Lost Horizon - Awakening The World (2001)

hudební novinky 2001 / music news 2001
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Sep 2023, 06:57

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 104 mb

Bio:

Metal band Lost Horizon took shape during the late '90s and early 2000s. A CD of demos landed the group -- featuring vocalist Daniel Heiman, drummer Christian Nyquist, guitarist Wojtek Lisicki, and bassist Martin Furängen -- on the Music for Nations label; their debut album, Awakening the World, was out by the end of May 2001. During the time between that album's release and the follow-up, 2003's A Flame to the Ground Beneath, Lost Horizon became a six-piece unit with the addition of two new members (keyboardist Attila Publik, guitarist Fredrik Olsson) -- or warriors, as they like to refer to themselves. They were able to sustain a major bus accident just weeks prior to the release of the album, and continued to tour in support of it.

Album:

This album is a pretty unique one. In the beginning, I listened to it, and I thought it was pretty good, but was nowhere near the second LP of the Sweden power metal legends Lost Horizon. Then I listened to it again, and then it was even better. A couple of more listens later, I woke up to the realization that holy shit, this is just as good as their second record, just in a different way. While the second album focused on very spiritually brightening, transcendental themes and songwriting, the debut is a way more down to Earth and straightforward take. Do not make the mistake of thinking this is somehow less intriguing or interesting than the second one. It's just more accessible, but the sheer level of talent and creativity is impossible to deny on this disc.It takes something special for an album to be so substantial and rich in complexities and storytelling so that it takes multiple listens for someone to find it even better and better. There are albums that wouldn't sound worthwhile even after 10 listens. However, with this one, the more listens it gets, and the better it gets. This is partly due to the style the record is written in. Lost Horizon's epic, heroic power metal approach is some of the most captivating and intriguing in music history. The songs are relatively long with a few exceptions, but the guys were so inspired and passionate about playing power metal that it's impossible not to get drawn in and admire the many different bits and pieces that make up this super sophisticated machinery that's Lost Horizon's at this time, only 4-piece (Can you believe that!?) battle legion.What is there within these 9 (excluding intro and outro) power metal pieces to be admired? The better question would be what isn't. Power metal rarely gets more well-rounded and complete than it does here. The record is mainly mid-paced, and they go through an incredible amount of different sections and transitions. There is an entire web of sophisticated melodies and catchy hooks that encompass these songs, some for a shorter amount of time, and some throughout entire verses with pre-choruses linked together that together make up an entire melody line, such as in "Sworn In The Metal Wind". This is way beyond your simple, devoured progressions and derived catchy hooks. This is pushing the boundaries of power metal songwriting. But they never go beyond what makes sense. They always stop the exploration right where it still makes perfect sense and doesn't cross the line of including too many different elements, bells, and whistles that ruin the picture unlike Pathfinder did all too many times.In addition to the outstanding songwriting, this band also features some of the technically finest power metal musicians on Earth. How only 4 people managed to come up with something this full and well-rounded is absolutely beyond me. Not because I haven't seen 3-piece bands play excellent stuff in different styles, but because "Awakening the World" sounds like it's a result of at least 5-6 people. It is THAT extensive and thorough. Wojtek Lisicki on guitars (and on keyboards!) writes magnificently colorful and complex power metal riffs that all feature that philosophical, intellectually driven, searching state of mind we all know and love about Lost Horizon. His solo work is also something to behold, just listen to the one that starts at 2:02 in "World Through My Fateless Eyes". Unbelievable feel for storytelling and emotions, without sacrificing many technical abilities.Daniel Heiman on vocals hopefully needs no introduction among power metal fans, as he's only one of the greatest vocalists that ever walked the face of this Earth. He's not only genetically gifted with a beautiful tone, but he's also very articulate and unexpectedly good with pronouncing words in English. One of the usual traits of Europower is the funny accents the vocalists have, but that seems to be completely absent from this album, which is refreshing. Also refreshing is the bass on the record, which is perfectly audible and crystal clear throughout the entire thing, which is not always the case with power metal, particularly in terms of early-2000s power metal. It has a very smooth, deep, silky tone that matches everything else perfectly.God only knows how many unbelievable records we would have heard if only this one band doesn't end up splitting up right after their sophomore effort. Both this and the follow-up were so complete, so effective, so well-executed that this band entered the realm of mythology in my mind at this point. This is probably strengthened by their over the top appearance and their relentless love for individualism and freedom, which are all perfectly matching elements to their style musically. Even if a third Lost Horizon album will never happen, we are extremely lucky that these musicians, in this particular band, with these two albums visited the world of power metal for a brief period of time in the early 2000s. This two-piece discography is worth more than a lof of them that span over decades.

Line Up:

Ethereal Magnanimus - Vocals
Cosmic Antagonist - Bass (1999-present) - See also: ex-Luciferion, ex-Highlander
Transcendental Protagonist - Guitars (1999-2003, 2004-present), Keyboards (1999-2001) - See also: ex-Einhorn, ex-Luciferion, ex-Jaggernaut, ex-Against the Plagues, ex-Blast 2000, ex-Highlander
Preternatural Transmogrifier - Drums (1999-present) - See also: ex-Highlander

Tracklist:

01. The Quickening 01:06
02. Heart of Storm 06:16
03. Sworn in the Metal Wind 05:44
04. The Song of Air 00:59 instrumental
05. World Through My Fateless Eyes 05:09
06. Perfect Warrior 03:56
07. Denial of Fate 03:39
08. Welcome Back 05:41
09. The Kingdom of My Will 09:15
10. The Redintegration 01:42

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2001 / NEWS 2001"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 25 neregistrovaných