Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1997 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 139 mb

Bio:

Not to be confused with Ken Tamplin's Christian metal band of the same name, this lot came from the other side of the continent - Boston, and were formed around vocalist John Levesque. The band released an LP called 'Finger On The Trigger' which came out in 1987 on their own label Shout Enterprises. Many years later, the LP would receive a 10/10 review by AOR Classics magazine, which prompted many to go on a hunt for it. This must have 'triggered' the attention of the folks at Escape Music, because in 1997 the label released a CD by the band, strangely titled 'Shout' and containing some of the songs found on 'FOTT'. I think this is pretty reasonable hair-metal with a good grasp of the basics. Soundwise, they mix it up, with Gravedanger at one end of their musical spectrum, Sic Vikki in the middle with Kiss bringing up the rear, as is their usual night-time position.. lol! But generally,there are many influences here. You pick 'em! The album was produced by 38 Special staffie Tom Soares and the band's drummer Drew Derrante.

Album:

The opening duo of 'Breakin' All The Rules' and 'Love Is A Drug' sets the scene admirably, the latter is a mix of Icon and Keel. There are some nice moves on 'No More Lies' that takes on the appearance of Leatherwolf on heat! Changing pace is the ballad 'If It's Love', with big chant-along choruses, while II 'Madness' is a big pumping and bass-pulsed effort. The lyrics include the phrase 'finger on the trigger'..I am wondering where this fits in to the overall scheme of things.. Hmm. Elsewhere, my favourite tracks include 'Heartbeat', which is a huge 80's era Kiss soundalike, with big choruses and (I can imagine) big hair to boot. Then there's the hair-metal splendour of 'Bad Girls', plus the excellent 'Tonite Your Mine' which is so 80's! This 1997 CD is a retrospective effort undoubtedly, the band stuck in an 80's groove as if it were Groundhog Day! Of course, Levesque would go on to form Wild Horses (the American version) with two members of Kingdom Come in James Kottak and Rick Stier, though they would only last for one album.. 1991's 'Bareback'. Levesque would go on to join Legs Diamond, and would sing on their 2005 'Diamonds Are Forever'. Vinyl completists might be better advised to seek out the original vinyl LP of 'Finger On The Trigger' for posterity's sake, or if you really feel up to it, contact Sam at Retrospect Records and see what he can do.. The blueprint for this group's sound & style is straight out of the late 80s, with cranking guitars, crunchy hooks, loud choruses, and lots of backing vocals, meaning it will appeal to fans of Sik Vikki, Silent Rage, Trouble Tribe, and bands of that ilk. Definitely check out the songs "Love Is a Drug", Stuck In The Middle", "Heartbeat", "Bad Girls" and "Tonight You're Mine". Yep, this one's worth shouting about!

Line-Up:

John Levesque - Vocals (Ex-Legs Diamond, Ex-Wild Horses)
Brian Maher - Guitars
Tommy Plevin - Guitars
Mark Normand - Bass
Drew Ferrante - Drums

Additional Musicians:

George Roelke - Bass
Steve Dionne - Guitars On Tracks # 5 & 9
Scott Luedke - Guitars
Meg Lyons - Backing Vocals
Randy Jordan - Keyboards On Tracks # 2 & 5
Steve Hunt - Piano On Track # 5

Produced by Tom Soares & Drew Ferrante

Tracklist:

01. Breakin' All the Rules 4:51
02. Love Is a Drug 4:05
03. No More Lies 3:41
04. Stuck in the Middle 4:30
05. If It's Love 5:25
06. Rip It Out 4:17
07. Heartbeat 4:37
08. Rockin' in Stride 3:33
09. Bad Girls 3:33
10. Madness 4:03
11. Tonite You're Mine 4:17
12. Lady Ice 3:47
13. The Riddle Song 3:23
14. Boys In Action (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1997 / NEWS 1997"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných