Shakra - Power Ride (2001) (AFM Records Edition 2005)

hudební novinky 2005 / music news 2005
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Jan 2023, 10:44

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2001 (AFM Records Edition 2005)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

With their first releases "Shakra" (1997), and "Moving Force" (1999), and by touring with Great White and Uriah Heep, the early career of this Swiss band was a steep learning curve with dramatic success but the real breakthrough came with their third record "Power Ride" (2001) when singer Pete Wiedmer was forced to leave the band because of ill health, replaced by Mark Fox. Mark immediately put his stamp on the following album "Rising" (2003), which saw Shakra rise higher on the career ladder than ever before and hit the German and Swiss album charts. The band played several concerts and festivals, one of which was the prestigious "Bang Your Head" event. The controversial video clip for the song "Chains Of Temptation" showed singer Fox giving himself a heroin injection.And, after supporting Iron Maiden at the Swiss "Spirit Of Rock" festival, Shakra then took the decision to tour through 12 countries with HammerFall and Stratovarius. The band played a huge show in Zurich with Guns N' Roses in 2006.Shortly after the Everest album was released, Mark Fox left the band and was replaced by John Prakesh on vocals.New releases include "Back On Track" in Feb 2011 and "Powerplay" in Jan 2013.

Album:

'Power Ride' is the third album and many fans called it their best. I tend to agree with it but then I found that most of SHAKRA's albums are in the same quality and quite similar to one another so it's difficult to really pick which one is the best. One thing that's obvious is 'Power Ride' is more melodic than the first two albums and greatly outlines the awesome vocal delivery of Pete Wiedmer.'Why Don't You Call Me' is a monster opener. 'The Sun Will Shine' and 'In Your Eyes' are also equal in strength, and the semi-ballad, 'Out In The Rain', was slipped nicely before they crank this up again with 'Get It All Out'. Muster and Blunier did a fantastic job here with a monstrous riffs and abundant melodies. Probably only 'A Dollar Too Much' that can compete with that song.'She's My Pride' is passable filler and I'm glad that's the only poor thing here. The rest are very solid, from the dark vibe on 'Tell Me' all the way to the heart-pumping, 'The Way Back Home' and 'Too Close'. You'll also be greeted with an outstanding backing vocal and some incinerating solos all the way from first song to the end. The production is also great. If you're new to SHAKRA, take 'Power Ride' for the starter, you won't be disappointed.

Line-Up:

Pete Wiedmer - Vocals
Thomas Muster - Guitars (1997-present)
Thom Blunier - Guitars (lead) (1997-present) (ex-Ruckus)
Oliver Linder - Bass (2008-present)
Roger Tanner - Drums (1997-present) (ex-Evidence One)

Tracklist:

01. Power Ride (Intro) (0:34)
02. Why Don't You Call Me (4:00)
03. Watching You (03:30)
04. The Sun Will Shine (3:43)
05. Out In The Rain (3:49)
06. In Your Eyes (4:55)
07. Get It All Out (3:22)
08. A Dollar Too Much (3:32)
09. She's My Pride (05:17)
10. Tell Me (3:47)
11. The Way Back Home (3:22)
12. Too Close (3:37)
13. Take My Hand (3:59)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2005 / NEWS 2005"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní