Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 96 mb

Bio:

Founded in 1993, Hotwire play melodic hard rock with influences from the 1980s.Their first CD was produced by Bonfire musicians Hans Ziller and Claus Lessmann , the current CD "Devil in Disguise" by ex-Bonfire guitarist Chris Lausmann. In 2001 the band toured Germany together with Shakra and Domain.Like countrymen Bonfire, Hotwire play a brand of melodic hard rock full of melodies, thick harmony vocals, and big hooks. The sound of Hotwire is even more sugary than Bonfire, with the lyrics almost always revolving around love and relationships. While the lead vocals are very melodic and emotional in nature, I think that some listeners may have a hard time with the lead vocals of Hotwire.The band's debut attempt was a maxi single produced by Claus Lessmann and Hans Ziller (Bonfire) in 1994 and soon after their first full length simply titled Hotwire was also released (1995). It took them three years to release a second album, Face Another Day (1998). The band immediately started touring with acts such as Bonfire (of course) and Crystal Ball. In 2001 they strike once more with Middle Of Nowhere and Andy Urbeck as the new vocalist. Most of 2001 and 2002 is used for live shows but after that the band takes a break until, pretty much, today…

Album:

The first thing that strikes you about this CD is that it is a double CD with almost identical track lists.It happened when the band split up with their lyricist and singer Werner Stadi during the mixing work for this album. Any further collaboration seemed pointless to all involved. But what to do with the recorded songs? Long story short, here I hold the old recordings in my hands as the album "And Never Surrender" by WERNER STADI'S HOTWIRE and the album "Middle of Nowhere" by HOTWIRE with Andy Scott as the new singer. But now to the music.The album's opener, "Midnite Romeo" is good to listen to, "Nothing To Say" goes one better when it comes to heaviness. It's not Metal, but it's good hard rock. The riffs go straight into your blood and Werner smashes the lyrics to the fact that it is a real splendor. With "In The Middle Of Nowhere" follows a slow track that describes the love for rock'n roll (?!?). The rhythm of "Shania" amazed me, because this medium-tempo love song hits my legs so much that I had difficulty staying seated. And for friends of absolute and unbeaten ridiculous scraps there is "Lost In Your Eyes" to loosen ear wax. If the 06:35 minutes are still too short for you, you can program the 03:25 min. Radio edit right after it. "Danger Is Calling" seems a bit lengthy to me despite the not too long playing time, but there is always a little downer to be there. In any case, the boys master their instruments in their sleep. It is varied and rocky and after successful transitions it goes gently through the tracks again.With the change of singer, HOTWIRE seem to have made a minor, but noticeable, course correction. At least with some of the tracks, the musicians take it a bit more groovy than in Werner Stadi's time. "Danger Is Calling", for example, doesn't sound that long-winded here. With Andy Scott as the singer, HOTWIRE made a good catch. Even if he doesn't quite match Werner's vigor, he does his job so well that people like to listen to him at work. Since the song titles are almost identical to the previous CD, I save the details, but 2 more songs have crept into this disc. One is a cover version of "You Shook Me All Night Long" (AC / DC), which uses acoustic guitars and uses less tempo. The other additional song is one composed by Werner Stadi, which bears the beautiful name "Sometimes She Cries" and whose lard factor is not in the least inferior to that of "Lost In Your Eyes".

Line Up:

Andy Urbeck - lead vocals
Winnie Neumann - bass
Alex Espinosa - guitars
Tom Glas - drums
Michael Ertel - additional keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Midnite Romeo 5:06
02. Middle of Nowhere 4:24
03. You Shook Me All Night Long 3:05 Cover: AC/DC
04. Shania 4:20
05. Lost in Your Eyes 6:35
06. Nothing to Say 3:54
07. Sometimes She Cries 4:18
08. Danger Is Calling 4:42
09. Lost in Your Eyes (Radio Edit) 3:14

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2001 / NEWS 2001"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných