Bon Jovi - Tokyo Road - Best Of Bon Jovi (2CD) (Japan Edition) (2001)

hudební novinky 2001 / music news 2001
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Feb 2024, 07:05

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 236 mb

Bio:

Bon Jovi is an American rock band from Sayreville, New Jersey. Formed in 1983, Bon Jovi consists of lead singer and namesake Jon Bon Jovi (John Francis Bongiovi, Jr.), guitarist Phil X, bassist Hugh McDonald, keyboardist David Bryan, and drummer Tico Torres.The band's lineup has remained mostly static during its history, the only exception being the 1994 dismissal of bass player Alec John Such. In 1986, Bon Jovi achieved widespread global recognition with their third album, Slippery When Wet. The band's fourth album, New Jersey was equally successful in 1988, and between 1986—1995, Bon Jovi had 13 U.S. Top 40 hits, including four number-one songs on the Billboard Hot 100: "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Livin' on a Prayer", "Bad Medicine", and "I'll Be There for You".Other Top 10 record chart hits included "Wanted Dead or Alive", "Born to Be My Baby", "Lay Your Hands on Me", "Bed of Roses" and "Always". The success of Bon Jovi's 2000 single, "It's My Life", helped introduce them to a younger audience, as has the use of different styles in their music, such as the appearance of country in 2007's Lost Highway. Lost Highway debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, as did 2009's The Circle. On March 12, 2013, Bon Jovi released their 12th studio album, What About Now.Thus far, Bon Jovi has released 12 studio albums, plus three compilations and two live albums. They are one of the world’s best-selling bands of all time, having sold more than 130 million records worldwide,[4] and performed more than 2,700 concerts in over 50 countries for more than 34 million fans. Bon Jovi was inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2006.The band was also honored with the Award of Merit at the American Music Awards in 2004,and as songwriters and collaborators, Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora were inducted into Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2009.In January 2012, Jon Bon Jovi stated that they were working on a twelfth studio album,[36] and in a live show in August 2012, Jon Bon Jovi played an acoustic version of a song that was announced to be on the upcoming album.In October 2012, Bon Jovi announced Because We Can, a new world tour for 2013, in support of their new album, What About Now, which was released on March 12, 2013. The tour will start in February and will visit North America, Europe, Africa, the Far East, Australia and Latin America.On November 27, 2012, Bon Jovi released a new live video album, called Inside Out, made up of content from shows at the O2 Arena, MetLife Stadium, and Madison Square Garden. The album was first shown at movie theaters, with screenings preceded by a question-and-answer session with Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, David Bryan and Tico Torres streamed live from a theater in New York, and was subsequently made available for purchase on iTunes.On March 14, 2013, Bon Jovi appeared on the results show of American Idol and played one song, Because We Can, from their new album What About Now.

Album:

With BON JOVI’s return and their 2000’s ‘Crush’ album, the band was literally crushing it. The CD was selling great and their worldwide tour was a smash hit selling out and reaching over 1 million people around the globe. In May of 2001, they released a live album with a collection of live songs from throughout the years to help capitalize on the new found success again.But before that, BON JOVI released a Greatest Hits package on March 28, 2001. The album was called ‘Tokyo Road: Best of Bon Jovi’ and it was released exclusively in Japan. The album features a remixed version of “One Wild Night” originally released on the Crush album; the new version ‘One Wild Night 2001’ was released as a single (co-produced by Desmond Child) as well.“Tokyo Road: Best of Bon Jovi” also included the song ‘Tokyo Road’, a hit in Japan. And while there’s all hits you can find elsewhere, the compilation includes ‘inside tracks’ that were more popular in Japan than in America / Europe.This initial, first release of “Tokyo Road: Best of Bon Jovi” (OBI says ‘Export Prohibited’) includes an extra disc, a 3” CD featuring rare live versions – the track ‘Tokyo Road Live’, and live takes from Jon Bon Jovi Solo Tour, and Richie Sambora Solo Tour.On the ‘Crush’ album, ‘One Wild Night’ originally had a cartoon tune opening, but that was removed and the song just starts with some weird sounding guitar licks from Sambora. The song is anthem and if you had heard this live your hands would be high in the airing, pumping along with the beat. The song is throwback to the early rock legends of the 60’s. They really changed up the sound and tone with this one all thought the heart of the song is still there.Up next is the first single off the ‘New Jersey’ album which was ‘Bad Medicine’. The song was released on September 3, 1988 and went all the way to #1 and was the band’s third #1 single. The title and chorus for “Bad Medicine” came to Richie Sambora when the band was filming a commercial in Japan and Jon Bon Jovi said to hold on to that thought and they would do something with it and after many re-writes with the help of Desmond Child, “Bad Medicine” was complete.Then sit back and hold on for one of the band’s biggest songs ever and it was from the ‘Slippery When Wet’ album. It opens with a wicked bass line, finger cymbals and a talk-box. But that wasn’t all that was great about it, it is the story of Tommy & Gina in “Livin’ on a Prayer” that makes this such a great song. The song is loosely based on Desmond and his girl-friend as she worked in a Diner, but he was a taxi driver and not working at the docks. It was that Blue Collar feel to the song that made it resonate with so many people.It was a time when Bon Jovi actually wrote songs that told a story that connected with people and not try to write just to make a hit. The funny thing about this one is that Jon didn’t like it, but Richie was able to convince Jon that this was a hit and it should be on the album. Thankfully for the band, it was as it went to #1 as well. Hugh McDonald who is currently the bass player for Bon Jovi in 2023, was the bass player on this song back in 1986.“You Give Love a Bad Name” was originally written for Bonnie Tyler and called “If You Were a Woman (and I Was a Man)”, but the song did nothing so Desmond Child re-wrote it for Bon Jovi and the rest is history. The song went to #1 and the beginning of the rise to super stardom had begun. The song checks all the boxes, big chorus, epic guitar solo, killer bass line, pounding drum fills and pure intensity. It will have you singing along instantly as the song feels familiar and exciting. You can’t get it out of your head.“Keep the Faith”, from the album of the same name, opens with a killer bass line then Tico’s drum beat settles in driving the groove. The song is uplifting and almost happy without being cheesy. It drives forward like a marching army and I think actually outdoes the opening track for inspiration. The guitar solo on this one outdoes the opener as well and sees Richie slay with those fingers. The funky groove, the aggressive vocals from Jon gives us a solid rocker.The ‘Crush’ album opens with the first single “It’s My Life” and the song is huge. It is a pure rock anthem with hooks for days, great guitar riffs and Richie on the Talk Box. Hell, they even name check Tommy and Gina from “Livin’ On A Prayer”. The song went to #33 on the Top 40 charts and no one expected Bon Jovi to explode back on the scene. Even MTV played their video over and over again. It introduced Bon Jovi to an entirely new generation and took and 80s band and brought them in to the 21st Century all thanks to Luke Ebbin and Max Martin who co-wrote the track with Jon and Richie. The song was exciting and really made me run out and buy this album. Whatever they were going for, it worked.Up next is “Blood On Blood” from ‘New Jersey’ and thought the song was never released as a single it was very popular in Japan. The song was based on the movie “Stand By Me”. Jon was so inspired by that movie, he got with Richie Sambora and Desmond Child and they crafted this gem. The story is about three childhood friends, though not related, they were like brothers to each other.“Something for the Pain” is up next from the ‘These Days’ album and it is more like classic Bon Jovi. There is an Eastern influence to the guitar sound at the opening, but Richie’s guitar turns more bluesy. Another little more serious song lyrically wrapped in a more upbeat song that makes it feel happier. The single reached #2 in the U.K. proving more that at the time they were bigger overseas than in the States.“Born to be My Baby” was the second single off New Jersey and did pretty dang great going all the way to #3 on the Billboard Top 100. It was another track written by Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora and of course, Desmond Child. There is no denying his impact with the band. The theme on the song is very familiar to you as Bon Jovi have used it before on “Living on a Prayer”. A keyboard heavy track and a bunch of na-na-na’s in the opening. It is an upbeat rocker that was really written as an acoustic track but Bruce Fairbairn talked them in to making it more of a rocker. It did go to #3, but Jon thinks it would’ve gone to #1 as an acoustic song. He might not be wrong. It does have a great Richie Sambora solo as he did so many great ones during this time. Jon sings with so much emotion and you could really feel the lyrics as a result. The song is classic sounding Bon Jovi.“Tokyo Road” from ‘7800 Farenheit’ is up next and the song that inspired the title which is appropriate since this a Japanese only release. This is the song I latched on to first from this album as it instantly grabbed hold of me with the Japanese stylings of the music box sound and the Japanese girl singing… I was like what is going on! Then the song detonates in to a wall of sound. There are great riffs and little talk box and a whole lot of rocking good times. That riff right before the chorus was huge and when you heard it you were ready to singalong.‘These Days’ album opens with one of the heavier songs on the album, ‘Hey God’, and in the same epic way they open all their albums. The song was inspired by Jon looking out a window at 57 St. & Broadway and seeing a guy in an expensive suit standing next to a guy sleeping on the street. Richie was inspired by the song while looking out of his limo and seeing a homeless guy sleeping in a cardboard box. Who knows which is right or they both are. The song questions if God has forgotten about the world as all the good shit is gone and there nothing but bad. It is a darker tone, darker lyrics and sees the band questioning the world. A total ballbuster of a song.“Just Older”, from ‘Crush’, is a rousing, rocking song that is pure fun. It talks about how they might have aged but they aren’t old, just getting a little older. Tico’s drum work on this one is some of my favorite as his fills are perfect. The chorus on this one is one of the catchiest on the album and might be my favorite song on the album. And Richie slays another solo as Tico pounds away behind him. Damn, this one is great. I love how it slows back down at the end with David playing piano and Jon gets all soft and thoughtful and then BAM! It explodes again. Just fantastic. This should’ve been a single.Then with “I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead” from ‘Keep the Faith’, we get back to the old Bon Jovi sound as this album stretched the band’s style. They have a little fun with this one with its old school rock style. It even has some honky tonk piano to lift you up. They prove the old Bon Jovi is still hidden underneath and they haven’t abandoned it. It’s catchy with a simple driving drum beat and a full on party.The opening track to the debut album, ‘Runaway’, was actually recorded in 1982, but the real traction came when it was re-released as the opening single to their debut album where it hit #39 on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts. The song kicks off with such a killer keyboard riff and then these explosive drum hits with a guitar scratch down the strings and then it was off to the races. The tune feels huge and that chorus is nothing short of inspiration. So catchy, so infectious… simply put it is perfection. It has this rebellious energy that was so exciting and that guitar solo by Tim Pierce was lethal… it just cut right through you. An utterly classic Bon Jovi song.The ‘Slippery When Wet’ album closes out as huge as it opened with “Wild in the Streets”. The energy level is ramped up to 11 and that simple beat and groove feels like old time rock & roll especially when Richie drops that solo. David’s keyboards accentuate Tico’s drums and Alec’s bass. Jon screams out the lyrics with a passion and vigor that only grows louder in the chorus. A good time had by all with this one.Bon Jovi goes a little epic in “Next 100 Years”, the fifth song from ‘Crush’ and final track here, as the band goes on for over 6 minutes. With a slow build in to some weird effects and crunchy guitars to Jon singing with some great backing vocals by Richie. When the chorus kicks in the band is off and running. A classic love story and the band even has a “Hey Jude” moment before the instrumentation kicks in with a lot of “na-na-na-na’s”. But the winner of this song is the long coda of playing and some great Richie guitar moments throughout. His guitar playing is some of his best on the album and the string arrangements are just the right touch. A great song.The 3″ Mini CD is a collectible - Kicks off with a live version of “Tokyo Road”. ‘Tokyo Road (Live)’ was released as a promo single in Japan to promote this compilation album. It started off with the same Japanese girl and music box and then the band rocks it out perfectly. The song was recorded way back in 1985 in Tokyo and I can believe that as Jon’s voice is so young sounding.Next is “Not Fade Away” Live from London 1997 from Jon’s Solo Tour which is a cover of a Bruce Springsteen song. He does a faithful rendition. It is cool they picked a solo song to throw on here and it is a good one.Then we get a live version of “Next 100 Years” which was recorded in Canada in 2000. The song is better in the studio version, but it still sounds good. I get less of a Beatles vibe from it and it seems slower which is all okay. If I picked a least favorite of the 4 tracks this would it.Now, they picked a Jon solo song so they should and we get ‘Father Time Live’ from Richie’s solo tour from San Diego 1991. Richie jokes around about being lead singer shit makes you hot and sweaty. It is full of lush keyboards and of course Richie’s dreamy guitar work. And Richie’s vocals are great even with added echo. It all comes across just amazingly and they do great job interpreting this song live. Love it.As far as Greatest Hits albums go, “Tokyo Road: Best of Bon Jovi” is really good. Yes, there are 4 tracks from the new album, but I get it as they were promoting the record. I would’ve taken another song from either of the first two albums or the last two before ‘Crush’ – there is no ‘Wanted Dead or Alive’… You’ve got to have that song. Seriously. But it is still solid, and a Japan-only release.This is a good one to pick up, especially this one with the 3” Mini Disc as a bonus as the 4 song live set is really good and to have two solo song from from Jon and Richie is even cooler.

Line Up:

Jon Bon Jovi – vocals, guitar
Richie Sambora – guitar, vocals
Alec John Such – bass, vocals
Tico Torres – drums, percussion

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. One Wild Night 2001
02. Bad Medicine
03. Livin’ On A Prayer
04. You Give Love A Bad Name
05. Keep The Faith
06. It’s My Life
07. Blood On Blood
08. Something For The Pain
09. Born To Be My Baby
10. Tokyo Road
11. Hey God
12. Just Order
13. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead
14. Runaway
15. Wild In The Streets
16. Next 100 Years

CD2: 3” Bonus CD:

01. Tokyo Road (Live Version)
02. Not Fade Away (Live Version-From Jon Bon Jovi Solo Tour)
03. Next 100 Years(Live Version)
04. Father Time (Live Version-From Richie Sambora Solo Tour)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2001 / NEWS 2001"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 26 neregistrovaných