Desperado - Bloodied, But Unbowed (1996)

hudební novinky 1996 / music news 1996
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Jan 2023, 11:01

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1996
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 147 mb

Bio:

Desperado was a band formed by then former Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider. For this band, Dee recruited former Iron Maiden drummer, the late and great Clive Burr, guitar legend (and Randy Rhoads predecessor) Bernie Torme, and bassist Marc Russell to create something that was so unlike anything he had ever done with Twisted Sister. Desperado boasted a very rootsy, bluesy, and much more organic sound than what I would have ever imagined, but somehow, a band featuring Dee Snider, Bernie Torme, and Clive Burr never became huge. It's not clearly known how this band didn’t take off.After forming in 1988, word of Desperado seemed to be everywhere and offered some promise of being something really exciting. Just the fact that Dee Snider and Clive Burr were in a band together was awesome but to add Bernie Torme to the mix should have been enough to propel Desperado to the outer stratosphere. The band had a full album to be titled “Bloodied, but Unbowed” all set to be released in May of 1990 and all of the sudden… nothing. Years later it would disclosed that the record label pulled the plug at the very last minute, shelved the album, and then dropped the band while keeping the rights to the songs and the name. Desperado disbanded and that was the end.Several of the songs from Bloodied, But Unbowed found their way onto other Dee Snider works in Widowmaker and his solo album from 2000, but it is here they are available in their rawest and truest form.

Album:

Bloodied, but Unbowed is the debut album by the American band Desperado. It was released by Destroyer Records in 1996.Re-titled Ace, it was re-issued in 2006 by Angel Air Records in the UK (including extensive sleeve notes by Record Collector magazine's Joe Geesin, featuring interviews by Bernie Tormé and Dee Snider) and Deadline Records in the U.S. with the songs "Easy Action" and "Heart of Saturday Night" cut from the track listing. Argentina's Del Imaginario Discos also released the album in 2007."Gone Bad", "Calling for You", "Emaheevol", and "Easy Action" were re-recorded by Snider's next band, Widowmaker, for their 1992 debut album, Blood and Bullets.Desperado was a band formed by former Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider. For this band, Dee recruited former Iron Maiden drummer Clive Burr, guitar great (and Randy Rhoads predecessor) Bernie Torme, and bassist Marc Russell to create something that was so unlike anything he had ever done with Twisted Sister. Desperado boasted a very rootsy, bluesy, and much more organic sound than what I would have ever imagined. How in the living fuck could a band featuring Dee Snider, Bernie Torme, and Clive Burr not be fucking huge? Ya know? I will really never understand for the life of me how this band didn’t take off.After forming in 1988, word of Desperado seemed to be everywhere and offered some promise of being something really exciting. I mean, just the fact that Dee Snider and Clive Burr were in a band together was awesome but to hear that Bernie Torme was in it as well had me dying to hear what it would sound like. The band had a full album to be titled “Bloodied, but Unbowed” all set to be released in May of 1990 and all of the sudden… nothing. Being that this was pre-internet, one couldn’t just Google to find out what the fuck was going on so instead, we just had to be with it. Years later I would learn that what had happened was that the record label pulled the plug at the very last minute, shelved the album, and then dropped the band while keeping the rights to the songs and the name. Desperado disbanded and that was the end.The album was heavily bootlegged and officially released in 1996 via Destroyer Records and then released in a condensed version in 2006 and titled “Ace.” When I finally got my mits on this gem, I was truly blown away by this album. The album is made up of a collection of roots oriented hard rock that is very reminiscent of the style of music played by bands like Tesla and Cinderella. The songs all have this kind of cowboy/western theme with titles like “Hang ‘em High”, “The Maverick”, and “Son of a Gun.” The highlight of this album for me was “See You at Sunrise” which featured some really tasty jamming featuring some amazing guitar work from Bernie Torme. “There’s No Angels Here” is a fucking fantastic song and very well could have been a hit for these guys.After really listening to this album I just cannot understand why Elektra would scrap this record. “Bloodied, but Unbowed” is a really cohesive and stellar album that deserves to be remembered as one of hard rock/metal’s greatest lost treasures. Desperado sounds so tight and so connected with each other. There’s a lot of feel and emotion behind the playing that I could feel just listening to this album. Desperado sounds like a band of guys that were born to play together. You can hear and feel the connection these guys had with each other. Yeah, it wasn’t the most original stuff and they weren’t trying to re-invent the wheel but Desperado was a great band that was never given the chance. The songs on this album are every bit as good if not better than anything their peers at the time were producing. I’m just thankful that this album eventually found its way to the surface. “Bloodied, but Unbowed” is just too good to stay buried.

Line-Up:

Dee Snider – Vocals - See also: Dee Snider, Twisted Sister, ex-Desperado, ex-Widowmaker, ex-Van Helsing's Curse, ex-Brighton Rock, ex-Harlequin, ex-Heathen, ex-Peacock
Bernie Tormé - Guitars - (R.I.P. 2019) See also: ex-Ozzy Osbourne, ex-G.M.T, ex-Gillan, ex-Mammoth (Gbr), ex-Scrapyard, ex-Silver, ex-The Split Knee Loons, ex-The Urge, ex-Tormé, ex-Atomic Rooster (live)
Marc Russell – Bass - See also: ex-Widowmaker
Clive Burr – Drums - (R.I.P. 2013) See also: ex-Elixir, ex-Iron Maiden, ex-Trust, ex-Desperado, ex-Samson, ex-Alcatrazz, ex-Clive Burr's Escape, ex-Praying Mantis, ex-Stratus, ex-True Brits

Tracklist:

01. Hang 'Em High 4:51
02. Gone Bad 3:44
03. The Maverick 5:06
04. The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter 7:11
05. Calling For You 4:54
06. See You At Sunrise 5:53
07. There's No Angels Here 4:54
08. Made For Trouble 3:45
09. Ride Thru The Storm 4:30
10. Son Of A Gun 5:34
11. Emaheeval 4:25
12. Easy Action 3:52
13. Heart Of Saturday Night 3:53

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1996 / NEWS 1996"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných