Loverboy - Loverboy (1980) (BGO Digitally Remastered 2006)

hudební novinky 2006 / music news 2006
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Feb 2021, 08:52

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1980 (BGO Digitally Remastered 2006)
Style : Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

Loverboy is a Canadian rock group formed in 1979 in Calgary, Alberta. Throughout the 1980s, the band accumulated numerous hit songs in Canada and the United States, earning four multi-platinum albums and selling millions of records. After being rejected by many American record labels, they signed with Columbia/CBS Records Canada and began recording their first album March 20, 1980, with Mike Reno (born in New Westminster, B.C. January 8, 1955 and previously with Moxy as Mike Rynoski) on lead vocals, Paul Dean (born in Vancouver, B.C. on February 19, 1946; previously with Streetheart and Scrubbaloe Caine) on guitars and vocals, Jim Clench (formerly of April Wine and BTO, who was born in Montreal May 1, 1949 but was quickly replaced by Scott Smith born in Winnipeg, MB on February 13, 1955) on bass guitar, Doug Johnson (born in New Westminster December 19, 1957) on keyboards, and Matt Frenette (born in Calgary on March 7, 1954) on drums (also a former Streetheart alumnus). The band's hit singles, particularly "Turn Me Loose" and "Working for the Weekend", have become arena rock staples and are still heard on many classic rock and classic hits radio stations across the United States and Canada. They are currently based in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Album:

Here's the remastered reissue of LOVERBOY's self-titled debut, released by BGO Records in a 2-on-1 CD including second album Get Lucky.Formed in 1979 in Calgary, Alberta, Loverboy was a hit machine from the start, with their self-titled debut spawning the classics 'The Kid Is Hot Tonite' and 'Turn Me Loose' plenty of synths & steady guitars, which have become arena rock staples.With a sonic dream-team including Bruce Fairbairn producing and Bob Rock &Mike Fraser engineering, the band fronted by talented vocalist Mike Reno and conducted by guitarist Paul Dean created a catchy, almost danceable melodic rock / AOR / rock&pop debut here.The most impressive songs are the ones that earned the band their early airplay: 'The Kid Is Hot Tonite' is a radio-ready rocker that slickly balances midtempo guitar riffs with surging synthesizer lines, and "Turn Me Loose" is a clever multi-genre hybrid that blends hard rock guitar, a jumpy beat, and AOR keyboard flourishes into a final product with across-the-board appeal. The remaining songs are just as interesting as the hits because they are similar in style and energy: 'Teenage Overdose' blends gritty hot guitar riffs with snarling lyrics and a pop melody, while 'Little Girl' filters classic rock through new wave sonic techniques to create a retro-styled power pop tune worthy of Cheap Trick. These ambitious hybrids are performed with style and economy by the band, and special note should also be taken of Mike Reno's vocals: whether he's paying tribute to the greats on 'Little Girl' or hitting the peak of his falsetto range in 'Turn Me Loose', he tackles every number with vivacity and verve. The end result alongside the bright production makes perfect car stereo listening - the ultimate compliment for an AOR record. In short, Loverboy is a must for the group's fans and an excellent pick for anyone who enjoys the classic, unrepeatable '80s sounds. This is a really good remaster giving the original some air without losing its essence.

Line Up:

Mike Reno: lead vocals
Paul Dean: guitar, vocals
Doug Johnson: keyboards, vocals
Scott Smith: bass, vocals
Matt Frenette: drums
additional personnel:
Wayne Kozak: saxophone
Nancy Nash: lead and background vocals
Maggie Ryder: background vocals

Tracklist:

01. Kid Is Hot Tonite 4:24
02. Turn Me Loose 5:35
03. Always on My Mind 3:31
04. Lady of the 80's 5:05
05. Little Girl 3:55
06. Prissy Prissy 4:21
07. Teenage Overdose 4:14
08. D.O.A. 3:38
09. It Don't Matter 4:56

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní