Tyla.Their 1989 release, A Graveyard of Empty Bottles, reached #16 on the UK chart while the single "Satellite Kid" reached #26.In 1991, the band broke up onstage, before reforming briefly in the early 1990s for the release of their sixth studio album More Unchartered Heights of Disgrace. After this, however, the most famous incarnation of the band ceased to exist. There was another brief reunion in 2000 and an album, but, throughout the 2000s, Tyla has been touring and releasing albums under the band name, which is vastly different from their older material.In December 2012 the 'classic' line-up of Tyla, Jo 'Dog' Almeida, Steve James and Bam agreed to reform to play a series of benefit concerts for their long-time friend, and former bandmate, Paul Hornby. In January 2013, the band recorded an E.P. in Florida and have announced live dates for the UK and Spain.The origins of the band can be traced to The Bordello Boys,[1] formed in late 1982 by Tyla. An American vocalist who was staying in England at the time, Ned Christie (real name Robert Stoddard), was brought into the project and he gave the band the name The Dogs D'Amour, and co-wrote many early songs with Tyla. Guitarist Nick Halls, bass guitarist Karl Watson and drummer Bam completed the line-up.The Dogs D'Amour played around fifty live shows during this era and recorded on two separate sessions. On the strength on the second, the band was signed to a record deal with Kumibeat Records from Finland. However, shortly before the band was scheduled to record their first album, Christie left the band in late 1983 because of musical differences with guitarist Tyla.Another reason for the split was that Christie had recently started another band with Bam called On The Wire and had his own recording commitments scheduled with that band, around the same time that the Dogs D'Amour were due to record their own first album.The entire line-up with the exception of Tyla and Watson left the band during this time.The music of the Dogs D'Amour can be described as a mixture of The Rolling Stones and Faces-style blues rock and Hanoi Rocks-style glam punk. Unlike popular bands of the time, who often had misogynistic themes, the Dogs D'Amour relied more on romantic themes and a poetic lyrical style. Tyla was also a huge fan of Charles Bukowski, and many of his lyrics, delivered with an impelling throaty rasp, were tinged with humorous irony and pathos, reflecting Bukowski's prosaic style.The Dogs' sound was firmly rooted in American blues music, and Jo Almeida's unique and distinctive slide guitar was reminiscent of blues masters like Lightnin' Hopkins and Charlie Patton. The Dogs began to show a strong country & western side on 1989's Errol Flynn (released as King Of The Thieves in the United States), a few years before alt-country came into vogue.Tyla is also an accomplished artist and his distinctive artwork graced the covers of all the Dogs D'Amour albums and singles. Tyla's artistic style has evolved with every release,progressing from pure comic strip caricatures to elegant semi-abstract depictions in pastel and watercolour.

Album:

In the Dynamite Jet Saloon is rock band The Dogs D'Amour's second studio album, released in 1988. The album is the first featuring what is considered the "classic" line-up of the band.Three of the tracks from this album ("The Kid from Kensington", "I Don't Want You to Go" and "How Comes It Never Rains") were released as singles, with promotional videos to go along with them. "How Comes It Never Rains" was the highest charting, as it reached #44 on the UK Singles Chart, all three reached the top 100.For me it’s hard to be objective about the Dogs D’Amour. As a band that was so intertwined with my youth they rekindle many great memories whenever I hear them; though I do honestly believe that the Dogs were one of the few English bands in the late 80s who could have made it big.Part of the attraction of course was the whole idea of the Dogs. Barroom boozers who were so very English and yet so engaged by all things American. Their sound was a mix of blues and trash and glam and smoke and stones and sleaze, but with a predilection for alcohol and destruction and tragedy and loss. They glorified the gutter and found something uniquely poetic about failure.Tyla was an enigma who smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish but had the soul of a poet and the clothes of a New York Doll crossed with a cowboy. You always felt an honestly with the Dogs as the dirt was only just below the surface.Whilst in the Dynamite Jet Saloon isn’t my favorite Dogs album and wasn’t the first (that was the best avoided 'The State we're In' or the fantastic and amazingly ragged 'Official Bootleg album' depending on your view of things) it was probably the most important. I’d not been more overwhelmed by a live band since I first caught the Hanoi Rocks years before and the first time I saw the Dogs at some grimy pub in Nottingham I knew that they were something special. They were actually quite a tight unit in those days, even though Joe Dog looked so laid back he could fall asleep at any point; Steve James oozed cool; Tyla pounded his guitar and crooned and Bam was just all flailing arms behind his kit. I grabbed the ‘Official bootleg album’ soon after which is quite a rarity these days; and there were a couple of singles before ‘Dynamite Jet Saloon’ hit. Even the name was cool. You already knew that the place didn’t exist, or if it did it was likely to be in California somewhere.The album itself is now available in a number of formats and you should be able to pick it up for a decent price.Think Arizona, think Texas, think LA, think London, pack your whisky, your cigarettes and your six-gun. Now you’re just about ready. The year is 1987 it’s before Gunners are really big and the LA Strip is more Glam than sleaze, but these guys are more sloppy Stones than glam. Tyla’s voice sounds like it is made of cigarette smoke, it’s a rock and roll Tom Waits, that slurs and stumbles through beautiful words all backed by a bastardized blues based bar band that has tinges of country and punk and good old rock and roll.Musically the album has aged pretty well, like an old Faces album, it’s definitely not a modern sound but it translates well. You could even call some of these tracks timeless. Lyrically you’re in for a treat too and Tyla would only get better as the years went by.People have compared the Dogs to Hanoi Rocks, Guns and Roses and The Stones at one time or another but really they sound like neither, sure they have the essence of those bands but also bands like the Faces and the New York Dolls also.‘Debauchery’ that used to open the live set at the time is sleazy, sloppy blues that lays down the template for the album and whilst it was a great live favourite and sets out the Dogs agenda nicely it’s far from the best track on the album.‘I Don’t Want You To Go’ and the video that went with it was the Dogs at this point in time for me. It’s as infectious as they get this time around and the sort of song that just lives with you. Whilst the song actually made the lower reaches of the charts in the UK being on a minor label never really did the Dogs any favours and without the money behind them it was hard to make any impact on the UK charts which barely contained any real rock music at the time. ‘I Don’t Want You To Go’ is probably one of the Dogs most commercial tunes, though its worth mentioning that the Dogs never really compromised on their sound.‘How Come It Never Rains’ was a song that had been the Dogs first single and here it was remixed for the album. I can’t even begin to tell you how good this ballad is. I would have it in my top 10 songs of all time without a doubt (though I must admit that I actually preferred the earlier mix which was a little rawer). Tyla made the video himself (again the problems of being on a small label) buy again it failed to get real airplay. Had it got the exposure the Dogs could have gone stratospheric, it’s just one of those songs that really is so good it doesn’t matter what kind of music you are into. I secretly hope that some plastic-faced American Idol or heavily choreographed boy/girl band cover this one day and put a few pennies into his coffers!‘Last Bandit’ another live favourite and ‘Medicine Man’ sum up the Dogs ethos beautifully, here we see them as gloriously wasted gunslingers in the wild west retired to the saloon for a night of whisky and women. It’s rock and roll that makes you feel good and want to sing along to.There are a few older tracks on here; the best of which is the classic ode to the English comedian Tony Hancock in ‘Wait Until I’m Dead’ the song is catchy as hell and has Tyla visiting a theme he’d come back to later in the sad demise of our heroes, and the regret at how underappreciated they are: The struggle of the poet in life and the glorification after he’s dead. Beautiful words too.The album really doesn’t have a bad track and it varies in tone from introspection to straight out good time rock and roll. ‘The Kid from Kensington’ is another cool sing-along classic that lyrically places the Dogs right in the heart of the City. ‘Billy Two Rivers’ has us back in the States with its rousing sing-along.When this album hit you had the feeling that the Dogs would make it big and disappear into the sunset and all you would hear from them would be the odd postcard from the Sunset Strip. Whilst that sort of happened for a moment later on, the Dogs remain one of those enduring bands from a certain period in time who managed to stay together long enough to leave a big enough legacy of great songs to inspire others and leave people like me to rue the fact that life isn’t fair and that most gems still lay buried under the detritus.

Line-Up:

Tyla – vocals, guitars
Steve James – bass, 12-string, backing vocals
Bam – drums, percussion
Jo "Dog" Almeida – guitars, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Debauchery [02:57]
02. I Don't Want You To Go [03:50]
03. How Come It Never Rains [04:47]
04. Last Bandit [03:40]
05. Medicine Man [04:29]
06. Gonna Get It Right [03:38]
07. Everything I Want [03:59]
08. Heartbreak [03:18]
09. Billy Two Rivers [03:18]
10. Wait Until I'm Dead [04:13]
11. Sometimes [04:22]
12. The Kid From Kensington [03:48]
13. The State I'm In [03:37]

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1988 / NEWS 1988"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní