Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001
Style : Glam Hard Rock , Glam Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 183 mb

Bio:

Odin features all 4 ORIGINAL band members Randy O (Vocals), Jeff Duncan (Guitar), Shawn Duncan (Drums) and Aaron Samson (Bass).In the heady days of 1980s Los Angeles, the concert stages Odin played were a killing floor in the band’s meteoric rise to become the most dominant hard rock/metal act of the west coast southland. An unstoppable force that sold out nearly every major venue in the sprawling metropolis of Los Angeles, including The Roxy, Whisky A-Go-Go, The Troubadour, and Chuck Landis’ Country Club, Odin is the only unsigned band as a headliner to have shattered attendance records on multiple nights at both Gazarri’s on the Sunset Strip and The Palace (now The Avalon). By the time their landmark "Don’t Take No For An Answer" Ep was released, Odin had landed lucrative opening slots for some of the most successful bands of the era including Warrant, W.A.S.P., Ratt, Tesla, Dokken, Armored Saint, Bang Tango and Keel.Odin’s popularity reached a whole new level of stratospheric heights when the band released The Gods Must Be Crazy Ep in ’86. The opening cut on the record is “Little Gypsy.” A hot-blooded paean to the seductive women who packed the band’s live shows in droves, “Little Gypsy” and Odin are featured front and center in Penelope Spherris’ classic documentary, The Decline Of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years.,Recorded the same year as The Gods Must Be Crazy, Odin’s first full length disc, "Fight For Your Life", was released on Japan’s JVC/Victor label which contains the song "12 O'Clock High" also featured in "Decline Of Western Civilization: The Metal Years". The sun shone brighter and the flames burned higher when Odin booked what were supposed to be three final shows at Gazarri’s before relinquishing their reign. All three nights sold out in record time. Odin was put to rest, but the solar eye remained open. Hunger for the band’s music went undiminished even as various members sought new musical allies.Through the years, members of Odin have gone on to record, tour and/or perform with Armored Saint, Dokken, BulletBoys, Adlers Appetite, John 5, Dizzy Reed, Rudy Sarzo, Doug Pennick, Frank Demino, Billy Sheehan, Gilby Clarke just to name a few.Odin has performed recently at festivals such as Rocklahoma and the Hair Nation Festival as well as an apperence on the Monsters Of Rock Cruise. Odin is gearing up for many more live shows and re-releases of thier records.Odin"s entire catalog to be re-issued on EMP/Universal/SPV world wide in 2018.Óðinn (related to the Old Icelandic Óðr: "Frenzy") is, according the Prose and the Poetic Edda, an Old Norse god who rules over the realms of poetry, war, death, sorcery and rulership. According to the Prose Edda, Óðinn was the highest of the gods and ruled them all. He is frequently identified as the father of numerous Æsir gods such as þórr or Týr.

Album:

Odin is one of the best metal bands of all time.They play with total craze and abandon. Randy O sounds like he's losing his mind, which is what metal is all about. This is a must have cd if you love classic 80's metal. Odin should have been huge. What a shame that they were never signed to a major label. I drove around for hours in my car blasting this cd.I keept this album in my memory since i was a kid the songs of this album wich i listened with a cousin who got it from a friend of him in those days and listening to it my memory was refreshed and i realize once again that this band were unique, because ok they have many of the elements of the Metal California bands of the 80s but they had in particular something else that could fit into todays Metal style with the proper minimum changes, they were not that sweet and glam despite they were sorrounded by that tendence (LA) they had the propper ammount of agresivity without fall into Slayer extremes for example and being such a difficult album to find the fascination i have for this band have increased with years.

Line-Up:

Randy O - Vocals (1981-1988, 1988, 2003, 2011, 2016-present) - See also: Lostboys, ex-Michael Angelo Batio
Aaron Samson - Bass (1980-1988, 2003, 2011-2012, 2016-present) - See also: Driver, Carerra, ex-Hard Knox
Jeff Duncan - Guitars, Vocals (backing) - Guitars (1980-1990, 2003, 2011-2012, 2016-present) - See also: Armored Saint, DC4, ex-Bird of Prey, ex-Lostboys
Brad Parker Guitars (tracks 14-16)
Shawn Duncan - Drums (1980-1990, 2003, 2011-2012, 2016-present) - See also: DC4, ex-Madam X, ex-Bird of Prey, ex-BulletBoys

Tracklist:

01. The Writer 03:56
02. One Day to Live 02:32
03. Shining Love 05:28
04. Solar Eye 04:26
05. Don't Take No for an Answer 02:23
06. Judgement Day 04:18
07. Little Gypsy 02:56
08. She Needs my Love 03:51
09. No Reason to Run 03:31
10. Over Your Head 03:11
11. She Was the One 04:22
12. Play the Fool 03:07
13. Matter of Time 01:51
14. Judgement Day 03:50
15. Midnight Flight 05:30
16. The Blade 06:30

+ Video "Shining Love" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2001 / NEWS 2001"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných