Sacrifice - Forward To Termination (1987) (Restless Records Edition 1988)

hudební novinky 1988 / music news 1988
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Apr 2023, 10:16

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (Restless Records Edition 1988)
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 94 mb

Bio:

Sacrifice is a Canadian thrash metal band from Toronto, Ontario. The band was formed by guitarists Rob Urbinati and Joe Rico in 1983. Sacrifice played a prominent role in the 1980s underground metal scene in Toronto, and grew to release four studio albums before parting ways in 1993. After coming back together to play a reunion concert in 2006, they released their fifth studio album The Ones I Condemn on Brazilian label Marquee Records in 2009. Although the band faced numerous lineup changes, especially in their early days, founding guitarists Urbinati, Rico and bassist Scott Watts recorded every studio album and demo and drummer Gus Pynn on everything but the Apocalypse Inside demo and CD.Friends and guitarists Rob Urbinati and Joe Rico decided to form a metal band in 1983, playing covers of some of their favourite songs. They recruited Rico's friend Scott Watts to play bass, and Andrew Banks on drums, who was replaced by Craig Boyle. Singer John Baldy, a friend of Boyle's, also joined the band.Together they recorded a pair of rehearsal tapes — featuring their first original song "Turn in Your Grave", along with a variety of covers of songs by bands such as Black Sabbath, Metallica, and Judas Priest.By early 1985, the majority of the band had decided to move towards a heavier and faster direction with Urbinati on vocals, ousting Baldy and Boyle, and were therefore in need of a new drummer. Ernst Flach filled the position for only a few live shows before leaving, as his drumming style did not fit the fast pace the band wanted to play. It was not until Gus Pynn had contacted the band for an audition that they finally found a permanent drummer.Now that they had a complete lineup, local record store employee Brian Taylor approached Sacrifice and local friends Slaughter to finance the recording of demos for these two bands in exchange for the profits made by selling the tapes at his shop.Both bands agreed, and Sacrifice released The Exorcism demo featuring new original songs.Later that year, Sacrifice opened a show in Toronto for Exodus, who were on their first North American tour. Sacrifice credits the growth of their band and the Toronto underground metal scene in general to their appearance at this show. As a result, the band signed a contract with Diabolic Force.In the fall of 1985, the band entered the Future Sound studio, to record the debut album Torment in Fire. The album was released in the same year in Canada on Diabolic Force, and in 1986 on Metal Blade Records in the United States and on Roadrunner Records in Europe. Until the album was released, the band worked on new material and finished it at the end of 1985.In July 1986, the band recorded another demo in the Open Sound Studio. This was followed by an appearance in Kitchener, Ontario, with Megadeth as the opening act for King Diamond.In September they played in Quebec City and the No Speed Limit Festival at the Spectrum in Montreal together with Possessed, Voivod, D.R.I. and Agnostic Front.In November 1986 Sacrifice opened up for Slayer on their Reign in Blood tour at the Concert Hall in Toronto.In January 1987, the first appearances outside Canada followed with concerts in Detroit and Chicago. There followed further appearances in Canada until April 1987. The Band then entered Grant Avenue Studio in Hamilton, to record the album Forward to Termination. It was released again on Diabolic Force, Metal Blade and Roadrunner Records for the US and Europe.A music video for the song "Re-Animation" was also filmed.These were followed by the Milwaukee Metal Festival in July 1987 along with bands such as Death Angel, Trouble and King Diamond. In November 1987, they played with Nuclear Assault.Appearances in Ottawa, Quebec City and Montreal followed in December.In December 1988 the band went into the Studio to record a new demo; Bassist Scott Watts played the electric guitar on a couple of out-take songs. A few days later Sacrifice performed as opening act along with the Goo Goo Dolls for Motörhead in Buffalo and Rochester. In 1989 the band recorded another demo. A few months later the band entered Phase One Studios in Toronto to record another album. It was produced by Joe Primeau and Brian Taylor. Again released on Diabolic Force, the album was titled Soldiers of Misfortune.The album was released in March 5, 1991.They also released a video for the song "S.O.M.". Towards the end of the year a tour followed with Razor.Drummer Gus Pynn left the band and was replaced by Mike Rosenthal, formerly of Dark Legion.In 1991 the band toured the U.S with British band Bolt Thrower and American thrash band Believer.In 1993 Sacrifice went back to Phase One Studios to record the album Apocalypse Inside which was released on Metal Blade records. It was co-produced by Dave Carlo (guitarist with Razor).During that summer bassist Scott Watts parted ways with the band and was replaced by Kevin Wimberley.After a tour of the United States in the same year in which the band supported Death, Sacrifice called it quits.Urbinati went on to form Interzone (with Wimberley), Tenet (in 2002), and War Amp (in 2005).In 2004 Brazilian record label Marquee reissued the Bands first 3 Albums on CD .Although the band faced numerous lineup changes, especially in their early days, founding guitarists Urbinati and Rico and bassist Scott Watts recorded every studio album and demo and drummer Gus Pynn played on everything but the Apocalypse Inside demo and CD.

Album:

I'm always rather surprised when I'm reminded that bands like Sacrifice are Canadian. I just don't associate this kind of raging fun with Canada. I can associate progressive and technical acumen with them: Rush, Voivod, Cryptopsy, and Gorguts. These bands are all renowned for their quirkiness and technique. Cryptopsy might be more known for their brutality, but the skill is there whereas Sacrifice is essentially just straight-ahead fun thrash. This isn't to say they can't play, but it's not a major feature.The production on here is a little rough, but not seriously. Torment in Fire was much rougher. This is more like Darkness Descends with less of the fuzziness. I would say that this production works well for the album at hand. The band still has this wild energy to them and the less than perfect sound compliments this well.The guitar players are quite clear in the mix as every riff can be enjoyed to their fullest. There are quite a few enjoyable riffs in here. They're not especially technical, but their not trying to be. The riffs are forceful, fast, and as heavy as they need to be. Thankfully, there is a good deal of variety in their riffing, so none of the simpler riffs overstay their welcome. The solos aren't anything wonderful, but there's few of them so no harm done.The drumming is pretty good for thrash. He can go pretty fast, he has good fills, and he hits hard enough. Surprising for a recording of this quality, the drum sound is very good. It can get a little buried from time to time, but it is a pretty ideal sound. The bass is submerged for most of the album except for Forever Enslaved and then it is very loud. He tosses in a few nifty fills, so when audible he's not bad.The vocalist is somewhat unusual. He reminds me of Don Doty or a young Schmier. He's definitely unpredictable with his wild screams approach to the music. I like it, and it's not uncommon for thrash. Could I envision a metal fan not liking it, of course, but probably one who isn't big into thrash anyways.Considering the nature of the record as a fun romp, this does the job quite well. It is a very nice, brutal thrash record that I could just put on and enjoy. The reason for its high rating is that I can't think of any really legitimate complaints. The reason it's not any higher is because Dark Angel essentially outdid this album the year before. I would recommend this album to anyone who likes thrash.

Line-Up:

Rob Urbinati - Guitars (1983-1993, 2006-present), Vocals (1985-1993, 2006-present) - see also: Interzone, ex-Tenet
Scott Watts - Bass (1983-1993, 2006-present)
Joe Rico - Guitars (1983-1993, 2006-present)
Gus Pynn - Drums (1985-1990, 2006-present) - see also: ex-The 3Tards

Tracklist:

01. Forward to Termination 01:02
02. Terror Strikes 03:28
03. Re-Animation 03:49
04. Afterlife 04:14
05. Flames of Armageddon 07:49
06. The Entity 05:44
07. Forever Enslaved 03:09
08. Cyanide 03:38
09. Light of the End 04:49
10. Pyrokinesis 02:06

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1988 / NEWS 1988"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní