Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1997
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video
Size : 127 mb

Bio:

Pete Sandberg

Pete was born in Oslo, Norway, in the summer of 1967. He has two older brothers and a twin sister . In his youth he loved sports, especially soccer, "I used to collect photos of all the teams and players, my favorite team was Queens Park Rangers, and my favorite player was Kevin Keegan".When Pete was 13 years old, he and his family moved to Sweden. Not much later he joined a band at school and it completely took over all of his previous interests. Pete became totally hooked when he read Bob Dylan's brilliant lyrics, and when he heard Jimi Hendrix he knew that music was what he wanted to do! He tried to concentrate on school like all the other kids, but all that meant something was the music. Pete started his first band called "Rubbish Bin" at the age of 14, "we played classic AC/DC songs such as "The Jack", "Rock 'n' Roller" etc, it was a great time". He quickly realized that his voice was more suitable for melodic rock, so he started to listen to a lot of AOR .Pete signed his first recorddeal with bassplayer Magnus Rosén as the duo "Von Rosen" back in 1986. The debutsingle "Like A Dream" , produced by Mats Olausson , was a great experience for this still very young man with rockstar dreams. Von Rosen even got around to do a tour as supporting act for Samantha Fox, who was HUGE back then, Pete remembers the whole experience as "an incredible time in my life when all was new and exciting". During his time with Von Rosen Pete got to know Göran Edman , who at that time was the singer in Madison. Since Pete lived in the same town as Göran, Gothenburg, they became friends and Pete invited Göran to do some harmony vocals on Von Rosen's 2nd single "Someone Like You" .When Göran decided to leave Madison to join John Norum he told the guys in the band to check Pete out, they watched one of his gigs and offered him the job. The recordcompany wanted Madison to record a single as soon as possible, because they were scheduled to do a tour as supporting act for the Canadian band Helix. Madison went to Norway and recorded the single "Northern Light" , "it was heavier than the Von Rosen stuff, but it came out pretty good, and the Helix-tour too". Madison had already recorded demos for all the songs for their 3rd album, with the workingtitle "Where There Is A Will", but…One night when Pete was playing with Andy La Rocque , Pete Blakk , and Hempo Hildén , guitarplayer Tony Borg of Alien and this English speaking guy came backstage afterwards to have some drinks and a laugh, or so Pete thought. The guy in question was Alien's manager Steve Barnett , he asked Pete if he was interested in joining Alien, later that night Pete decided to do so.Alien's selftitled debutalbum was already released, but Pete recorded two additional tracks for the release of the US version of "Alien" . The album was produced by Chris Minto , and the vocals was produced by Duane Byron . Alien went to the USA to do some extensive promotion, and to make a video for "Tears Don't Put Out The Fire" with producer Doug Freel . The video came out great, Pete remembers that: "it felt pretty strange since I only sang on two tracks on the US version of the album, but it worked out well. The video - which was very expensive to make - was oddly enough never released officially, a well kept secret in the Virgin archives".When Alien was about to record the next album, "Shiftin' Gear" , all members but Tony and Pete had quit the band, they decided to do the album as a duo. Once again Göran Edman was asked to do some harmony vocals on a bunch of songs, "I love his voice, and he's a great guy". The album was produced by Svein Dag Hauge , they also recorded some additional singles in England at Town House Studios - owned by Phil Collins - with producer Mark Dearnly . A video was made for the single "The Air That I Breathe".On the Shiftin' Gear-tour the drummers mother tragically died in an accident and the whole tour got a bad vibe to it, and on top of that Alien had some difficulties with their recordcompany. They wanted Alien to tour Russia but Alien didn't have an album released there yet, and the security was very bad at that time so Pete refused to go. Tony insisted on going so Pete finally chose to quit the band, "I and Tony parted as friends, he’s a great guy and guitarplayer and we still have contact". After that Pete decided to move to the USA for a while and worked at Empire Studios in Burbank, California, as a songwriter/singer with guitarwizard John Tapella.Not much later Magnus Rosén called Pete up and invited him over to jam with some friends of his: Anders Johansson , Jörg Fischer and John Sykes . Anders was working with John on demos for Blue Murders 2nd album for Geffen Records, but Anders had heard some of Pete's earlier stuff and wanted to work with him instead, "Goodnight L.A." featuring Pete, Anders, Magnus and Jörg was formed. They recorded some demos, but the material didn't come out as good as they wanted to, so they decided to do a "covertour" while writing new material. Everybody was up for it except Magnus, who got a gig with Frank Marino's Mahogany Rush, Anders called bassplayer Per Stadin, fellow bandmember in Silver Mountain. The guys did an excellent European tour as "Coverboys", playing songs from their former bands Alien, Accept, Malmsteen and Silver Mountain, plus songs from their "old heroes" like Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple and Whitesnake.Per and Pete wrote a lot of material at hotels and on the tourbus during the Coverboys-tour, it came out great so they decided to make an album together. Jörg wasn't up for it because he had some tax difficulties back in Germany, and wanted to record with his own project "Billionaires Boys Club". Instead they called this young great guitarplayer from Sweden, Sven Cirnski , and the band "Snake Charmer" was formed. They released their debutalbum "Smoke And Mirrors" in 1993, the band was voted #1 in respected Japanese "BURRN! Magazine" May issue that same year.While in Canada on vacation with his wife, Pete went to this club to check out some bands, an amazing guitarplayer made a big impression on Pete. Pete introduced himself after the gig, and the guy - Dick Bewarp - turned out to be from Sweden as well, Dick was only visiting his Canadian father. They hit it off immediately and decided to do something together, Dick had already done one album with his band "Bewarp". They started writing songs for "In Your Face" shortly after they met, they wrote the songs in the studio while recording, Pete had never worked that way before, but found it "different but very refreshing". Besides playing in Bewarp Dick also held guitarseminars and directed musicvideos, Bewarp made three videos to promote "In Your Face": "Child's Play", "Love Me Or Leave Me" and "Wild Side".Pete started writing songs for his 1st soloalbum and then hooked up with Björn Dahlberg at MRC Studios to record some demos, the demos got him signed immediately. A wide range of musicians was used during the songwriting and recording of Pete's 1st soloalbum, in order to get each and every song just right. When workaholic Pete had some spare time he recorded an album with bassplayer extraordinaire Jonas Reingold , the duo "Sand & Gold" released their critically much acclaimed debutalbum "Remember My Name" in 1997. Kee Marcello made a guestappearance and played some really kicking guitars, an excellent video was shot for the single "Remember My Name".Both Jonas and Pete were involved in other projects, but eventually became very good friends and wanted to start a band that they could put all their energy into. Midnight Sun was originally formed in the summer of 1996, they released their debutalbum "Another World" in 1997. The follow-up "Above & Beyond", featuring guestmusicians John Norum and Hempo Hildén, was released a year later. After the release of their 3rd album "Nemesis" in 1999 Pete felt that it was time to move on and left the band saying: "my departure with Midnight Sun felt natural for me and everyone involved, I wish Midnight Sun all the best because they are truly a great bunch of guys".When Pete started to lay down the first tracks for "Back In Business" he realized that he always had wanted to make soloalbums, "it's a great feeling to know that so many talented musicians wants to work with you, it's a real kick and it pushes me to get better as well!". Pete worked very closely with his good friend Sven Cirnski on his 2nd soloalbum "Push" , that's why he - more or less - came to use the entire band Bad Habit on the album. Videos was shot for the songs "Little Lover" and "Babe".While hanging out in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pete and a friend, Ken Hamer from Pretty Maids, got around to see a band - Jade - who was playing Rainbow, Boston and Whitesnake covers. Pete was totally blown away by the bands competence, he went backstage after the show to complement the guys, later Jade invited Pete to some other gigs and they eventually became friends. Pete asked the band if they wanted to record some songs he had written, they recorded a five-song demo, after a ten-day pre-production, they cut the debutalbum "Pete Sandberg's Jade" in only seven weeks. "This was the first time I produced an album, with Anders "Theo" Theander assisting me, so this was a really big challenge for me, but I'm very satisfied with the result". The follow-up album "Origin" was released 2001.At the end of 2000 Pete received a phonecall from his old recordlabel Virgin, he was asked to co-ordinate the Alien "Live In Stockholm 1990"-album found in the Virgin archives. Pete and Anders "Theo" Theander digitally restored, mixed and mastered the original tape that was recorded at one of the 62 shows that Alien did on the Shiftin' Gear-tour. "It's a true live album with no overdubs, all the highlights and faults are there. I'm very proud to have been part of Alien and Swedish hard rock history".Late 2000 Pete met up with his Swedish recordcompany, Regain Records, and was asked if he wanted to record an album with keyboardwizard Richard Andersson , drummer Peter Wildoer , guitarist Birch and bassplayer Jens Lundahl , Silver Seraph was born! The selftitled debutalbum was released early 2002 and received great reviews, Pete and the guys said that: "the album turned out exactly the way we wanted it to, back to the roots of hard rock".In early 2002 Pete re-united with long time "brother in arms" Jonas Reingold and formed "Opus Atlantica" together with drummer Jaime Salazar and young guitarwizard Johan Reinholdz and recorded the debutalbum "Opus Atlantica".Pete's 3rd soloalbum "Reflections" - which has been described as "a very acoustic album, accompanied by the Copenhagen String Orchestra" - features musicians Jonas Reingold , Johan Glössner , Jaime Salazar , Henrik Hansson , Thomas Nyberg , Rasmus Kilberg , Thomas Pettersson , Niklas Fredin and Ola NordQvist . The talented Almaz Yebio makes a special guest appearance and sings a duet with Pete on the song "Heaven Belongs To You".

Jonas Reingold

Jonas Reingold (born April 22, 1969) is a bass guitar player from Malmö, Sweden. He started to play bass in 1986 when he subbed for a friend in the local famous act WIRE. The band was happy with his performance and offered him the spot. From 1988 until 1994 he studied music and achieved a master's degree of fine arts in 1994.Busy working as a session player between 1994 and 1996 he finally released his debut album as a band leader in 1995, which was called Sweden Bass Orchestra. It was a bass big band consisting of 5 bass players and a drummer. They also had a guest performance by Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen on the disc. Between 1996 and 1999, Reingold was busy recording with various artists and different projects, such as Midnight Sun, Reingold, Sand and Gold and others.Reingold has also been contributed to songwriting for the Swedish metal group The Poodles. He has been credited for one song on each of their album so far (except for Sweet Trade for which he co-wrote three tracks). He has co-written: "Metal Will Stand Tall", "Streets of Fire", "Seven Seas", "Reach the Sky", "I Rule the Night"'' and "Father to a Son" with them. Most of his contributions has become some of the most recognized songs by the band.In 1999 he started to work with The Flower Kings, replacing Michael Stolt who moved on to other things, and is still a permanent member in the group. Right now he is involved with the Kings, Opus Atlantica, Time Requiem, Kaipa and his own band: Karmakanic. Reingold was also a member of the international progressive rock band, The Tangent.Reingold played bass as special guest on the Musea/Colossus release: Dante's Inferno with a Hungarian progressive rock band called Yesterdays. This concept CD was released in December 2008.Reingold also played bass on An Endless Sporadic's self-titled full-length album An Endless Sporadic which was produced by Roine Stolt of The Flower Kings and Transatlantic.

Album:

Swedish singer Pete Sandberg is one of my favorite vocalists, and through his career has lent his talents to ALIEN, MADISON, SNAKE CHARMER, MIDNIGHT SUN as well as solo artist. His vocal dexterity allows him to sing in any style, and always greatly.In the mid-nineties Sandberg meets Jonas Reingold, and the pair eventually became very good friends and wanted to start a band in which to focus their musical appetites: MIDNIGHT SUN.While the group were put together, they decided to record a handful of songs composed long time ago that would have no place into their new band style.The duo cleverly baptized this project "SAND & GOLD" (Pete SANDberg & Jonas ReinGOLD).Indeed, the album entitled "Remember My Name" is far from the edgy hard rock Midnight Sun was preparing, instead you find here lots of acoustic guitars mixed with electric, many Wurlitzer keyboards, relaxed drumming / percussion and where, of course, Sandberg's voice is 'the big star' on the record.These are songs with great melody and emotion in a typical Scandinavian style, think BAD HABIT unplugged or why not, EUROPE. There's also some American mid-western influences too.Though "Remember My Name" was almost entirely recorded by themselves, some friends contribute with their talents: Kee Marcello (EUROPE), with a cool electric guitar solo on track 11, Johan Glossner (GRAND ILLUSION) on guitars, and excelent session drummer Rasmus Kihlberg (LA Project feat Bill Champlin, PETER FRIESTEDT, and more)."Remember My Name" is a very, very good album, solid and organic. It's a melodic collection of songs performed from the heart with an excellent production. Released by a small Danish label back in the day, it has become a really hard to find piece.Delicious.

Line Up:

Pete Sandberg - Lead and Backing Vocals (Ex-ALIEN, MADISON, SNAKE CHARMER, MIDNIGHT SUN, JADE, SILVER SERAPH, OPUS ATLANTICA, VON ROSEN)
Jonas Reingold - Electric Bass, Contrabass, Keyboards, Programming, Backing Vocals

Additional musicians:

Kee Marcello - Slide (Track 3), Guitar Solo (Track 11)
Johan Glossner - Guitar
Rasmus Khilberg - Drums
Tomas Pettersson - Organ, Piano, Keyboards, Wurlitzer
Inger Ohlén, Tomas Nyberg - Backing Vocals
Produced and arranged by Jonas Reingold

Tracklist:

01. Sha Na Na
02. Remember My Name
03. Fishermans Creek
04. When the Hammer Falls
05. The Place
06. Brooklyn Town
07. Never Walk Alone
08. Patricia
09. Back on the Road
10. Searching
11. Slow it Down
12. Crossroads

+ Video "Remember My Name" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1997 / NEWS 1997"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných