Diving For Pearls - Diving For Pearls (1989) (Rock Candy Remastered 2006)

hudební novinky 2006 / music news 2006
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Mar 2021, 10:58

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (Rock Candy Remastered 2006)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 159 mb

Bio:

Diving for Pearls was an American rock band that released their first album in 1989. They were founded in 1988 in New York City by Danny Malone and named from a line in an Elvis Costello song. Diving for Pearls began generating a significant amount of major label interest once Yul Vazquez (guitar) and Peter Clemente (drums) joined Danny (lead vocals, guitar) and Jack Moran (keyboards), who were members of The Trademarks, a local band out of Boston prior to moving to New York. Shortly thereafter, the band signed to Epic Records and had two hit songs with "Gimme Your Good Lovin'" (see video link) and the album oriented radio station favorite "I Don't Want To Cry". Their album was named as one of KERRANG's Top 20 for 1989. The band consisted of Danny Malone (vocals, guitar), Yul Vazquez (Guitar, vocals), Jack Moran (keyboards), David Weeks (bass) and Peter Clemente (drums).In 2002 Danny Malone resurrected Diving for Pearls and secured a recording contract with Atenzia Records. In 2006 they released a CD of new material titled Texas. This was their first release in 17 years. The band now consisted of Malone as the only original member along with contributions from Producer David Prater. Though the CD was well written and performed it received little fanfare.

Album:

THE LATE ’80s produced a plethora of melodic rock acts from North America – none more special than Diving For Pearls. Led by supremely talented frontman Danny Malone, this NYC-based five- piece forged one of the finest records of the era (this one) at a time when the likes of Bon Jovi, Winger, White Lion & Whitesnake were receiving platinum trophies as a matter of course. Fêted by the critics and embraced by American radio programmers, the DFP album made an immediate impact and looked set to take the band to the top of the AOR mountain. However, despite healthy international interest plus sales at home of nearly 250,000, a series of promotional hiccups and marketing blunders left this David Prater-produced project floundering, forcing the band to abandon any dreams of melodic rock supremacy. Failed potential aside, the ensuing years have been increasingly kind to DFP, with many revaluating their debut (a Kerrang! Top 20 Album in 1989) as quite possibly one of the most overlooked works of a time when great hooks, savage guitars, enthralling song structures and expressive vocals ruled the world with a rod of (velvet-coated) iron. 24-bit remastering from original source tapes, huge story of Diving For Pearls liner notes, tons of additional photos and memorabilia spread out over a 16 page full colour booklet. First time on CD and featuring 5 bonus tracks! Track listing: 'Gimme Your Good Lovin', 'Have You Forgotten', 'I Close My Eyes', 'New Moon', 'Never On Monday', 'You're All I Know', 'Mystery To Me', 'I Don't Want To Cry', 'Keep Your Love Alive', 'The Girl Can't Stop It'. Bonus tracks: 'Dear Prudence (demo), 'I Close My Eyes' (live), 'Gimme Your Good Lovin' (live), 'The Girl Can't Stop It' (live), 'She Sells Sanctuary' (live).

Line Up:

Danny Malone - vocals and guitars
Yul Vazquez - guitar and vocals
Jack Moran - keyboards
David Weeks - bass
Peter Clemente - drums

Tracklist:

01. Gimme Your Good Lovin' 4:16
02. Have You Forgotten? 3:42
03. I Close My Eyes 3:50
04. New Moon 4:03
05. Never on Monday 3:25
06. You're All I Know 4:46
07. Mystery Me 4:01
08. I Don't Want to Cry 4:04
09. Keep Our Love Alive 3:28
10. The Girl Can't Stop It 3:37
11. Dear Prudence (Demo) (Bonus Track)
12. I Close My Eyes (Live) (Bonus Track)
13. Gimme Your Good Lovin' (Live) (Bonus Track)
14. The Girl Can't Stop It (Live) (Bonus Track)
15. She Sells Sanctuary (Live) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 1 neregistrovaný