Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Aces High are another classy hard rock outfit from Sweden. Similar in style to bands such as Thunder, XYZ and Nevada Beach, they released their debut album in 1994. The band features drummer Anders Johansson of Malmsteen / Holdsworth fame. In common with many similar bands from that neck of the woods, Aces High write excellent rockers and even better ballads, as demonstrated with our featured number. A band certainly worthwhile adding to the collection.Aces High were formed as Eyes in 1989 by guitarist Jake Sandberg, bassist Anders Johansson and keyboardist David Brandt. Later the same year they got in touch with Danish singer Bjørn Andersen and also changed the name of the band to Aces High, since a US band named Eyes had emerged on the music scene.The following year they acquired drummer Matts Björkman (ex-Quadruple) and in 1994 they released their first album,"Ten 'N Out" which proceeded to become very successful in Japan. Fans of melodic hard rock had to wait some years for the follow-up, though. "Pull No Punches" was released in 1998, now with Björkman replaced by Anders Johansson (ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, also in Hammerfall) on drums. This prompted the bassist with the same name to start writing his name as Anders J-sson to avoid confusion. And after another long wait, they're back again with "Forgive & Forget".The album is generally very solid melodic metal, there is nothing here that truly blew me away, but then again there is nothing here that is anything below average. Vocalist Bjørn Andersen has a very distinct voice, somewhere between that of Ian Gillan and Biff Byford, the guitars are solid, with strong hooks that focus more on the song than riffing away into oblivion, whilst the hammond organ adds a Deep Purple vibe to many of the tracks.. The mix does let the album down a little, it just sounds a little flat. Yet the albums highlights like the instrumental prelude to the solo in Forgive & Forget do not suffer as a result of this.One thing that became apparent to me is that the band use much cleaner guitar sounds that many of their counterparts, this allows the tones to breathe a little more and gives a punchier edge, which does make it through the aforementioned mix. Also its plainly apparent is the band seem more concerned for the song than highlighting individual performances.Overall a solid enough slice of Scandi Melodic Metal.

Album:

Finally also 'Forgive & Forget' reaches the audience of passionate listeners of melodic hard rock. The third Aces High album was actually due to come out in 2002 for Z Records but only recently the product arrived on the market thanks to GMR. The Swedish group (in action for about ten years and with already two albums behind them) presents us within ten tracks a remarkable series of sources of inspiration and a professionalism that reveal to us the vast experience of the musicians authors of this 'Forgive & Forget'. It is not possible not to mention Anders Johansson on drums (Rising Force, Hammerfall ...) which gives dynamism and freshness to the rhythmic line, the excellent keyboardist David Brandt (author of several inserts that enrich the songs of elegance and taste ... just listen to the Deep Purple references of 'Blinded') and also the singer Bjorn Andersen, who, although not very personal, knows how to adapt to the various stylistic inclinations of the CD (to underline in particular his performance on the slow set on melodic lines certainly not foreseeable called 'Tell Me'). Considering the 'Forgive & Forget' track list, the wide range of stylistic variations presented is appreciated, starting from the heavy and powerful 'Killing Time' to move on to the melodic title track and then to the American AOR of 'Hyde My Jekill'. Continuing to listen to the CD, blues cues also emerge in songs such as 'Judas Kiss' or inviting pomp keyboard scores in 'What I Came For', a song that flows into a 70's Deep Purple-style hard rock (a feature that is repeated in the not so successful 'The Things We've Done'). The instrumental 'Legacy' that introduces us to the lackluster and conclusive 'Listen To Fools', a somewhat dull hard rock song, is really useless. To conclude, we can say that 'Forgive & Forget' has highly professional and tasteful numbers which lead us to recommend listening to the product and possibly purchasing it, without prejudice to a few subdued episodes that partially weaken the value of the album.

Line Up:

Bjorn "Nikki" Anderson - vocals
Anders Johansson - Drums
Jake Sandberg - Lead Guitar
David Brandt - Keyboards
Anders J:Son - Bass

Produced by: Aces High

Tracklist:

01. Killing Time 4:56
02. Forgive & Forget 5:56
03. Hyde My Jekyll 4:40
04. Tell Me 5:26
05. Blinded 3:50
06. Judas Kiss 4:28
07. What I Came For 5:50
08. The Things We've Done 5:05
09. Legacy 3:11
10. Listen To Fools 5:14

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2004 / NEWS 2004"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní