Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2003
Style : Dark Metal , Gothic Metal , Doom Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Nightfall is a Greek extreme metal band from Athens.Formed by vocalist/bassist Efthimis Karadimas in 1991, the group is currently signed to Metal Blade Records.They are widely considered the forerunners to a "mediterranean way to black metal" together with Inchiuvatu and Moonspell.Nightfall was formed in 1991 by frontman and bassist Efthimis Karadimas. Within a few months of existence, Karadimas had produced Nightfall's one-and-only demo tape, Vanity.The 4 track demo was noticed by Holy Records, a new French record label that was looking for an act to use to help introduce itself to the music business worldwide. A deal followed and gave birth to the debut release of Nightfall and Holy Records, Parade into Centuries, in 1992. The release proved a successful pioneering step as time went on for both Nightfall and Holy Records. This paradigm was followed by many in both countries, establishing a tradition for French labels to release Greek metal albums.Nightfall stayed with Holy Records throughout the decade, resulting in 1994's Macabre Sunsets, 1995's Athenian Echoes, 1997's Lesbian Show, and 1999's Diva Futura, backed by European tours. Line-up changes were effected in almost every release, with Karadimas remaining the only constant. The early days saw Chris Adamou on rhythm guitars and Costas Savvidis on drums, while later Jim Agelopoulos and Phil Anton would take the guitar spot; Bob Katsionis would join on keys for their summer of 2001 Wacken appearance, with Mark Cross on drums, and Mike Galiatsos coming in on lead guitars. Katsionis would later handle guitar duties as well, and both himself and Cross would later go on to perform with Greek power metal outfit Firewind (the main band of guitarist Gus G, who became Ozzy Osbourne’s guitarist in 2010).The next few years saw the band changing direction and a new record deal was signed with Greek label Black Lotus Records with whom Nightfall released two albums: 2003’s I Am Jesus and 2005’s Lyssa: Rural Gods and Astonishing Punishments. George Bokos appeared as a guitarist on Lyssa. In 2005 the band ceased its live performances for good and George Bokos joined fellow Greeks Rotting Christ.The same year drummer George Kollias, who had replaced Cross some years prior and appeared on both albums, ended up in the American death metal band Nile.The band had apparently split up (although no official announcement was ever made about it), yet in early 2009 Stathis Kassios (known to Efthimis Karadimas from his on stage keyboard services in the previous years) introduced American guitarist Evan Hensley to Karadimas in an effort to convince him to record some new compositions together. German drummer and producer Jörg Uken was already in touch with Efthimis Karadimas, and words became actions in early 2010 when this new line-up was announced. This new line-up and the new sound it delivered attracted American label Metal Blade Records, who offered a record deal.Their 2010 release, Astron Black and the Thirty Tyrants, was released on Metal Blade Records in August, 2010. The album was almost universally well-received, garnering high praise from numerous international critics, and included artwork by noted American cover artist Travis Smith.In 2011, the band added two new members to further round out their line-up: guitarist Constantine and bassist Stathis Ridis.After the release of their 2013 album, Cassiopeia, Nightfall went on hiatus. In June 2020, the band announced their return to live performances through their official Facebook page.The band's current line up, apart from Efthimis Karadimas on vocals and bass, includes returning members Mike Galiatsos and Kostas Kyriakopoulos on guitars, as well as Fotis Bernardo of Septicflesh fame on drums.In July 2020, Nightfall announced a record deal with french label Season of Mist, as well as that they are working on a new album that will be released in early 2021. In addition, Season of Mist has announced that it has acquired distribution rights for the band's entire release catalog.

Album:

The sound of Nightfall here is hard to describe. There’s some death/doom, yes—the very first riff on “Death of Neira” is slowish and crushing, the guitar meaty enough for my tastes—, mixed with some Rotting Christ-like gothic/black metal. Often, however, the guitars go for an upbeat, triumphant sound that gives it all a bittersweet tone. The vocals are either raspy black metal shrieks or some non-singing clear voice, either whispering or narrating. There’s a strange industrial atmosphere, which I guess was kinda trendy in Greece in 2003 (Septicflesh’s Sumerian Daemons comes to mind) with some electronic noises here and there, and the lead guitar is sometimes very processed, to the point of sounding like an synthetic hum in “Death of Neira” and especially “I’ve Never Dreamt the Life We Share.” It’s not bad per se, but it is a bit confusing. As for the themes and lyrics, I confess I have no idea of what’s going on. I guess this is somewhat of a concept album, as it evokes images of early Common Era Galilee. Maybe it deals with the human life of Jesus and his temptations and having to face his destiny or something like that, but that’s as far as I can go. The lyrics are sometimes unintendedly nonsensical (it feels like they are struggling with their grasp of the language) and could be a bit improved.Though the album starts out slow, the following two songs are quicker with a joyful, almost poppy, main riff, all of them pretty standard verse-chorus-verse affairs. It’s clear that, if it had clean vocals, the title track would be full of sing-along hooks. But then, with “A Pale Crescendo and “Luciferin,” it stops dead and goes straight into slow atmospheric metal territory with unconventional structures. And so it goes. Emotionally, this is a rollercoaster. At one moment you’re glooming it up screaming “Burning mud on my nasty face”, the next (literally) you’re pumping your fist in the air, going “Hey, you can’t stop me now, I feel so strong.” These variations in mood can be a bit jarring at times while listening to the album from start to finish, but I guess ordering the tracks any other way could hurt the narrative.Almost every track has something interesting (no fillers!), but there are three songs in I am Jesus that really stand out for me. One is “Luciferin” with its wicked whispering backed by the rhythm section slowly building up to its doomy climax, the whispers apparently coming from the tempting voice of the devil (“You like this, don't you?”). Then we have these absolute monsters that are album closers “Semana Tragica” and “Nightfall.”“Semana Tragica” begins with some clean guitar strumming alone, then the drums announce the distortion is coming to completely sweep the floor with your face as vocalist Efthimis says “I know you are coming down to me.” It’s very dramatic, one obviously thinks of Christ on the cross crying out to heaven, believing God had forsaken him. Its beautiful, intense doom gives way for some clean breaks to allow us some room to breathe (on a mimetic level, we feel his weariness unto death as he describes the spirits “dancing over his tired body”) before going on with the epiphany that “the only dreams I’ve made are fake, like you”, yet “you’re still the one I remember.” I’m not sure whether this is a message about the need to keep faith even if it’s fake or if it’s about Jesus doubting his own divinity or what, but this doesn’t feel like “white metal” for me, it’s too nuanced. Anyways, even if, like me, you’re not a religious person, and though we’re never sure of what’s going on, it’s powerful stuff, there’s power in this kind of drama. “Nightfall” follows the same structure of quiet atmospheric intro, now longer, with synths and echoing keys, before bringing in the hurt, its emotional guitars backed by the piano as the song comes to its climax. Titled “The Attack” in the lyrics, we hear Efthimis cry out: “As Nightfall coloured the sky / I saw the tragedy in your eyes.” A spiritual invasion has begun, maybe? That’s what it sounds like, and it’s amazing. A great way to wrap up a unique album like this.After Nightfall’s unwanted and embarrassing foray into Pyogenesis-style horny gothic rock with Lesbian Show and Diva Futura sullied their Hellenic black metal career, I am Jesus, though leading them into a very different path than before, was a pleasant return to form.

Line-Up:

Efthimis Karadimas - Bass (1991-1999), Keyboards (1991-1992, 1995, 1997-2005), Vocals (1991-2006, 2010-present), Guitars (1993, 1995) - See also: ex-Epidemic
Michalis Galiatsos Guitars
George Kollias Drums
Bob Gatsionis Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Death of Neira 04:32
02. The Senior Lover of Diamanda 04:28
03. I Am Jesus 03:34
04. A Pale Crescendo of Diamond Suns 03:38
05. Luciferin (What If Men Could Bear Masters?) 06:02
06. Muscat (Darkdark Road) 03:30
07. The Poor Us 03:06
08. I've Never Dreamt the Life We Share 05:14
09. Treasures in Aramaic Tears (Echelon) 05:49
10. Semana Tragica 06:36
11. Nightfall 05:39

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Nightfall (GRE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Mar 2021, 13:34

Nightfall - At Night We Prey (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Dark Metal , Gothic Metal , Doom Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Nightfall is a Greek extreme metal band from Athens.Formed by vocalist/bassist Efthimis Karadimas in 1991, the group is currently signed to Metal Blade Records.They are widely considered the forerunners to a "mediterranean way to black metal" together with Inchiuvatu and Moonspell.Nightfall was formed in 1991 by frontman and bassist Efthimis Karadimas. Within a few months of existence, Karadimas had produced Nightfall's one-and-only demo tape, Vanity.The 4 track demo was noticed by Holy Records, a new French record label that was looking for an act to use to help introduce itself to the music business worldwide. A deal followed and gave birth to the debut release of Nightfall and Holy Records, Parade into Centuries, in 1992. The release proved a successful pioneering step as time went on for both Nightfall and Holy Records. This paradigm was followed by many in both countries, establishing a tradition for French labels to release Greek metal albums.Nightfall stayed with Holy Records throughout the decade, resulting in 1994's Macabre Sunsets, 1995's Athenian Echoes, 1997's Lesbian Show, and 1999's Diva Futura, backed by European tours. Line-up changes were effected in almost every release, with Karadimas remaining the only constant. The early days saw Chris Adamou on rhythm guitars and Costas Savvidis on drums, while later Jim Agelopoulos and Phil Anton would take the guitar spot; Bob Katsionis would join on keys for their summer of 2001 Wacken appearance, with Mark Cross on drums, and Mike Galiatsos coming in on lead guitars. Katsionis would later handle guitar duties as well, and both himself and Cross would later go on to perform with Greek power metal outfit Firewind (the main band of guitarist Gus G, who became Ozzy Osbourne’s guitarist in 2010).The next few years saw the band changing direction and a new record deal was signed with Greek label Black Lotus Records with whom Nightfall released two albums: 2003’s I Am Jesus and 2005’s Lyssa: Rural Gods and Astonishing Punishments. George Bokos appeared as a guitarist on Lyssa. In 2005 the band ceased its live performances for good and George Bokos joined fellow Greeks Rotting Christ.The same year drummer George Kollias, who had replaced Cross some years prior and appeared on both albums, ended up in the American death metal band Nile.The band had apparently split up (although no official announcement was ever made about it), yet in early 2009 Stathis Kassios (known to Efthimis Karadimas from his on stage keyboard services in the previous years) introduced American guitarist Evan Hensley to Karadimas in an effort to convince him to record some new compositions together. German drummer and producer Jörg Uken was already in touch with Efthimis Karadimas, and words became actions in early 2010 when this new line-up was announced. This new line-up and the new sound it delivered attracted American label Metal Blade Records, who offered a record deal.Their 2010 release, Astron Black and the Thirty Tyrants, was released on Metal Blade Records in August, 2010. The album was almost universally well-received, garnering high praise from numerous international critics, and included artwork by noted American cover artist Travis Smith.In 2011, the band added two new members to further round out their line-up: guitarist Constantine and bassist Stathis Ridis.After the release of their 2013 album, Cassiopeia, Nightfall went on hiatus. In June 2020, the band announced their return to live performances through their official Facebook page.The band's current line up, apart from Efthimis Karadimas on vocals and bass, includes returning members Mike Galiatsos and Kostas Kyriakopoulos on guitars, as well as Fotis Bernardo of Septicflesh fame on drums.In July 2020, Nightfall announced a record deal with french label Season of Mist, as well as that they are working on a new album that will be released in early 2021. In addition, Season of Mist has announced that it has acquired distribution rights for the band's entire release catalog.

Album:

When you consider Greece as a heartland for metal, most thoughts often switch directly to Septicflesh or Rotting Christ as the bands that gave rise to black metal in the country. Often forgotten about is Nightfall, a band which arguably helped put Greece’s grim underground on the map, but also a band whose light burnt too bright too fast as they withdrew from the limelight and quietly became a studio act. Having been seven years since their last album Cassiopeia, and with frontman Efthimis Karadimas going on to form THE SLAYERKING in the meantime, many could be forgiven for thinking that the band may have run its course. However, on the eve of their third decade of existence the band has seemingly clawed its way back from the brink of the dead to release their 11th opus At Night We Prey.The album begins with Instrumental opener She Loved the Twilight, and its a passable introduction but really only serves to build suspense before true opening track Killing Moon kicks in, and its from here that the album really takes off. Killing Moon is a fast paced melodic piece that boldly announces that this album going to be dark, melodic, atmospheric and fast, and really well as a signal that the band is back and better than ever.Darkness Forever follows and leans right into the thrashier side of the bands roots, with a barrelling speed from start to the end that is sure to rouse anyone that listens to it. This track could easily draw comparisons to something like Mayhem’s Life Eternal with its ferocity, as it is a very fast moving beast, but Nightfall have added a few interesting sections amongst it which make it uniquely stand out. Next track Witches, is a slower paced affair throughout its first half, before everything gets thrown out the window in the back half with the track goes absolutely manic. This dichotomy between the slower and faster paced nature is something that Nightfall really well throughout the album, but there aren’t many places where it is done better than on this track.Giants of Anger follows, and it slows the pace down a bit to become a more melodic affair, but the blast beating drums throughout its verse really give the whole track an imposing vibe. The spoken word lyrical section offers a brief reprieve but the song harnesses a lot of the best parts of Nightfall’s musical talents individually to create something unique. This then leads into the low strung opening for Temenos, which makes you think that it’s going to follow a similar path as Giants of Anger before it; however once the music kicks in you are treated to one of the fastest songs on the album. The melodic guitar work that fills its verses offer probably one of the more memorable pieces of music from the album, and the way the song changes shape and form throughout its run make it a clear standout.Meteor Gods follows and seemed a bit more of a filler track compared to those before it. While the lyrical content reverberated quite well, the pacing of the song seemed out of place in comparison to the tracks leading to it, and as a result it didn’t engage with this listener as well as some of the others. It’s still a good track, and probably one that will grow over a few more listens, but just didn’t instantly pop out amongst the other songs on the album.However, any suspicion that the album would transition into a dull tail end was quickly dashed by track Martyrs of the Cult of the Dead. This fast-paced anthemic track commanded fist pumping attention from its onset and its infectious vibe proved that this album wasn’t finished and that Nightfall still had plenty to offer.Penultimate track At Night We Prey hits all the right marks, with a catchy chorus that’s easy to sing along with and an interlude piece that’s sure to go down well in a live setting, before Wolves in Thy Head brought the album to a triumphant close Vocally, Karadimas performs incredibly well. The vocals strike the right balance of brutality and clarity, with his enunciation helping to clearly orate the lyrics. His guttural bellows perfectly fit, never seem forced, and at times almost seem like a natural tone he might take with someone, which highlights how in control Karadimas is of his voice. His performance is definitely a big draw-card, and is something that stands out very clearly on At Night We Prey.Musically though, Mike Galiatsos and Kostas Kyriakopolous really are to be commended for the work they do on guitar for this album. Many times, it seemed like there may be more than two guitarists operating, such is the ferocity of the tremolo picking and harmonies that are carried over it. While there is only a few examples where solos shine, the fundamental guitar work is enough to really get excited about. This sort of an album rightly so could have been a three-guitarist job, but this duo has managed to bring these tracks together seamlessly.Karadimas on bass and Drummer Fotis Bernardo of course enable this work to flow with their bass line providing a great platform for the others to launch off. There is very rarely a song where the thundering bass or blistering drumming doesn’t shine very prominently, and that’s a true credit on an album of this nature.Overall the production on the album is good, although, as a minor criticism, there were times where the mix favoured instruments a little too favourably over the vocals. However, the layering was generally really well done, and it was still a good listen even after a having it run a few times.This album represents a strong return to form for a band that many thought might have run its course. At Night We Prey is a strong release from Nightfall, and with the backing of one of the worlds best labels, and with the promise of upcoming live shows once touring returns to normal, this album definitely signals the coming of a new age for Nightfall — three decades on from their inception.

Line-Up:

Efthimis Karadimas - Bass (1991-1999), Keyboards (1991-1992, 1995, 1997-2005), Vocals (1991-2006, 2010-present), Guitars (1993, 1995) - See also: ex-Epidemic
Michalis Galiatsos - Guitars (1991-1999, 2020-present) - See also: Blind Justice, Snowblind, ex-Mike G., ex-Zion, ex-Vanity
Kostas Kyriakopoulos - Bass (2004-2006), Guitars (2020-present) - See also: The Slayerking, ex-Nocta
Fotis Benardo - Drums (2020-present) - See also: Necromantia, SixforNine, ex-Blood Covered, ex-Bob Katsionis, ex-Chaostar, ex-Double Square, ex-Dream Devoid, ex-InnerWish, ex-Nightrage, ex-Septicflesh, ex-Firewind (live), ex-Nordor (live), ex-The Devilworx

Tracklist:

01. She Loved the Twilight
02. Killing Moon
03. Darkness Forever
04. Witches
05. Giants of Anger
06. Temenos
07. Meteor Gods
08. Martyrs of the Cult of the Dead (Agita)
09. At Night We Prey
10. Wolves in Thy Head

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "GOTHIC, DOOM, DARK Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 11 neregistrovaných