Sassy Scarlet - What Were Once Vices...Are Now Habits! (2005)

hudební novinky 2005 / music news 2005
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Apr 2021, 15:48

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2005 (Loop Sonic Records Edition)
Style : Sleaze Glam Hard Rock , Punk Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 70 mb

Bio:

Sassy Scarlet, AKA The Sassy Scarlet Show, was a glam/punk band from Montreal founded in 1986 by Ky Anto which featured, among others, Ky on vocals and guitar, Nicky Shad on bass, G. Lavoie and Stacey Straye on guitar.Ky Anto is known to many, yet few are aware of his multi-talented and ubiquitous nature. Ky has come a long way from cutting his teeth with his Montreal glam-punk project Sassy Scarlet in the early 90’s, to relocating to Toronto seven years ago to lead the music direction of Robin Black & the I.R.S. (as bassist and guitarist ‘Killer Ky’). He’s also had the pleasure of backing the likes of Sylvain Sylvain (New York Dolls) and Michael Monroe (Hanoi Rocks).Ky has also played guitar for Neil Leyton off and on for around six years. The two first met through Stacey Straye, while Stacey and Neil were playing in Conscience Pilate and Ky had Sassy Scarlet (which Stacey had also played in before joining The Conscience Pilate).Though he never boasts, his musical hooks and lyrics reveal a muti-faceted mind that is sharper than most rock ‘n’ rollers. He has a cunning ability to pierce to the heart of the truth, seeing through the industry’s smoke-screens, on the musical and personal levels alike.Ky continues to play with the legendary Robin Black, and also continues to produce his own solo material as well as that of other local Canadian artists, including Crash Kelly, Cheerleader 666 and Crazy Babies.

Album:

More than ten years on from its original release, here is a unique opportunity to own Sassy Scarlet's truly fantastic glam-punk creation in a re-mastered format. This little gem is only available in limited quantities so you'd better be quick off the mark if you want a copy, if in fact there are any still left. And of course (as if you didn't know) Sassy Scarlet were fronted by legendary guitarist Ky Anto of Robin Black fame, heard here on lead vocals and showing another of his abilities to the full - is there no end to this man's talents?Put simply, this CD is superb from the outset. Track one is a fantastic punked up cover version of 'What a Wonderful World' by Louis Armstrong, what a bizarre choice, but it works beautifully. You have to credit Sassy Scarlet for turning this around into a great version with some clever changes to the melody.The whole CD rocks from start to finish but I did think I was listening to the 'Peppermint Creeps/Lollipop Bitches' when I listened to track 2, the similarity is unbelievable and then I saw another similarity - track number 4 is called 'Lollipop Bitch'. Given that Sassy Scarlet was formed around the early 90's and that this has been out of circulation for a decade, I guess I now know who one of the Peppermint Creeps influences were and who can blame them, look what Ky has gone on to achieve as a solo artist and with Robin Black.The other cover (of which there are three in total) that deserves a mention is 'S.O.S.' by, wait for it… ABBA of all bands, but once again, it's sleazed up with notable melody differences and is just fantastic. You really have to credit some bands by the way in, which they pick the most obscure covers and transform them so well into their own interpretations.Riddled with crunching riffs throughout especially on the likes of 'Chinese Rocks' and 'Anna Rexic', this is a real must for fans of glam-punk and Ky Anto not least because it's a real rarity. It just oozes class so if there's a CD that can wait just a little bit longer, don't wait another ten years - spend your hard earned cash on this now or live to regret it.Track 1 originally performed by Louis Armstrong.Track 3 originally performed by ABBA.Track 5 originally performed by The Heartbreakers.

Line Up:

Ky Anto - vocals, guitars, bass, drums, programming, backing vocals
Nicky Shad - bass
G. Lavoie - guitar
Stacey Straye - guitar

Production:

Producer, Arranged By, Written-By, Remastered By, Recorded By – Ky Anto
Recorded By [Additional Recording], Mastered By [Additional Mastering] – Adrian Gorizzan

Tracklist:

01. What A Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong Cover)
02. The Electric Dollroom
03. SOS (ABBA Cover)
04. Lollipop Bitch
05. Chinese Rocks (Ramones/The Heartbreakers Cover)
06. Sick Things
07. I’m A Doll
08. My Face
09. Plastic Boy Toy
10. Anna Rexic
11. Petroleum Kick
12. Lonely Star

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2005 / NEWS 2005"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných