Wig Wam - Hard To Be A Rock'n Roller... In Tokyo (2005) (Japan Edition 2006)

hudební novinky 2006 / music news 2006
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Jan 2021, 12:19

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2005 (Japan Edition 2006)
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 202 mb

Bio:

Wig Wam was a Norwegian glam metal band.Wig Wam comes from Halden, Norway, and they were founded in 2001. Before their establishment the band members were already active in the music business, playing in bands like Dream Police, Artch, Sha-Boom, Ole Evenrud and Alien, or as solo artists. Wig Wam worked hard to get to the top of the national charts, starting their career with numerous live performances across the country, quickly becoming one of Norway's most popular live bands. Their fan base is known as Wig Wamaniacs.In 2004 the band released its debut album "667 ... The Neighbour Of The Beast", which was also released in Sweden. Amongst other things, the album contains a cover of Mel C.'s no. 1 hit I Turn to You. After qualifying for the Eurovision Song Contest in Ukraine, Wig Wam are going to release their album all over Europe, in a new version called "Hard To Be A Rock'n'Roller…In Kiev", including the hit "In My Dreams". Among their musical idols, Wig Wam count the groups KISS and Sweet.In November 2005 the band released their first DVD 'Rock 'N' Roll Revolution 2005' showing the highlights from Wig Wam's best year so far. Included in this DVD is 'Wig Wam Symphonic'. In March 2006 the band released its second full album Wig Wamania with much better distribution around Europe. In July 2006 Wig Wamania was also released in Japan by King Records with 3 bonus tracks. By the end of August Wig Wam’s previous album also hit the Japanese market. The album’s Japanese edition with 3 bonus tracks is being slightly retitled to “Hard To Be A Rock’n Roller… In Tokyo!”.The band released their third studio album Non Stop Rock'n Roll on January 22, 2010.In January 2010 Wig Wam were announced as the support act for KISS at Valhall in Oslo on June 14, 2010. In May 2012 they will release their fourth album via Frontiers Records called Wall Street.In March 2014 they announced that the band would part ways after thirteen years.

Album:

WIG WAM's Japanese recent reissues as part of the Metal Frontier Archive Collection Series. The band's debut Hard To Be A Rock'n Roller was many years out of print and these 2015 reissues are more than welcomed. This is the original edition though, exactly the same.For the Japanese market, the album was re-titled "Hard To Be A Rock'n Roller... In Tokyo".The record was originally released in Scandivavia under the funny name '667... The Neighbour Of The Beast'. The CD increased the band's reputation in Norway and the rest of Scandinavia, and when Wig Wam did the Eurovision Song Contest appearance in 2005, this led to the reissue of the album.The reissue included that song performed at Eurovision ('In My Dreams') plus the instrumental track 'The Drop'. For its European version it was re-titled Hard To Be a Rock'n Roller.. In Kiev!, and "Hard To Be A Rock'n Roller.. In Tokyo!" in this Japanese Edition, plus 3 bonus tracks.Formed by ex-members of top notch Scandinavian acts namely Dream Police, Sha-Boom and Artch, fronted by Åge Sten Nilsen aka 'Glam' Wig Wam took the world by storm in the past decade, in many ways responsible of the Melodic Hard Rock / Glam resurgence.'In My Dreams' is a great Melodic Rock song spiced with AORish touches in a beautiful '80s fashioned way. Superb melody, fantastic guitars, multi-layered choruses, outstanding lead vocals and unspeakable fun.There are other songs of this style, too, although never carbon copy. Most are influenced by Northern Europe's guitar-driven bands like Dalton, Jaded Heart, Bonfire, even Gotthard when more modern aspects like samples are used, polished in the unique Scandi way.All is balanced by sleazy glam ('Car-Lyle'), bluesy hard rock ('A Long Way To Go') and heartbreak ballads such as the elaborated 'Out Of Time' and 'Tell Me Where To Go' including acoustics.Then, there is an impressive guitar-driven little instrumental ('Erection') and a fun cover of Melanie C's 'I Turn To You'.The production, arrangements and instrumentation are great, and of course Åge Sten Nilsen (now fronting Ammunition) is at the top of his game. He can sing literally everything and elevates each song so ideally and takes advantage of any of his natural skills so much that one could think that "Hard To Be A Rock'N'Roller… In Tokyo" is a greatest hits collection. All his textures and vocal expression are flawless.This Japanese Edition includes 3 bonus tracks; the fun 'Dschinghis Khan', a hot cover of Sweet's classic 'Ballroom Blitz' and another cover, Wig Wam's take on Kiss 'I Was Made For Loving You'.The latter is originated before the band recorded this album. Wig Wam collaborated with ex-Kiss guitarist Bruce Kulick for an extended version of 'I Was Made For Loving You' that would be included in a Kiss Army Norway tribute album. This is a much more glammy, hair metal version of the Kiss classic.A great Melodic Hard Rock album.

Line-Up:

Glam vocals, acoustic guitars
Teeny guitars, backing vocals, producer
Sporty drums
Flash bass, backing vocals

Jonas Groth additional backing vocals (track 1)
Firehouse Kid Squad additional backing vocals (track 1)
Erik 'Hawk' Hauksson additional backing vocals
Trude Holter additional backing vocals
Stian Joneid additional backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. In My Dreams
02. 667
03. The Best Song in the World
04. Crazy Things
05. Bless the Night
06. The Drop
07. No More Living on Lies
08. Out of Time
09. Mine All Mine
10. Tell Me Where to Go
11. Car-Lyle
12. Erection
13. I Turn to You
14. A Long Way
15. Hard to Be a Rock'N Roller
16. I Was Made For Loving You (Japan Bonus Track)
17. Dschinghis Khan (Japan Bonus Track)
18. Ballroom Blitz (Japan Bonus Track)

+ Video "Hard To Be A Rock'N'Roller" (Official Video)
+ Video "In My Dreams" (International Promo Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní