Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 183 mb

Bio:

GOLDEN FARM is maybe one of the best Spanish AOR bands ever. Their CD 'Angel's tears' contains high quality superbly performed pure AOR in the tradition of STAN BUSH, early HAREM SCAREM, SUVIVOR, ROXUS, SIGNAL, FM, WHITE SISTER... This interview was a total must to do and so it happened not long after the review of their CD was published on our website. Here's what they had to say...Touted as being part of the new wave of Spanish AOR and melodic rock are this bunch of Barcelona residents going under the banner of Golden Farm. I have to say, this is a very classy affair. If you were to take the Scandanavian route, then bands like Alien or Treat might come into the picture. You then mix it up with all the other Spanish pretenders we've heard over the last few years then the end result would be Golden Farm. And that folks is a compliment! Considering we're talking about bands like La Fase, Elyte, Rafa Martin, Seven Ltd and more recently 91 Suite.. these are high quality outfits, and Golden Farm are right up there, with an infusion of them all in their sound. The band is the brainchild of guitarist Loren Villalonga, who has been playing guitar for years and been bought up on a steady diet of Journey, Foreigner, Scorpions and Whitesnake. After putting together a demo, he was eventually signed up by Madrid label Avispa - hence Golden Farm was born, with the input of a couple of friends on keyboards and drums (Sergi and Vincente). Overall, 'Angels Tears' is classy mid-tempo AOR, with Menguiano's effortless vocals (no voices straining here!) and the tasty eighties influenced guitar work of Loren providing the platform for the band to operate from.

Album:

I know, most of what comes out of Spain is Power Metal, so my first guess for GOLDEN FARM also had been just that. Actually it had been my guess for quite a while, more exactly until I could finally get the CD to play, because my stereo refused and still refuses to play "Angel's Tears"…Anyhow, the first sounds of opener "I Can't Tell You" proved me wrong already, because here we get Melodic Rock in the best tradition of the Eighties, all with keyboards, nice hooks and smooth vocal-lines, we don't hear that all too often anymore, do we?GOLDEN FARM convince all through the album with those ingredients that make these five Spaniards anything but original, but you definitely have to acknowledge the really good delivery of the expertly crafted compositions that don't have to hide behind the greats of the scene, with their very good balance between catchiness, melody and still a certain edge to the guitars, which adds a really nice touch to their sound.Songs like the already mentioned opener "I Can't Tell You", the driving "Fire And Ice", the somehow SHADOW KING-esque "Everything Sometimes" or "" should all cater to fans of FOREIGNER and the likes. I just do not know how good the distribution of Avispa is, but if you like FOREIGNER, then GOLDEN FARM are really worth hunting them down. (Online November 24, 2002)

Line-Up:

Toni Menguiano - lead vocals
Loren - lead guitar, acoustic guitar, backing vocals
Ito - bass, backing vocals
Sergi - keyboards
Vicente - drums

Tracklist:

01. I Cant Tell You
02. Tears of Loving
03. Fire and Ice
04. Everything Sometimes
05. I Need Your Love
06. Time After Time
07. All Night Long
08. Why These Years
09. I Want to Know
10. They Say
11. All I Want
12. When The Morning Sun

+ Video "Tears of loving" (Official Music video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2001 / NEWS 2001"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní