Sargant Fury - Turn The Page (Japan Edition) (1995)

hudební novinky 1995 / music news 1995
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Máj 2020, 13:13

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1995 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 167 mb

Bio:

Melodic Hard Rock / Heavy Metal band from Hanover, Germany formed in 1987 and disbanded in the mid 1990's.German melodic rock band Sargant Fury was one of those bands that seemed to exist just under the radar, going unnoticed by just about everyone (except the Japanese, who have proven time and again that they know a good thing when they hear it). The band, which featured English singer Andrew McDermott (who would go on to sing for the progressive metal band Threshold on their best albums), had a polished, melodic sound that was similar to bands like Giant, Bad English and Tyketto, but with a uniquely European feel.Working with the top producers in the field, Sargant Fury issued a string of first rate melodic rock albums in the first half of the 1990s.More European hard rock to tempt the taste buds for all you starved supporters out there. Not very well known (only to the die-hard euro-rockers) are Sargant Fury. Bringing back to the often mis-represented genre that is European hard rock (particularly the German variety) this German band are well versed in the ways of *Pink Cream 69*, *Roko* and *Bonfire*, giving some long overdue credibility. You know, there's something to be said about the German scene, which when listened to from afar, or in many cases heard for the first time, it is easy to spot such a band from a distance. Well fortunately (or unfortunately in some peoples cases), Sargant Fury are one such band among many. However the familiar road that is travelled by many such bands leads us along a well-honed path, that seems to have been chiseled to perfection over time. As does David Reece sing for fellow Germans *Pink Cream 69*, so too another Englishman in the shape of Andrew McDermott (a.k.a Mac) who sings his arse off on this brilliant album. His voice lies between Craig Csongrady (ex *Boss* and *B.B Steal* singer) and *DeMont*'s Craig Morrison.. energy and exurbarance rolled up in one. Ironic that both those singers are Aussies, however the real power is in the guitar stakes, typically dual lead and rhythm which smokes throughout this storming set. Let's not forget, the focus on melodies which typify bands playing this style. They are somewhere between blistering melodic hard rock, though on their mellower moments, it's hard not to bring out the AOR comparisons, though in the main, they really are smothered by guitars and then more guitars!

Album:

Released in 1995, this was the band’s final album. For any other band, this probably would have been the album where they made a weak attempt at going grunge. Fortunately Sargant Fury stuck to their guns, the result of which may be the strongest of their three albums. Charlie Bauerfeind again produced this one, alongside noted power metal producer Sascha Paeth. Saxon guitarist Paul Quinn makes an appearance on Turn the Page, as do Bauerfeind and Paeth. The album includes a pair of cover songs – the Flashdance anthem “Maniac” (beating Firewind to that one by more than a decade) and Bad Company’s “Can’t Get Enough.”I still think the debut is the best CD they released, this is their 2nd best, I believe. For the first time in their career it was actually the ballads that shone brightest. They still rock as hard and good as anyone, but check out 'Time' for one of the best ballads you'll ever hear. (How many times do I say it?! But believe me when I say it... please ) 'Maniac' is a suprise awesome cover, but 'Time' is worth it all alone... Great CD!

Line Up:

Andrew "Mac" McDermott - Vocals (1987-1996) - See also: ex-PowerWorld, ex-Threshold, ex-Yargos, ex-Galloglass, ex-Swamp Freaks (R.I.P. 2011)
Kai Steffen - Guitars (1987-1996) - See also: Cholane, ex-Thomsen (live)
Olaf Grosser - Guitars (1987-1996)
Carsten Rebentisch - Bass (1994-1996) - See also: ex-Lawdy
Heiko Heike - Drums (1989-1996)

Tracklist:

01. Turn The Page
02. Best I Can
03. Crack In The Mirror
04. Time
05. K.Y. Jelly
06. No Other Way
07. Maniac (Cover: Michael Sembello)
08. Without You
09. Main Attraction
10. Can't Get Enough Cover: Bad Company)
11. Lucky Day
12. From A Distance

+ Video "Maniac" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1995 / NEWS 1995"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní