Statetrooper - The Calling (Japan Edition) (2004)

hudební novinky 2004 / music news 2004
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Apr 2020, 09:47

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2004 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Statetrooper was the band founded by vocalist Gary Barden following his final dismissal from the Michael Schenker Group in late 1984 and, after a few fits and starts in terms of lineup, rounded out by former members of the recently disbanded Wildfire: guitarists Jeff Summers and Martin Bushell, bassist Jeff Brown, and drummer Bruce Bisland. Keyboardist Steve Glover provided the final piece of the puzzle as the band entered the studio for 1985's She Got the Look EP (on Neat Records), but a smattering of support performances with Blue Öyster Cult and a BBC Friday Rock Show session were the only notable accomplishments sustaining Statetrooper's throughout 1986.By the time they finally received a new contract from FM Records the following year, it was only to see their management hastily compile and deliver four mediocre new songs with assorted old cuts and live tracks (including a clearly desperate re-recording of MSG's "Armed and Ready") for what became the band's understandably underwhelming eponymous debut. Guitarist Bushell had long since departed by now, and though his short-lived replacement by none other than former Thin Lizzy and Wild Horses guitarist Brian Robertson generated some much needed positive hype for Statetrooper, they would eventually collapse barely a year later. Amazingly, Barden and company would later reconvene to record arguably their first true album in 2004's The Calling -- released to rapturous public indifference.

Album:

Alongside cult classic STATETROOPER self-titled album, it was requested here as well the band's sophomore effort "The Calling", this Japanese Edition including an exclusive bonus track.After STATETROOPER disbanded in the '80d, singer Gary Barden was pretty busy fronting or recording with several acts such as PRAYING MANTIS, SILVER COMPANY OF SNAKES, then STATETROOPER finally re-united in 2004 and put out the classy new record "The Calling"."The Calling" was produced by the band and Michael Voss, Barden's bandmate in SILVER as well. Obviously, some of the songs sound a lot like Silver, they're similarly dark and grandiose. Barden's unique voice does leave its' mark on them too.The opener is the title track, a big, pompous rocker yet with sharper guitars updated to modern times. "Casablanca" follows, more melodious and similar to House Of Lords' sound at the time."I'm Alive" and "Amerisians" a quite excellent songs, both extremely melodic and catchy with huge, anthemic choruses. The intro of "I'm Alive" has a very Eighties' styled synth sequence, recalling the band's first album.The atmospheric "Love Lies Bleeding" is the better of the two ballads, the other being the somewhat tiresome "Don't Say Goodbye". "D.O.A" is a frantic hard rocker, while midtempo melodic rocker "Marionettes" includes a funny whistling part, something you wouldn't expect from this type of band."How Does It Feel" is vintage '80s' melodic rock / AOR from the Desmond Child book of songwriting, and I'll admit it, I can't resist these kinds of songs, no matter how unoriginal they may be.We find a SILVER-type of a song in "Twilight's Last Gleaming" (which at places reminds me of TEN as well), and a semi-acoustic, laid back singalong tune in "I Believe"."The Calling" is a solid album, mixing the 2000's melodic hard rock style & sound with that classic '80s melodies. A strong collection of songs that highlights what a great singer Barden is, and why his contribution to the British rock scene is just legendary.

Line Up:

Gary Barden - Vocals (Ex-MSG)
Bruce Bisland - Drums
Jeff Summers - Guitar
Martin Mikkels - Guitar
Jeff Brown - Bass

Tracklist:

01. The Calling
02. Casablanca
03. I'm Alive
04. Amerasians
05. Love Lies Bleeding
06. D.O.A.
07. Marionettes
08. Don't Say Goodbye
09. How Does It Feel
10. Twilight's Last Gleaming
11. I Believe
12. Compadres In Chaos (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2004 / NEWS 2004"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní