Slayer - Show No Mercy (1983) Haunting The Chapel (EP) (1984) (Japan Remastered Edition 2004)

hudební novinky 2004 / music news 2004
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Slayer - Show No Mercy (1983) Haunting The Chapel (EP) (1984) (Japan Remastered Edition 2004)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Mar 2023, 09:09

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 + 1984 (Japan Remastered Edition 2004)
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 182 mb

Bio:

Slayer is an American thrash metal band formed in Huntington Park, California, in 1981, by guitarists Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King. Slayer rose to fame with their 1986 release Reign in Blood, and is credited as one of the "Big Four" thrash metal acts, along with Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. Slayer has never publicly revealed its worldwide sales, however between 1991 and 2004, the band sold more than 3.5 million albums in the U.S.Slayer's musical style involves fast tremolo picking, double bass drumming, riffs in irregular scales and shouted vocals. In the original line-up, King, bassist/vocalist Tom Araya and guitarist Jeff Hanneman contributed to the band's lyrics, and most of the band's music was created and arranged by King and Hanneman, with additional help from drummer Dave Lombardo and sometimes Araya.The band's lyrics and album art, which cover topics such as serial killers, insanity, Satanism, religion, anti-religion and warfare, have generated album bans, delays, lawsuits and criticism from religious groups and the public. Their music has been highly influential, often being cited by many bands as an influence musically, visually and lyrically.Since their debut album in 1983, the band has released two live albums, one box set, six videos, two extended plays, a covers album and ten studio albums, four of which have received gold certification in the United States. The band has received five Grammy nominations, winning one in 2007 for the song "Eyes of the Insane", and one in 2008 for the song "Final Six" (both from 2006's Christ Illusion). Slayer has played music festivals worldwide, including Unholy Alliance, Download and Ozzfest.

Album:

When Show No Mercy came out in 1983, I bet it scared the shit out of everyone. This is one of the most influential and remarkable albums to ever see the light of day. This may not be the first thrash metal album, for I think that would be Welcome to Hell, but I prefer this to any thrash release before or after it. This is a fucking masterpiece. Leather, bullet belts, pentagrams, upturned crosses, and fucking thrash. This album should be the one every new metalhead should start with. No bullshit, just blasphemous thrash metal. Lombardo’s drumming is, along with the riffs, the album's highlight. He has control over his drumming and while it may not be as fast as his contemporaries in hardcore or punk, it sticks to his objective, which is to blend in with the music. The vocals of Araya cannot be left out. His is one of the most unique voices in metal and is perfect for Slayer. He has always been a great vocalist and is apt for Slayer, though some may disagree. His bass lines are quite hard to hear, but that doesn't hinder me because the overall output is great.Now to the focal point of his release and that’s the guitar work: both the riffs and the massive solos. The riffs are really catchy for all the songs here. Seems they took a good amount of time to create the riffs and the solos. There's a lot of whammy-bar usage, which is pretty great and many bands like Possessed, for one, would make this an integral part of their sound. The solos are fast and tremolo-picked and at times melodic like the one in ‘The Antichrist’. There’s always been a comparison between Kill ‘Em All and Show No Mercy, as both are killer releases, but both of them are quite different from each other. Kill ‘Em All is speed metal pretty much while Show No Mercy is pure thrash.With anti-Christian lyrical themes and imagery, one hell of an album cover, and one of the most recognizable logos in metal, Show No Mercy was destined for greatness. The production is ideal in its overall sound, but the bass is nonexistent here. I don’t think the inaudibility of the bass is a huge let off, but I think this would’ve been better if the bass were audible. I think this release was immense and catapulted Slayer to the forefront of the US thrash metal scene, which was bearing seeds for the birth of monumental thrash metal releases in the future. I’m not sure if this is my favorite Slayer release or if it’s Reign in Blood, but I guess Show No Mercy edges out Reign in Blood considering the time of its release and its classy musicianship at such a young stage in the band’s career.All of the songs here are great and it’s really hard for me to pick one or two as my favorite tracks. This release has spawned a huge number of clones, but nothing in the highest sense of the word comes close to this monumental release. Show No Mercy is one of my favorite albums and one of the greatest thrash albums ever. If you call yourself a ‘thrash-head’ and you haven’t listened to this album (I wonder if there are such people), you should kill yourself because your life isn’t valuable. Die by the Sword!While this may not be Slayer's most important 1980s album, it is fucking great for what it is. There really isn't much music here. With only 4 songs ("Aggressive Perfector" was not included on the original release), it only reaches 17 minutes in length. That being said, Slayer still manages to get the job done in this short run time, and they do it well. "Haunting the Chapel" is a non-stop thrash fest. It actually differs quite a bit from the band's debut full-length album "Show No Mercy" which was released the previous year, about six months before this. That album leaned towards the NWOBHM sound quite heavily although it injected that sound with a bit of furious thrash metal. With "Haunting the Chapel", the band tried something a bit different.Unlike "Show No Mercy" which draws a lot of its sound from the aforementioned NWOBHM movement, "Haunting the Chapel" is a full-on thrash assault. This EP contains little of the once prominent NWOBHM influence and actually showcases some of the early sounds of death metal. Now this is still a thrash EP but the death metal influence is oh so obvious. It is much faster and, well, sound so much more brutal. This is definitely one of the heaviest recordings Slayer has ever produced. "Sinister" and "evil" really are perfect adjectives that can be used to describe this music. Basically this can be noted as a transitional piece between "Show No Mercy" and the band's next full-length, "Hell Awaits". "Chemical Warfare" is probably my favorite song on this EP. It starts off with a heavy, chugging riff at a moderate pace and then, out of nowhere, a blasphemous barrage of energetic thrash riffs explode in the listener's face. "Captor of Sin" begins with a solo which is a bit odd, and somewhat sloppy. I've never listened to Slayer for the solos as Kerry King must be one of the worst guitarists to listen to for soloing. His solos tend to be all over the place. On this EP, this is really no exception. I think his solos were the best on "Show No Mercy" which happens to be my second favorite Slayer album, following "Hell Awaits". Riff wise, however, this album totally shines. "Aggressive Perfector" totally retains that evil atmosphere and is a real rocker of a track, and comes on the CD's reissue. It features some slower, more groove oriented sections in comparison to the other three tracks.The drums follow the guitars unadulterated energy extremely closely. We have the typical thrash drumming that draws its roots in hardcore punk. Tom Araya's vocals actually differ slightly here from "Show No Mercy" in that they are far darker and sound more demented. The high-pitched wails are gone and in their place remains the barking vocals Tom will continue to use throughout Slayer's longevity. And due to this, another element of the NWOBHM movement has been abandoned and honestly because of the prototype hybridized death/thrash style this EP follows, this was for the best.I can't say this is the best thing Slayer has ever done, as I do prefer the energetic "Show No Mercy" and the acclaimed "Hell Awaits" a bit more than this. This EP could definitely have been longer but was a good taste and indicator of what would eventually become of Slayer's music. Plus, "Chemical Warfare" must be one of the greatest songs Slayer has ever recorded. This is definitely one of the more evil albums from these guys and likewise, continues to remain a fan favorite.

Line-Up:

Tom Araya Vocals, Bass
Kerry King Guitars, Lyrics (tracks 5, 6, 8-10)
Jeff Hanneman (R.I.P. 2013) Guitars, Lyrics (tracks 1-4, 7, 9)
Dave Lombardo Drums

Tracklist:

Show No Mercy (1983)

01. Evil Has No Boundaries
02. The Antichrist
03. Die By The Sword
04. Fight Till Death
05. Metalstorm / Face The Slayer
06. Black Magic
07. Tormentor
08. Final Command
09. Crionics
10. Show No Mercy

Haunting The Chapel (EP) (1984)

01. Chemical Warfare
02. Captor Of Sin
03. Haunting The Chapel
04. Aggressive Perfector

+ Video "Show No Mercy" (Live Holland 1985)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2004 / NEWS 2004"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný