Satan's Fall - Past Of (Limited Edition) (2020)

hudební novinky 2020 / music news 2020
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Nov 2023, 13:46

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Style : Heavy Metal (Compilation)
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 101 mb

Bio:

Satan's Fall are a Finnish heavy metal band formed in early 2015 in the city of Helsinki.The band's debut album "Final Day" has already received a lot of positive feedback in the pre-reviews as well as pre-listening songs among the listeners. Satan’s Fall’s timeless heavy metal takes listeners into a world of catchy melodies, sing-along choruses, rolling riffs and thunderous drums.

Album:

This compilation includes Seven Nights demo 2016, Metal of Satan EP 2016 and Forever Blind single 2018. This is the only way to get Forever Blind on CD format and it's remixed and mastered for this release only.Due to Co-virus contagion, invarious - not invidious - acts are slamming brakes on live tours, as well as studio time, but that hasn't prevented High Roller Records (heaven), this April past, from kicking out Finland's Satan's Fall out of ye olde vestigial trad-meets-speed metal cloud with a comprehensive, perhaps, even commemorative, Past Of compilation which comprises the twin-axed, Hel(l)sinki spawned quintet's shot-for-the-cycle disco, thus far (i.e. 2016 EP, demo & 2018 single).Exactly how this wicked, kick-ass collection of crisply virtuous rhythmic passages, not to mention indelibly blitzing guitar solos, has yet to be reviewed is beyond me. Granted, I'd seen snippets of minute morsels on our good buddy "NWOTHM"'s youtube channel, but, like others, was also left musing on whence a longer, full-length would ensue.It's all so moot, now, what with Past Of's rough half-hour of eight stellar, pedal-to-the-metal pistonations & intonations, averaging an attention-seizing three-and-a-half minutes, whilst also including a downright apropos, as well as superior, cover of Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone", circa 1986 - coincidentally, one of my earliest musical memories, back from whence the clan and I would embark on nationally lampooned road trips to visit California kinfolk.Its Grinder inspired cover art aside, Past Of opens up to said Seven Nights demo entailing "Poisonhead", "Steel Highway" and eponymous "Seven Nights' before segueing, barracuda-like, unto stupidly named, Metal of Satan EP with remaining, fore mentioned SF tracks - which includes top highlight and quintessential night road gliding number, "Riders of the Night", a chromatically squealing, no frills, full-blown meat and potatoes heady throttler thanks to its evilly spilling main riff, itself an intricate dead-ringer for Striker's "Lord of the Sword", solo and all, but with a sonorously dark and exotic chorus, to boot.Bringing up the rear is latent "Forever Blind" single (and original procreator of said Kenny L. reprisal), which features a new vocalist/front man, albeit not quite an as appealing one; consider it more of a power metal-ish, at worst, decent metal-core, outlier which demonstrates the band's less raw or high n' dry side.Overall, the main comparison/similarity conveyed to brain pan would be a quicksilver cross between Diamonds era Enforcer with Breaking The Spell aura Sign of the Jackal (from Italy, featuring a deadly oedipal songstress-with-verve), particularly on "Poisonhead", where I'm reminded of a fatal liaison 'twixt the former's "Live For The Night" and latter's "Night Curse' molester. Elsewhere, equally Finnish and kranked Cast Iron cum Speed Queen vibes permeate the fray, specially on the lyrically cryptic and jaunty-in-tempo "Seven Nights"...For my money, or aviator shades (and chains), place roulette ball on blackened rogue "The Beast Rises" and, to same degree, albeit for different reasons, "False Idols". Thusly, my goat and I are ruefully kicked in groin(s), with straightforward, kinetic power, and utmost, merry fulsomeness once track number "seitsemän" stoically shuffles itself into the roadway, in a stark In Solitude/Wolf manner - think the Swedes' "Beyond Is Where I Learn" and/or "Make Friends With Your Nightmares" - eventually delving into a hyperactively flung, dual-patterned riff-fest chock full of debilitating, lead trade-offs fit for a flame-God, or two...The Skull Fist-ish "Metal of Satan" is no slouch, either, particularly at 02:43, once the ax dudes let 'er rip with fierce, whip-lashing abandon, up there with any worthy genre re-generator-gator, whilst said "False Idols" comes across as pure, died-in-the-wool Wolf. Plus, the genially wrung vocals, in addition to catchy, sing-a-long chorus, along with banging return to finger-splayed form and mesmerizing top side lead etude, make sure of cementing Satan's Fall as one of the most fetching finds amid these (branch) Covidian times of strife and peril.Insofar as technicalities go, the front man's range varies between a low Natur/In Solitude-like vocal despondence and much higher, at times downright stratospheric, Sleazer/Wolf mien capable of matching shrieks with any withered barrow crone at one's spiritual crossing. Although, in frankness, wish the bass was a bit more prevalent. (Nevertheless, it does a terrific job of introducing yet another highly Enforcer/Speed Queen-like track, "Steel Highway".) Drums, for their (quiff) part, sound somewhat detached from the proceedings, but such appoints a neat caveat to this coruscating effort.Lest I forget, Satan's Fall's masterful take on Kenny Loggins' seminal "Danger Zone" fits this comp like thumbscrews to a knave, or worse still, "speculum oris" to recalcitrant gruel muncher's throat! For once, again, we adequately hear the bass in full resounding torpor; the synths and upbeat drum beat, alongside brilliantly distorted stop and go power chords, only serve to heighten an already throttling and intense, radio-friendly and anthemic radio-rocker beyond anything imaginable. (Hell, the saxophone at song's outset showcases the epitome of innovation.As great (or not) as Past Of's cover is, I'm floored by such rip-roaring, excellent displays of talented six-string insinuation. All across the board, aside from minute vocal kinks, the gang is wound tighter than said leather vested gal's makeshift, however clanguorous, garrotte.Truth be told, I initially desired to keep Satan's Fall's compilationary gem relegated to the back-burner, in grand, feted anticipation of the next Metal-Archives Virgin Review Challenge - but, alas, am so fervently rocked, at this perforated juncture, that a gregariously extrapolated play-by-way was duly warranted...like cherry pie.Anyhow, seasoned fans of melodic speed/thrash, as well as overtly classic and traditional heavy metal in general, are, herewith, behoved into checking this phenom out.Cover art by Velio Josto.

Line Up:

Miika Kokko - Vocals
Joni Petander - Bass (Chalice)
Tomi Maenpaa - Guitars (Ominous, ex-Deather, ex-Urn (live), ex-Bestial Torture)
Lassi Tiainen - Guitars (Blood Region, Clandestine, Evil-Lyn, ex-Drawn Awake)
Ville Aatsinki - Drums (ex-Drawn Awake, ex-Sixteen Eleven, ex-Womit Angel)

Tracklist:

01. Poisonhead 03:21
02. Steel Highway 03:47
03. Seven Nights 03:17
04. Metal of Satan 03:55
05. Riders of the Night 03:25
06. The Beast Rises 04:07
07. False Idols 03:09
08. Forever Blind 03:36
09. Danger Zone (Kenny Loggins cover) 03:46

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2020 / NEWS 2020"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 27 neregistrovaných