Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 151 mb

Bio:

For mainman Monty Byrom, New Frontier represents life after his stint with Billy Satellite. The band contained a few other San Francisco members including Gamma bassist Glenn Letsch. New Frontier is definitely standing at the corridor of melodic rock and AOR, with lots of infectious songs, with Monty's typical trademark guitar and impassioned vocals, while Neuhauser provides the polish. The mostly Richie Zito production guarantees this album at least some respectability on that side of things, while Phil Kaffel (ref Taxxi) produces three of the tracks. Overall the sound is smooth, but slightly rough-house in an AOR sort of way (I hope that makes sense to some of you). A bit like 38 Special when you compare them with some of their southern counterparts.Was a pity then that New Frontier didn't hang around for long unfortunately. Byrom and Neuhauser headed off to greener pastures in Nashville where they formed the successful country rock act Big House. Meanwhile Letsch hooked up with Gamma singer Davey Pattison and joined forces in Robin Trower's band.

Album:

Good AOR record,..This band reminds alot of 38 Special to me,they mix southern rock and AOR in a great way."Under fire", "Love Is Stronger Than The Heart" and "I Think About You" are all really good AOR.For me personally, I love most of these songs. Easy on the ear, and a nice middle ground between Byrom's earlier work, and where he would eventually take his musical direction. In ways there's bits of Nelson, Restless Heart, and of course the inevitable comparison to Billy Satellite. The opening trio of 'Under Fire', 'American Dream' and the country rock of 'Love Is Stronger Than The Heart' all echo these comparisons. 'Change For The Better' has a guitar strut which former B.S bandmate Danny Chauncey could easily slide into, and he could do likewise on the sassy 'Lonesome Blues'. There's a certain commercialness with 'I Think About You' which just about borders on throwaway, but as it's a Michael Bolton and Martin Briley co-write, who am Ito say? Following on is 'Motel Rain' a contender for one of those steamy MTV video's I reckon.. 'Burning The Page' is a great AOR tune which probably could benefit from a heavier mix, while the blues returns on the album closer 'Riverboat Man', a traditional workout in true delta fashion!

Line-Up:

Monty Byrom - vocals, guitars (Ex-Big House, Ex-Billy Satellite)
David Neuhauser - piano, organ, synthesizers
Glenn Letsch - bass
Marc Nelson - drums

additional:

Tommy Funderburk backing vocals
Arthur Barrow additional keyboards
Kim Bullard additional keyboards

Produced by Richie Zito.

Tracklist:

01. Under Fire
02. American Dream
03. Love Is Stronger Than The Heart
04. Change For The Better
05. Standing In My Tears
06. Lonesome Blues
07. I Think About You (written by: Michael Bolton, Martin Briley)
08. Motel Rain
09. Burning The Page
10. Riverboat Man

+ Video "Under Fire" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1988 / NEWS 1988"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných