W.A.S.P. - Still Not Black Enough (1995)

hudební novinky 1995 / music news 1995
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Sep 2020, 14:25

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1995
Style : Heavy Metal , Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 133 mb

Bio:

W.A.S.P. is an American heavy metal band formed in 1982. They emerged from the same Los Angeles scene that spawned Van Halen, Mötley Crüe, Dokken, Ratt, Quiet Riot, Guns N' Roses and others. The band's popularity peaked in the 1980s, yet they continue to record and tour, making them one of the most enduring of the West Coast heavy metal bands. W.A.S.P. gained notoriety for their shock rock themed image, lyrics and live performances. They have sold over 12 million copies of their albums.The band was a prominent target in the mid-1980s of the Parents Music Resource Center (PMRC), an organization that pushed for warning labels on recorded music. The band immortalized its fight with the PMRC on the song "Harder, Faster" from their 1987 live album, Live...In the Raw."I Wanna Be Somebody" was the most successful single from W.A.S.P.'s debut album and It was ranked at No. 84 in VH1's 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs of All Time.In October 2007, W.A.S.P. embarked on The Crimson Idol Tour, to celebrate that album's 15th anniversary. It is the first time that the album, often regarded to be among the band's finest work, was performed in full from start to finish. The tour kicked off in Greece, in Thessaloniki at the Principal Club Theater on October 26, 2007.Blackie Lawless remains the last member from the original line-up. They released their most recent album in November 2009, entitled Babylon.On September 21, 2012, the band celebrated the 30th anniversary of their first ever live show by kicking off a world tour at The Forum in London. The set for the tour was split into three sections: songs from the first four albums, a cut-down rendition of the Crimson Idol performance and a final segment for newer material.

Album:

Still Not Black Enough is the sixth studio album by W.A.S.P., first released in June 10, 1995 in Japan only. It was not released in the U.S. until August 1996 through Castle Records.Still Not Black Enough was originally slated for release as a Blackie Lawless solo album, but due to the heavy content, Lawless changed his mind and decided to release it as a W.A.S.P. album. This had also been the case for the previous album, The Crimson Idol. Still Not Black Enough is considered somewhat a successor to The Crimson Idol, bearing a strong resemblance with its lyrical themes. However, instead of telling the story of the fictional character Jonathan, this album is mostly a collection of personal songs from Blackie Lawless, including issues involving the death of his mother and personal crises just after world tour for The Crimson Idol.Still Not Black Enough is the successor of my favorite W.A.S.P. album, the almighty The Crimson Idol. Though to follow up on such a killer album if you ask me. But Blackie is up to the task and delivers yet another killer album and a worthy successor. The only complaint, and yet it isn't really one, is that its maybe a bit too similar with The Crimson Idol, the overall sound, the songs, everything smells and breathes like the previous opus, but, is this really a problem ? I don't think so. At least not for me, having two killer albums of this caliber is actually pure joy ! (though joy might not be one emotion floating at the surface while listening to either of these masterpieces).Just like for The Crimson Idol, this album does not contain a single weak track, the album contains 10 tracks and they are all a pure demonstration of the Heavy Metal mastery that Blackie can deliver. On the vocal side, we're on par with the previous album, emotional and excellent performance are on the rendez-vous. The drumming (and the originality) is maybe what doesn't put the album to the same level as The Crimson Idol. Its still great, but some of the magic and craziness is gone in that area. Guitar work is awesome, alternating heavy and melodic with the right balance. As the title suggests, this album is dark, maybe not as depressing as TCI (got bored of writing the title over and over again), but then very few albums are. The album contains tons of killer songs, my favorite are the fast paced like Still Not Black Enough, Black Forever, Goodbye America & No Way Out Of Here. But the ballads on that album are simply awesome too, Keep Holding On is very emotional and sad song. Breath has a more heavy part, a power ballad a la W.A.S.P.. Rock'N'Roll to Death is a great rock tune, and its good to see that bands don't forget their roots, and this song is the perfect exemple (the guitar reminds me of Johnny Be Good). I Can't is a rather disturbing song, but carries a powerful and disturbed vibe, another killer song. The album closes perfectly on a fast paced song, No Way Out Of Here, which makes you beg for more... and more of this style we wouldn't get until quite a while, until The Neon God.If The Crimson Idol wouldn't have existed, then this might have been my favorite album of W.A.S.P, but it borrows a lot from its predecessor (and its also significantly shorter), both musically and lyrically, an album which is actually more of a continuation or expansion of TCI. Interesting footnote on the album, where Blackie Lawless states is not "hiding behind Jonathan Steele" anymore. On a another matter concerning Blackie's career : I wish Schwarzy had let Blackie do the T-1000 in the Terminator 2 movie, not that I dislike Robert Patrick (on the contrary), but c'mon, it would have been fun to see him as a liquid metal killing machine wouldn't it ? In the end, for the reasons mentioned earlier, Still Not Black Enough couldn't be considered a classic in my opinion, but its the next best thing : and that is a killer album !

Line-Up:

Blackie Lawless - Guitars (1982, 1986-present), Vocals (1982-present), Bass (1983-1986, 1989-1992, 1993-1996), Keyboards (1992-present) - See also: ex-Hear 'n Aid, ex-Sister, ex-London, ex-Circus Circus, ex-Killer Kane, ex-New York Dolls
Bob Kulick – lead guitar
Frankie Banali – drums
Mark Josephson – electric violin
Stet Howland – additional percussion (on "Scared to Death" and "One Tribe")
Tracey Whitney, K.C. Calloway – background vocals

Production:

Mikey Davis – engineer, mixing
Chris Ashem, Mark Humphries – assistant engineers
Andy Van Dette – mastering at Masterdisk, New York
Kosh – album design

Tracklist:

01. Still Not Black Enough
02. Somebody To Love {Jefferson Airplane cover}
03. Black Forever
04. Scared To Death
05. Goodbye America
06. Keep Holding On
07. Rock And Roll To Death
08. Breathe
09. I Can't
10. No Way Out Of Here

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1995 / NEWS 1995"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných