Total Stranger - Total Stranger (Japan Edition) (1997)

hudební novinky 1997 / music news 1997
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 22 Dec 2020, 20:16

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1997 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 103 mb

Bio:

AOR from Canada is always of our interest, the band Total Stranger is certainly no exception. To find out some more about them I called founder and leadvocalist Al Langlade.Since the album they have out now is called only Total Stranger I thought that it was their very first, but I was wrong."We've done some other independent releases over here in Canada, but they have never been distributed. We did them our-selves and sold them off stage when we played."When we talk I get the feeling that he doesn't want to talk too much about the previous albums."There are some good tracks on the previous albums but as a whole I would be, not embarrassed, but we hadn't quite developed our sound back then. We were a little more progressive back then, we're kind of influenced by bands like Rush and Yes."Anyway the band Total Stranger goes back to around 1985. But since then there's been all different members except for the leadsinger Al Langlade."I guess basically about 5 years ago when the guitar player Andre Pelletier came on board that's when we started getting fairly serious about the writing and that stuff because we've always been a cover band before."They also found a keyboard player in Jim Flynn. Before they found him Al used to handle all the keyboard playing, even on stage."For the liveshow it wasn't looking good having the singer stuck behind the keyboard so we were very fortunate to get Jim. And on the next album, which we're recording right now, he's got a couple of songs."One of the new tunes on their next album is called "To The City"."I think when you hear that song you're gonna say who the heck is this band. I'm using some different recording techniques, vocally for sure."For a moment I think it's gonna be something really strange but Al explains to me that it is a really melodic, hooky and catchy kind of thing but with a little different sound.As you've noticed we have no picture of them and the album doesn't contain one either."We're not bad looking guys, it's just that we thought that we'd hype this Total Stranger concept. We're actually thinking for the next album cover to do a picture of us but with missing pieces and as we do the next album we fill in a few more pieces.

Album:

This debut from the Canadian band is loaded with monster, hook filled rockers and chock full of keys....Their sound is a cool melodic hard rock in the style of HAREM SCAREM, VON GROOVE's debut, WALL OF SILENCE and CONEY HATCH.Great AOR album with killer tracks all over!!!..highly recommendable for AOR lovers.Great job of Langlade on vocals that reminded me a bit of Michael Bormann/Paul Laine. strong/awesome Choruses and Catchy Tunes, great Melodic.Al Langlade gives the album a special touch with his voice (typical yet amazing for AOR songs)..."Paradise" is superb!,"Bed Of Lies" is a highlight,"Can't Stop" another highlight,this one with good choruses,"Yesterday" is a beautiful ballad,"Guardian" is one of the best(at least 4 me),"Big Dream" is a nice one & "Shoulder To Cry On" is the other best one as for my taste goes...

Line-Up:

Al Langlade - Lead Vocals, Acoustic 12/6 String Guitar, Keys
Andre Pelletier - Lead Guitar, Acoustic 12/6 String Guitar And Backing Vocals
Rolly Saulnier - Fretted, Frettless Bass And Backing Vocals
Peter Martin - Drums And Percussion
Jamie Flynn - Keys, Electric, Acoustic Guitar And Backing Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Paradise
02. Bed Of Lies
03. Shy Away
04. Can't Stop
05. Yesterday
06. Guardian
07. Can't Win For Loosin'
08. Nothin's Missin'
09. The Mask
10. Big Dream
11. Shoulder To Cry On
12. To The City (Japan Bonus Track)
13. Paradise (Acoustic Version) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1997 / NEWS 1997"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní