Overkill - Killbox 13 (Japan Edition) (2003)

hudební novinky 2003 / music news 2003
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Dec 2021, 14:25

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2003 (Japan Edition)
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 158 mb

Bio:

Overkill is an American thrash metal band, formed in 1980 in New Jersey. They have gone through many line-up changes, with singer Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth and bassist D.D. Verni remaining from the original lineup. Along with Anthrax, whose one-time lead guitarist Dan Spitz was also an early member of Overkill,the band is one of the most successful East Coast thrash metal bands. The band has a notable mascot named "Chaly", a skeletal bat with a skull-like face, horns, bony wings, and green eyes. Chaly has appeared on most of their album covers.To date, Overkill has released seventeen studio albums (including an album of cover songs), three EPs and three live albums. They were one of the early thrash metal bands to sign to a major label (Atlantic Records, in 1986), but would not achieve commercial success until the popularization of the genre in the late 1980s, with their contemporaries Anthrax, Exodus, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Testament. The band's most successful records are Under the Influence (1988), The Years of Decay (1989), I Hear Black (1993) and The Electric Age (2012), which debuted at No. 142, No. 155, No. 122 and No. 77 respectively on the Billboard 200 chart.As of 2006, Overkill has sold over 625,000 albums in the U.S. since the beginning of the SoundScan era and over 16 million records worldwide as of 2012.

Album:

Killbox 13 is the 12th studio album by thrash metal band Overkill in 2003.The name stems from the fact that the band considers this to be their thirteenth release because they include the Overkill EP as their first, or that they had released the covers album Coverkill, which would have been their eleventh studio album. "Well, it is the thirteenth, but it's only really the thirteenth for people who followed the band. There was an EP called Overkill back in '84...", said Bobby Ellsworth.Killbox 13 received much critical acclaim because some of the songs marked a return to the raw unpolished thrash style exhibited on the first album Feel The Fire, which Overkill had gradually moved away from afterwards. This is a flawless album. And by that, I do not mean "Best album ever," because it is not. What Killbox 13 is, is an album that does not have any mistakes or anything that sucks. It doesn't ascend to the same heights of brilliance as Rust, Puppets, etc. - it doesn't try to. Instead, it slides neatly into "kickass thrash" and stays there. Kind of like Overkill in general.To get more specific, this is the best thing Overkill has done since Horrorscope, probably because it's the thrashiest thing they've done since Horrorscope. Pretty much every track on here is good; however, a couple stand out. "Unholy" is the best song on here, featuring a couple of wicked riffs and one of those great "long extended note with Blitz carrying the melody" choruses that Overkill specializes in, as well as a start-stop ending sequence that is capable of giving some poor fucker neck problems. "No Lights" has a similar chorus; an uncharacteristically melodic tune that goes into a sweet breakdown halfway through. "Struck Down" and "I Rise" are pure ripping thrash that would not be out of place on The Years of Decay or Horrorscope, and the former has a brilliant bridge that I DARE you not to sing along with. Go ahead, try not to.The rest of the album is solid all the way through..."The One" and "Crystal Clear" are the closest to mediocre, "Until I Die" and "The Sound of Dying" are the best. But really, they're all kickass tracks. There's nothing on here that really goes above and beyond (except maybe "Unholy"), but it's all solid, headbang-worthy thrash metal.Interesting bit of trivia - Blitz has mentioned that this album is a semi-concept, with all the lyrics reflective of the Seven Deadly Sins. Fun new party game: trying to figure out which one is which without resorting to illegal hallucinogens trying to match up Sloth.One last thing worth mentioned - THE PRODUCTION. This is the best metal production I've heard since...Christ, how about the Black Album? Everything is "Crystal Clear" but still, um..."Unholy"? Okay, fuck that stupid pun. Just know that the production is very good and if I Hear Black sounded like this, it would be in the running for best 'Kill album.

Line-Up:

Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth - Vocals
D.D. Verni - Bass, Vocals (backing)
Dave Linsk - Guitars, Vocals (backing)
Derek "The Skull" Tailer - Vocals (backing)
Tim Mallare - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Devil By The Tail
02. Damned
03. No Lights
04. The One
05. Crystal Clear
06. The Sound Of Dying
07. Until I Die
08. Struck Down
09. Unholy
10. I Rise
11. Hello From The Gutter (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)
12. Elimination (Live) (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2003 / NEWS 2003"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných