Edguy - The Savage Poetry (1995) (2CD) (Limited Edition 2000)

hudební novinky 2000 / music news 2000
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Apr 2022, 09:28

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1995 (Limited Edition 2000)
Style : Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 250 mb

Bio:

Edguy is a power metal band from Fulda, Germany that was formed in 1992.More than two million discs sold, sold out concerts in 37 countries all over America, Australia, Asia, and Europe, one of the first German bands to play gigs in places like Israel and China, extensive tours and shows with global icons Aerosmith, the Scorpions, Iron Maiden and now, armed with their 9th studio album “Age Of The Joker", Edguy is back. On August 26th EDGUY's new masterpiece will hit the stores.

Album:

The Savage Poetry, released in 2000, is a re-recording of the album Savage Poetry, originally launched in 1995 as a demo by German power metal band Edguy. This version is also seen and referred to as their fourth official studio album. The album was originally self-produced and released initially as a demo before the band were signed by AFM. The re-recorded tracks are also slightly re-arranged. Some version of the album also features the original recording as a bonus disc.After the release of "Theater Of Salvation", Edguy's main man Tobias Sammet was working hard on his side-project Avantasia. In the meantime, he had to find a way in order to keep the name of Edguy on everyone's lips. The solution appeared to be this album, "The Savage Poetry", which is a very interesting concept for a double CD.The first CD is the original recording of Edguy's first album, "Savage Poetry", although it had never been produced in 1995 simply because no record company was interested at that time. That self-produced album was sold by the musicians themselves after their concerts. The funny thing about it is that they actually composed this album when they were 16 or 17! But let's face it from the beginning, the original release sucks. You might be surprised by these compositions, which sound mature even at that time. However, the musicians weren't yet those we know nowadays [of course, they were 16!]. The major bad mark is that the famous voice of Tobias Sammet has not yet emerged and the vocals sound uninspired, almost mechanic. Then, it's a self-produced effort, and one can tell. The lineup was also slightly different back then: Tobias Sammet [vocals, bass, keyboards, piano], Jens Ludwig [guitars] and Dirk Sauer [guitars] were already the core of the band but the fourth musician was Dominik Storch [drums], who left the band after their second recording, "Kingdom Of Madness".So far, this first CD has nothing really attractive but its rareness. But then, you listen to the second CD, which is the 2000 recording of the same songs. First, as Tobias said himself in the booklet, that's more than a new recording. A few changes have been made in the songs [and even in the lyrics!] . However, from the first note that's obvious, THIS is Edguy! Tobias got his voice back and everything sounds a lot better. So, the main purpose of that original recording is to show you how good these guys have become! That's really a good idea and I have no knowledge of such a weird thing from another band [I mean putting both original and new recording in the same album..All of that is nice, but what about the songs themselves? You have the right to ask. Well, we have several kind of compositions: powerful anthems such as the opener 'Hallowed', 'Misguiding Your Life', 'Sacred Hell' and 'Power And Majesty'; emotional ballads such as 'Sands Of Time' and 'Roses To No One'; and then, the really interesting material.But first a few comments about the aforementioned tracks. Number one, the powerful songs are efficient, nevertheless, they are not truly groundbreaking nor even original. Well, on the other side, the guitar lines are harsh but melodic and the solos rocks [courtesy of Dirk and Jens]. Number two, the ballads sound almost like fillers on that album. At least 'Sands Of Time' does. I must say that 'Roses To No One' has something interesting in its structure.So, back to interesting stuff, track number 10, 'Eyes Of The Tyrant' is an epic song clocking around 10 minutes full of creativity. No need to precise that this is my favorite one on this album. Tobias Exxel [bass] really makes a tremendous job on that one while Felix Bohnke provides the strong rhythmic background for such a song.Ever-changing melody, mind-blowing duo Jens Ludwig/Dirk Sauer on guitars and, of course, Tobias Sammet at his best level. And I must say, even better than an "Theater Of Salvation".The second real highlight on "The Savage Poetry" is 'Key To My Fate', with its heavy rhythm and its catchy chorus. If a single had to be chosen, that would be the one. The keyboards add a lot to that track, enhancing every single note of it. Just listen to the solos mixed with these keys, I think that was a great idea.As a conclusion, I could say that "The Savage Poetry" was an original concept and it contains good material, two songs being on top of that. It's also the first album in which you can hear the improved voice of Tobias Sammet [less vibratos, wider range] compared to "Theater Of Salvation". It's almost like a before/after commercial!

Line-Up:

Tobias Sammet - lead and backing vocals, keyboards
Jens Ludwig - lead guitar, engineer
Dirk Sauer - rhythm guitar
Tobias 'Eggi' Exxel - bass
Felix Bohnke - drums
Dominik Storch – drums on 1995 version

Additional musicians:

Ralf Zdiarstek, Markus Schmitt - backing vocals
Frank Tischer - piano on "Sands of Time"

Production:

Norman Meieritz - engineer
Mikko Karmila - mixing
Mika Jussila - mastering

Tracklist:

CD1: New Version Recorded In 2000

01. Hallowed 06:16
02. Misguiding Your Life 04:06
03. Key to My Fate 04:33
04. Sands of Time 04:41
05. Sacred Hell 05:36
06. Eyes of the Tyrant 10:03
07. Frozen Candle 07:15
08. Roses to No One 05:45
09. Power and Majesty 04:53

CD2: Original Version Recorded In 1995

01. Hallowed 06:32
02. Misguiding Your Life 04:14
03. Key to My Fate 04:38
04. Sands of Time 05:08
05. Sacred Hell 06:07
06. Eyes of the Tyrant 08:34
07. Frozen Candle 07:59
08. Roses to No One 05:49
09. Power and Majesty 05:08

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2000 / NEWS 2000"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných