Bitch - The Bitch Is Back (1987) (Metal Blade Records Edition 1996)

hudební novinky 1996 / music news 1996
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Apr 2021, 10:25

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1987 (Metal Blade Records Edition 1996)
Style : Heavy Metal , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

BITCH... their name synonymous with the 80’s metal scene. They were one of Metal Blade’s first signed in 1982, with Damnation Alley. Albums like Be My Slave (’83) and The Bitch is Back (’87) were a staple in any metal head’s collection. Bitch was also regularly seen during the PMRC era, televised worldwide, their album held front and center, in Tipper Gore’s clutch, on talk shows and televised congressional hearings, inadvertently showcasing them in front of the world... Amused, the band only took advantage the free press. Back then, if you were in the scene then, you knew their name. Today, the Bitch is back, indeed. Had a great time catching them play out recently, complete with studded leather, whips, riding crops and hand cuffs. Their music was, and still is, packed with feisty, raucous lyrics with plenty of hooks and snarls. Today Bitch is István and Jay Dean on guitars, Steve Gaines on bass, Bitch’s original drummer, Robby Settles and... on vocals and whip, the lovely Miss Betsy Bitch. On this January evening, Betsy’s good friend and muse Christopher Patrick Drury charmingly chatted them up before introducing... Ms. Betsy and... B-I-T-C-H! With a Pussycat Doll swagger and whip in hand, she appropriately opened up with Elton John’s The Bitch Is Back. They seamlessly launched into the Bitch classic, Be My Slave. Time to get back to your heavy metal roots with this timeless hard-hitter. The room reciprocated the love. Drums were heavy and hard-hitting, as they should be, along with an intense bass line, hitting the bottom end to this classic slammer. Guitars carried grinding riffs and infectious melodies. They went on to play the screamy-loud Riding In Thunder, where you immediately understood why she’s thought to be related to Rob Halford. Betsy Bitch wields an impressive talent, yet she still is able to hold herself back where need be. A great swing beat on this tune, reminiscent of UFO’s Doctor, Doctor. Next up, Leatherbound. She really is great fun to watch. Much like being at a Kix concert, Betsy is the theatrics of the show, emulating her hero, Alice Cooper. She gets sweaty by the middle of the set. Her skin glistens, her hair gets wet and little droplets of sweat stream down her washboard abs. I think that Betsy sweat may be pure sex serum. If you were to drink it, you’d probably have superpowers... This time around, Betsy is more polished and genuine than could ever be expected for anyone who has spent a large piece their life imbedded in rock ‘n roll. Not content to coast on her leather coattails, she’s neither disillusioned nor lazy, nor is she a diva. She doesn’t reinvent the wheel, she just keeps pedaling. Save You From The World was next, with both guitars ripping out some Ozzy-like riffs…they closed this evening’s set with Live For The Whip that epitomized the band perfectly…Betsy sweetly acknowledged her Mom who was in the audience, right before she belted out the infamous Skull Crusher! A superior show all the way around. Chatting with Betsy about her band, she shared some classic Bitch moments. “What was the biggest show the band has played?” “We played with Metallica,” she informed me, “they opened up for us in San Francisco in the early 80’s. W.A.S.P., Slayer, Armored Saint and believe it or not, the guys from the film “Spinal Tap”, got together to play a show at this place in West LA called the Music Machine, and we opened up for them. Ironically enough, the biggest show we ever played was just a couple of years ago in Germany called the “Bang Your Head Festival”. The promoters flew us out there, all expenses paid, all accommodations, our own driver. They treated us like royalty. We played at the two-day festival for about 15,000 adoring fans from all over the world, along with such bands as Twisted Sister, Dio, Y&T, Udo, Thin Lizzy, Angel, Witch and Dokken. European Bitch fans are the most enthusiastic crowd. To them, it’s not just a fad, it’s a way of life, musically speaking.” “Tell me a great road story”, I egged her on, knowing she must have a ton of them . “Well…we once played in club in Fresno with band called London. (Nadir D’Priest, TimYasui, Lizzy Grey). It was not only a rock joint, but it was also a bait and tackle store! We shared the dressing room with a little stream that literally ran around the perimeter of room, filled with live minnows! There were shelves lined with mason jars that were filled with dead worms. Oh, it was also December, and they were selling Christmas trees in the parking lot! Something for everyone, I guess?! Another time, we played a military base in El Toro with Rough Cutt (Paul Shortino’s band). It was their annual “At-Ease Weekend” and I think the Marines expected a Holiday Inn-type cover band to play, you know, something they could dance with their dates to. Instead we come out, with the whips and the chains, singing S&M themed songs, with me in my teddy, garter belt and thigh-high leather boots! They were in complete shock! Mind you, as I talk with Betsy at the club, a male fan is falling all over himself to speak to her and take a video clip of himself with her, in doing so, horribly blowing off his date. “Do you get a lot of this?” I had to laugh. She just shrugged and took a swig of champagne. “So what is happening with Bitch now?” I went on to ask. (With so many resurrected rock bands are coming out, how could they not jump on board?) “We’ve recently played several local venues to favorable reviews. We plan on releasing a four or five song EP later on this year, featuring all new material! It’ll still be rock-hard but with an emphasis on melody and songs. While she talked I couldn’t help think how revitalizing it was to see a band not tributing, but instead being themselves. I asked her about her roots and why she got into metal in the first place. “What I like the most about hard rock/metal, is it’s the most dramatic and flashiest form of rock, in my opinion, as a performer, and not just a singer... it really gives me a chance to spread my wings on stage and implement my character “Betsy Bitch” into the music. So go see and submit to Bitch! They’ll make your jaw drop - and stick a rubber ball in it! Watch for the new Bitch EP later this year, check their website too, it’s smokin’

Album:

The Bitch Is Back is a studio album by L.A. heavy metal band Bitch, released in 1987 on Metal Blade Records.It gets its name from the cover version of the Elton John song "The Bitch Is Back". Allmusic's Alex Henderson gave the records 4.5 stars, calling it a reminder of "how brutally fun real metal can be".Back, and Rocking with bitchin intensity, and an ultra hot Betsy Bitch nude on the cover, this odd lesser known metal band from LA really did deliver a pretty damn decent album. Now, this certainly isn't the best album of 1987, released that year we saw albums from Armored Saint, Motley Crue, Dokken, Lizzy Borden, and Malice,... and thats just other bands from LA. So its not hard to see why this album was forgotten fast. Still though, this really is a good album, falling some what short of any real greatness, but still rocking hard, and brandishing a feel from its time. One down side to the band as a whole though is that the bands image is so total kickass 80's metal that the sound kinda lets you down when you hear 'em, but I mean thats only because with a name like Bitch, and a live act centering upon S&M fetish type stuff, and other forms of deviant entertainment its pretty damn difficult to live up to your hype (although has been done!), also I've read the same else where, so I'm not alone in this assumption. And in being such this album was a decent release, bordering on the upper echelon of mediocrity, but for the most part: silently forgotten.As for the music, its more or less of what you'd expect from a trashy thrashy rock band, with this album imparticularly holding more of a Hard Rock feel then their previous efforts (even a fucking Elton John cover?...though, they do a decent cover of it.) This album is pretty straight forward, all the songs being fast paced rythms, and such, not any real breakdowns (I can think of?). Head Banger is a stand out track (as well as Skull Crusher, and Me And The Boys), but only because its truly a lost glam metal classic (well maybe). With laughable lyrics, it really carries that ultra cheesy, super catchy 80's feel (not as good as the Plasmatics song entitled "Headbanger" though) which to my peculiar taste is just fine by me. I'd say this album has its perks, and the band is definitely a competent group, Betsy's voice is pretty kick ass too, reminding me at points of Pat Benatar (with out the highs), or something similar, so yeah, there definitely is something to hear here, its just don't expect too much.In addition to the perks theres also the fact that live this may be a perfect set, but on cd it grows old kinda fast unless you really get into. The lyrics are a bit dull in parts, and the guitars do a great job at holding a solid feel, but I'm sure some people would find them a bit trifle, and generic...I don't really. I find this album to be a nice novelty of sorts, because even though they weren't the greatest band out there in their day, they still hold an important part in Metal history, lesser as it may be, but still important. I've read that Slayer's first gig was opening for them, and that they've shared stages with the likes of WASP, Armored Saint, Steeler, etc. so certainly they had a fan base, and put on memorable shows, but unfortunately for us who missed seeing Betsy Bitch's tities bobbing up and down, while guitars are wailing, and shes whiping audience members its not possible to put that on a cd (which surely would have garnered this a much, much higher score, hey you gotta give credit to bands who truely put on a show).Classic (?),... sure, essential (?),...definitely not. As for the bands discography get "Be My Slave", its much better, although from what I've heard this is better than "A Rose By Any Other Name". If you find this cheap on LP, pick it up.

Line Up:

Betsy Bitch - Vocals - See also: Witch, ex-Boxboys, ex-Sister Strange
David Carruth - Guitars, Vocals (backing)
Ron Cordy - Bass, Vocals (backing)
Robby Settles - Drums, Vocals (backing) (R.I.P. 2010)

Additional musicians:

Mick Adrian - additional background vocals
Joe Romersa - keyboards on "Storm Raging Up", "Hot and Heavy", and "Skullcrusher", additional backing vocals
Stanley 'Dad of a Bitch' Weiss - saxophone on "The Bitch Is Back"

Production:

Joe Romersa - producer
Bill Metoyer - engineer
Kevin Beauchamp, Scott Campbell, Kevin Paulakovich - assistant engineers
John Scarpati - Photography (Front and Back Cover)

Tracklist:

01. Do You Wanna Rock 03:44
02. Hot & Heavy 04:25
03. Me and the Boys 03:28
04. Storm Raging Up 05:58
05. The Bitch Is Back (Elton John cover) 03:13
06. Headbanger 03:28
07. Fist to Face 04:15
08. Turns Me On 04:10
09. Skullcrusher 04:07

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1996 / NEWS 1996"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný