Femme Fatale - Femme Fatale (Japan Edition) (1988)

hudební novinky 1988 / music news 1988
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Nov 2020, 19:09

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Videos
Size : 145 mb

Bio:

Femme Fatale is an American hard rock band. Originally from Albuquerque, the band moved to Los Angeles and released one studio album before disbanding. Lead vocalist, Lorraine Lewis, restarted the band in 2013 with a new line-up.Femme Fatale was formed in 1987 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Later on that year, the band moved to Los Angeles and signed a recording contract with MCA Records after a well-received showcase. The band's self-titled debut album, released in 1988, peaked at No. 141 on the Billboard 200 the following year. MTV gave heavy airplay to the videos for "Waiting for the Big One" and "Falling in and out of Love", the band's two signature songs. The airplay helped the album to sell nearly 225,000 copies, but Femme Fatale was unable to match the popularity of other bands in the glam metal scene. The band saw their status at MCA shrink and the band's manager, Andrea Accardo, developed a rare brain cancer. Shortly after touring the world in support of Cheap Trick, recording was to commence on a new studio album, but ultimately it was never completed and the band dissolved in 1990.Since leaving Femme Fatale, Lorraine Lewis has recorded a few modestly successful solo albums in country, new-age, and other rock genres.Lewis competed on MTV's Remote Control in 1988, against Britny Fox's Dizzy Dean Davidson and Anthrax's Charlie Benante, who won.Guitarist Mazzi Rawd left the music industry and went on to get his PhD in Physics, and is now a Vice President in a Fortune 500 company.Guitarist Bill D'Angelo died of a heart attack in 2005, aged 43. The Albuquerque Tribune reported on March 26, 2006, that D'Angelo's death was due to methamphetamine misuse.In recent years, satellite radio and VH1 Classic have given the band's two signature songs a new life, with display on VH1 Classic's Metal Mania and the two main satellite networks' 1980s-themed stations.In 2013 Lorraine Lewis reformed the band with new line-up of Courtney Cox and Nita Strauss on guitars, Janis Tanaka on bass, Katt Scarlett on keyboards, Rachael Rine and Athena on drums.

Album:

Femme Fatale is the debut studio album by American hard rock band Femme Fatale, released in 1988 through MCA Records. It peaked at #141 on The Billboard 200 the following year.The song "Touch and Go" was featured on the soundtrack of the 1988 film License to Drive.Amazing and only released album from Femme Fatale. Lorraine's voice is always on key, and the hooks make you want to dance. A second album 'Lady in Waiting' was rumoured to have been recorded but never released, and that's a shame.Lorraine's 'Chains' on the soundtrack for the movie 'Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead' is awesome as well.Femme Fatale had only one album, but at least they made the most of it. Here is a breakdown of the album that I bought back in 1988 and still listen to. I listened to it yesterday in fact delivering pizzas.

1. Waiting for the Big One - It's a hell of an opener. Lorraine tells you right away what she's all about and that she'll never settle for second best. She doesn't want just 'anyone'. No no buddy. Lorraine is waiting for the BIG ONE!
2. Falling in and Out of Love - The album keeps up the momentum with this tune. Of course it's more about sex than love, but hey, it was the 80's!
3. My Baby's Gun - Lorraine is only into her third song on the album and by now most teenage boys are going crazy. This is probably Lorraine at her sexiest.
4. Back in Your Arms Again - What I love about this song is the chorus. It's very catchy. To me this is the most memorable song on the album.
5. Rebel - The ballad. It was the 80's and a ballad was mandatory. This is a pretty good, run of the mill, average 80's ballad.
6. Fortune and Fame - This is what Lorraine should have had with her next album, unfortunately it was never made. This song makes you wonder 'what if'. If Femme Fatale did one or two more albums, I think they would have reached the same level of fame as RATT.
7. Touch and Go - Good beat on this one. This is basiclly a sexy bump and grind song. Great tune to drive to with your girl riding shotgun.
8. If - To answer your question, no. You were wondering if this was a cover song from the band Bread right? Not even close. This song has an awesome guitar solo and Looraine sounds fresh. I always thought that she sang this is the morning for some reason. She just sounds so wide awake and cheery.
9. Heat the Fire - Don't think Lorraine and Company are gonna let this album fizzle out toward the end. This song sets you up for the earthshattering closer. More sexual innuendoes to be found here on this song, but isn't that why we became Femme Fatale fans in the first place?
10. Cradle's Rockin' - YEAH!!! Killer ending tune to a GREAT album. If you think the 80's were just Vixen and Lita Ford, you are mistaken. Lorraine Lewis and Femme Fatale were right in there too. They didn't get the recognition they should have, but this album rocks and it will live on forever. Even after You and I are both dead.

Line Up:

Lorraine Lewis - lead vocals, tambourine
Bill D'Angelo - guitar
Mazzi Rawd - guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
Rick Rael - bass, backing vocals
Bobby Murray - drums, backing vocals

Production:

Jim (H. M.) Faraci - producer
David Cole - producer, engineer and mixing of track 1, mixing of track 2
Charlei Brocco - engineer
Brian Foraker - mixing of tracks 3 and 4
Greg Fulginti - mastering

Tracklist:

01. "Waiting for the Big One" (Rich Neighbor, David Cole) - 4:23
02. "Falling In and Out of Love" (Mazzi Rawd, Lorraine Lewis) - 3:48
03. "My Baby's Gun" (Rawd, Lewis) - 3:35
04. "Back in Your Arms Again" (Rawd, Lewis, Mick Nichols) - 4:18
05. "Rebel" (Reg Laws) - 4:28
06. "Fortune & Fame" (Rawd) - 3:34
07. "Touch and Go" (Rawd, Lewis, Danny Wilde) - 4:07
08. "If" (Rawd, Lewis) - 3:56
09. "Heat the Fire" (Rawd, Lewis) - 3:52
10. "Cradle's Rockin'" (Rawd, Lewis) - 3:14

+ Video "Falling In and Out of Love" (Official Video)
+ Video "Waiting For The Big One" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1988 / NEWS 1988"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní