The Rossington Band - Love Your Man (1988)

hudební novinky 1988 / music news 1988
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Mar 2023, 09:40

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Rock , AOR , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 128 mb

Bio:

Rossington was a rock group formed by Gary Rossington, of Lynyrd Skynyrd fame, and his wife Dale Krantz-Rossington after the breakup of The Rossington-Collins Band.Gary and Dale married in 1982.Their marriage, in conjunction with the death of Allen Collins' wife and an unsuccessful second album, contributed to the demise of the Rossington-Collins Band.The couple formed a new group, called The Rossington Band. The band released their debut album, Returned to the Scene of the Crime in 1986. Two years later, the band shortened its name to "Rossington" and released a second album, Love Your Man. After a 28 year hiatus, the album, Take It On Faith was released in November 2016.Gary Rossington died on March 5, 2023, at the age of 71.

Album:

The Rossington Band released album number 2 for MCA in 1988, and though it continues the great tradition of southern rock, it is tempered with many commercial AOR traits, keyboard layers and a slick production. Comparison wise, I see a mix of April Wine commericality,..38 Special and that classic 1985 album by Van Zant.Dale Krantz Rossington (initially she was in background vocals of 38 special and then she will be the wife of the legendary Gary Rossington from Lynyrd Skynyrd) is an extraordinary singer.Billy Powell says that the first time she came in the studio (for The Rossington Collins Band record),he stop playing his keyboards cause in his life he had never hear a so fanstastic singer like Dale,he was scotched and he thing "on what planet Dale come from?" This cd is a pure aor/southern jewel a little more hard than the exceptiona l"return to the scene of the crime".track 12"don t miss unterstand me"is a super southern bonus track live with steve morse (deep purple) on guitar!!! This is another one of those Lynyrd Skynyrd "transition bands", that was formed after the plane crash of 1977 and before, Skynyrd re-united in 1987. This band was formed just after the breakup of the Rossington-Collins Band. This CD contains some great lead vocals by Dale Krantz-Rossington, and some fantastic guitar play from Gary Rossington & Jay Johnson. Jay Johnson is a Southern Rock "superstar" in his own right. His dad was Jimmy Johnson, who was a record producer & a guitarist for the Muscle Shoals, Alabama Recording Studio Rhythym Section. He was one of the "Swampers" that Skynyrd referred to in their hit song "Sweet Home Alabama".After, this band ended, Gary & Dale re-united with Lynyrd Skynryd with Johnny Van Zant on lead vocals, and Jay Johnson joined the "Southern Rock Allstars" and even the southern rock band "Blackfoot". He is included in the dvd of the "Southern Rock Allstars" & he is in the "Blackfoot" dvd "Southern Rock's Best - Blackfoot". He is a fantastic guitarist and so is Gary Rossington.Overall, if you like Skynyrd, The Rossington-Collins Band, &/or Southern Rock in general, then you should really enjoy this dandy.I highly recommend it.

Line-Up:

Dale Krantz-Rossington - vocals - see also: ex-38 Special, ex-Lynyrd Skynyrd
Gary Rossington - guitar - see also: ex-Lynyrd Skynyrd, ex-Rossington Collins Band (R.I.P. 2023)
Jay Johnson - guitar
Tim Lindsey - bass
Tim Sharpton - keyboards
Mitch Rigel - drums

+

Saxophone – Ronnie Eades
Musician [Additional] – Clayton Ivey, Owen Hale, Roger Hawkins, Steve Morse
Percussion – Mitch Rigel
Backing Vocals – Annie Thomas (tracks: 6), Gary Baker (5), Mac McAnally, Myrtice Fields (tracks: 6), Thomisene Anderson (tracks: 6)

Production:

Recorded At – Muscle Shoals Sound Studios
Mixed At – Sigma Sound Studios, New York
Mastered At – Sterling Sound
Art Direction – JA
Design – DZN, The Design group
Engineer – "Pokin" Pete Greene*, Steve Melton
Engineer [Assistant, Mix] – Mark Roule, Nick Delre, Tony Maserati
Engineer [Assistant, Recording] – Tim Facok, Vickie Lancaster*
Executive-Producer – Don Perry
Liner Notes – Malcolm Dome
Mastered By – Jack Skinner
Mixed By – Glenn Rosenstein
Photography By – Carol Friedman, Jimi Stratton
Photography By [Live] – J.J. Hollis
Producer – Gary Rossington, Jimmy Johnson

Tracklist:

01. Losin' Control
02. Welcome Me Home (Album Version)
03. Call It Love
04. Holdin' My Own
05. Rock On
06. Love Your Man (Album Version)
07. Stay With Me
08. Nowhere To Run
09. Say It From The Heart
10. I Don't Want To Leave You
11. Enough Is Enough (Bonus Track)
12. Don't Misunderstand Me (Live At The Omni, Atlanta 1987) (Bonus Track)
13. Don't Let The City Make You Crazy (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1988 / NEWS 1988"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný