Heaven - Knockin' On Heaven's Door (1985) (SG Records Edition 2005)

hudební novinky 2005 / music news 2005
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 26 Máj 2020, 13:27

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (SG Records Edition 2005)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 174 mb

Bio:

Heaven is band from Sydney, Australia that formed in 1980.The band recorded three albums and toured throughout the United States during the 1980s. The group's original style was similar to that of AC/DC but in later years went in a more commercial heavy metal direction along the lines of Judas Priest.The band was originally formed in Adelaide under the name Fat Lip, which featured Scottish-born Allan Fryer, bassist Laurie Marlow, and drummer Joe Turtur. Soon after the band moved to Sydney, AC/DC singer Bon Scott died in London and some unsubstantiated reports suggested that band was considering Fryer as a replacement. Fryer left Fat Lip and returned to Adelaide but he was never called upon to audition. Once back in Sydney, Fat Lip now consisted of Fryer and Marlow, Aldo Civitico (ex-Scandal) on drums and guitarist Bradford Kelly, originally from the band Swanee. Civitico dropped out just before the band signed its record deal, and Turtur joined the band. John Haese was also added as rhythm guitarist. Shortly afterward, Fat Lip came to the attention of Michael Browning, a Sydney music industry figure who had managed AC/DC in the 1970s and had just started a new record label called DeLuxe, to which he had signed INXS . Fat Lip began recording an album for DeLuxe, but changed its name to Heaven during the sessions. The album, Twilight of Mischief, was preceded in late 1981 by a single, "Fantasy". A second single, "In the Beginning" became the album's title track when it was released by CBS in the US under that name.John Haese left Heaven after the album was released and was replaced by Mick Cocks, formerly of Rose Tattoo. After a successful Australian tour supporting Iron Maiden, the band then went to the United States and also found some success there, particularly on the West Coast and toured with Judas Priest, Mötley Crüe, Black Sabbath and Kiss. They recorded a second album for RCA during 1983 called Where Angels Fear to Tread. The album was supported by a single, "Rock School" and featured guest contributions from Ronnie James Dio, Lita Ford and Glenn Hughes. After this, Cocks and Turtur left Heaven.Former AC/DC bass player Mark Evans and John Lalor were brought in as replacements (possibly the only time Evans was featured as a guitarist) but the relationship ended directly after a successful headlining tour of Australia. Heaven disbanded due to conflicts with Fryer.In 1984, Fryer recruited drummer Tommy Dimitroff and returned to America to reform Heaven, this time with ex-Talas guitarist Mitch Perry and New York City musician Mark Cunningham who had most recently been in a band called Cathedral. Dennis Feldman, formerly of Ram-Jam and The Michael Schenker group also joined the new Heaven line-up on bass and the group recorded the album. Columbia A&R man, Mason Munoz, signed the band and recruited Paul O'Neill to produce and co-write the album Knocking on Heaven's Door. The album's title track was a heavy metal cover of the Bob Dylan song. However prior to completion, Munoz was replaced by a new A&R representative and Columbia brought in another mixer. After this, Fryer moved to Texas and forged ahead keeping the Heaven name alive with local talent such as Guitarist Perry Parris, Scott Howe, John Paul Dutton, Rodger "bam-bam" Weiss, Bryan Cameron and Timi Heiser. Nye Jones, Scott Cothren and Steve Dainhart recorded Time For Terror. The players from Austin Texas also recorded on the Mötley Crüe Tribute CD Home Sweet Home and was the number one voted song on the CD. The song was written by Allan Fryer and Tommy Lee and dedicated to Vince Neils' daughter, Skylar Neil who died from cancer. All the CD proceeds went to the Skylar Neil Memorial Fund.In 1985 Heaven opened up for Christian metal band Stryper in Corpus Christi Texas.Kelly, Marlow, Fryer and Haese reformed Heaven in Sydney in 1998 to play two shows, with Theo Kats and Joe Turtur alternating behind the drum kit. After this, Kats and Marlow started working on new material with guitarist Kevin Pratt. Pratt had featured in Sydney bands Boss and BB Steal during the 1980s, recording an album with each. The collaboration was designed as a new Heaven album but Fryer returned home to Texas and the project ran out of money. Yet another reformation happened in 2001 however, when Fryer, Marlow, Kats and Pratt recruited guitarist Ross Flynn and toured as Heaven in support of Judas Priest's Australian tour.[2] Immediately after these shows, Fryer again returned to America.On 4 June 2015 it was announced that Heaven's vocalist, Allan Fryer, had died after a long battle with cancer. He was survived by his daughter, Kallan and four grandchildren.

​Album:

HEAVEN's album "Knockin' On Heaven's Door", remastered plus bonus tracks.This Australian act should be one most underappreciated hard rock bands of all time. Their albums were always hard to find, much sought after by fans of classic '80s sharp edged hard rock.There was two remastered versions of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" with different bonus tracks. The more recent (I never heard it) includes as bonus the band's '88 demo, but I am happily stick with this first remaster because it's done in the old fashioned way: just a proper digital transfer enhanced avoiding brickwall / compression distortion.And I said 'was', as both remastered reissues seems out of print now - Heaven albums seems to be destined to be hard to find...A remaining copy (check below) of this version is being sold at £406... crazy.Additionaly, I prefer this release as the bonus tracks are more representative to the "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" era.These are a previously unreleased studio track, plus a live recording (well captured) of tracks from Heaven previous albums, hence, no tracks repeated on this disc.Speaking about "Knockin' On Heaven's Door", originally appeared in 1985 this record represented a slightly change of sound in favor to the more commercial, melodic trend of the mid-Eighties.Recorded in the USA at Record Plant, N.Y.C. and co-produced by John Jansen (Meat Loaf, Eric Clapton), the aim for the Aussie band was to enter into the profitable American market, thus, reaching world-wide audiences.In terms of sound, I always found this album similar to Helix at the time (mid-Eighties) and several other influences, of course.Yes, before Guns N' Roses, it was Heaven who recorded a 'power ballad' version of the Bob Dylan classic "Knockin' On Heaven's Door". They also choose it as the album's title, and their cover is very, very well done if you ask me.But the CD opens with “Show On The Road”, a pumping rocker that sounds like a kick ass blend of Icon and Keel. Every time I play this song I want to rip the knob off my stereo. Killer riff.Next, “Wink Of An Eye” is a super catchy rocker that will have you signing along in no time. It's driven by a dry infectious guitar riff, there's classic '80s synths in the mix, and overall there's an anthemic Helix feel on display.It's follewed by the mentioned “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”, then “No Turning Back” is just another killer track that reminds me of early Def Leppard. The clean electric guitar that opens this song (and the main riff) bring to mind of 'Die Hard The Hunter'.“Last Laugh” is another hit worthy tune with that would not have sounded out of place on any of the first Keel records, but the riff has a lot of Ratt as well. Kickin'!More drive is delivered with "Burn", the British influenced "Without Your Love" (akin Tobruk or Shy), and the great ballad "No Where To Run", again with some of the good ole Def Leppard on it.But before these, you have "Keep The Fire", definitely one of my favorites on the album, simply because it's the more AOR oriented of the bunch. Midtempo, clean guitars and a lovely melody. Love it.“Rock On” is a studio bonus track that was added to the reissue of this CD. It is a such a great tune that I can’t figure out why this would have ever been left off of the original LP.The remaining bonuses are captured live 1984, songs from Heaven previous albums showcasing how hot they were on stage.Pretty unknown for general fans of the genre, Heaven's "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" is a very, very good record that will surprise you.During the band's initial period of success, guitarist Bradford Kelly designed the Jackson Kelly guitar for US guitar makers Jackson. Kelly died in 2004 after being ill for some time.

Line Up:

Allan Fryer - lead vocals (R.I.P. 2015)
Mitch Perry - guitar, keyboards, vocals
Mark Cunningham - guitar
Dennis Feldman - bass, vocals
Tommy Dimitroff - drums
Doug Katsaros - backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Show on the Road 3:50
02. Wink of an Eye 3:51
03. Knockin on Heaven's Door 4:23 Cover: Bob Dylan
04. No Turning Back 4:51
05. Last Laugh 3:47
06. Burn 4:16
07. Keep the Fire 4:54
08. Without Your Love 5:12
09. No Where to Run 4:08
10. Rock On (Previously Unreleased) (Bonus Track)
11. Hard Life [Live] (Bonus Track)
12. Where Angels Fear To Tread [Live] (Bonus Track)
13. Love Child [Live] (Bonus Track)
14. In The Beginning [Live] (Bonus Track)
15. Madness [Live] (Bonus Track)
16. Rock School [Live] (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2005 / NEWS 2005"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných