Twisted Sister - You Can't Stop Rock'n'Roll (1983) (Remastered Edition 2006)

hudební novinky 2006 / music news 2006
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Nov 2020, 08:13

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 (Remastered Edition 2006)
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 127 mb

Bio:

Twisted Sister is an American hard rock band from Long Island, New York. Twisted Sister's most well-known hits include "We're Not Gonna Take It" and "I Wanna Rock". Many of the band's songs explore themes of parent vs. child conflicts and criticisms of the educational system.While the band members' famously cross-dressed appearance might seem to link them with the 1980s glam metal movement, Twisted Sister's aggressive musical style was coupled with a more grotesque use of makeup and women's clothing resulting in a product quite distinct from the more hedonistic androgyny of glam metal groups like Mötley Crüe, Ratt and Poison. Often considered glam metal for their image,the band rejects the "glam metal" tag as inappropriate.Twisted Sister are also ranked No. 73 in VH1's 100 greatest artists of hard rock.

Album:

You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll is the second studio album by American heavy metal band Twisted Sister, released on June 27, 1983.The songs "The Kids Are Back", "I Am (I'm Me)," and the album's title track were released as singles. The album was certified as a Gold Album for USA for selling over 500,000 items.“Metal-rules.com” put the album in their list of “The Top 100 Heavy Metal Albums”.Though one can question a second reissue of TWISTED SISTER's "You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll" albeit a remastered one, there is one point that is inarguable; this is hands down the definitive album from the storied Long Island act. The cross-dressing toughies will forever be associated with the commercial smash success of "Stay Hungry" and its overplayed anthem "We're Not Gonna Take It", but when it comes to genuine rough 'n ready heavy metal played from the heart, it is "You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll" that beats the "Under The Blade" debut (but not by much), "Stay Hungry", and the subsequent uninspired albums.A dense, bass-y, and dirty sound that had some complaining about a lack of high frequency suits the hardass delivery and the remastering does little to change it. The approach is frill-free and mostly balls out, reminding in general of late '70s SAXON crossed with AC/DC and topped off with a thin layer of glam and rock theater that owes more to ALICE COOPER that it does the NEW YORK DOLLS. Even the first verse of opener and statement of intent "The Kids are Back" has Snider doing a dead-on Alice impression. "Like A Knife In The Back" and "Ride to Live, Live to Ride" became immediate live staples, the latter with some of Snider's most memorable lines ("Have a drink of some coke, gasoline or some rope"), the latter a true anthem.This is also an album filled with memorable and rough edged metal/rock riffs, not to mention flame-throwing solos, from Jay Jay French and Eddie "Fingers" Ojeda, which are no more evident than on the outstanding title track that closes the album. Its Angus/Malcolm-style riff is still one of the SISTER's best. But one mustn't forget the Neanderthal bass pounding of Mark "The Animal" Mendoza whose patented pump is integral to the verse of "I've Had Enough" and more than anywhere else as part of the intro-build on "The Power And The Glory", which soon explodes into a vintage heavy metal crusher. When Snider yells "That's right!" to signal yet another screaming solo during the song it is a true goose-bumps moment and still is to this day. "We're Gonna Make It" (with another basic riff that is hotter than hell), the grooving "I've Had Enough", and up-tempo rocker "I'll Take You Alive" are also rock solid cuts.And if it's pop sensibility you want, look no further than "I Am (I'm Me)". Defined by a simple and uncannily catchy chorus and a middle finger expression of defiance to those that look down their noses at those living outside of societal convention is to many a fan the quintessential TWISTED SISTER anthem, more so than "We're Not Gonna Take It" Even the power ballad, "You're Not Alone (Suzette's Song)" is a keeper; a splendid combo of jagged NYC edges and '50s/'60s chorus melody. The bonus material is also strong and includes the interestingly titled bass pumper "Four Barrel Heart of Love", the strutting R&B of "One Man Woman", and the nuts and bolts heavy metal force of "Feel The Power".Those that wrote off TWISTED SISTER based on impressions of a couple of overplayed videos never took the time to see this band of trouble makers for who they really years before commercial successful arrived; an ass-kickin' bunch of wild rock 'n roll dogs that wrote more than their fair share of anthems and never disappointed an audience. You only need to watch the "Live At Wacken: The Reunion" DVD to see for yourself. But if you really want to hear the spirit of TWISTED SISTER in all its primal glory, then start your journey with "You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll".

Line-Up:

Dee Snider – lead vocals
Eddie "Fingers" Ojeda – lead guitar
Jay Jay French – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
Mark "The Animal" Mendoza – bass, backing vocals
A. J. Pero – drums, percussion

Production:

Stuart Epps - producer, engineer, mixing

Tracklist:

01. The Kids Are Back (3:16)
02. Like a Knife in the Back (3:04)
03. Ride to Live, Live to Ride (4:04)
04. I Am (I'm Me) (3:35)
05. The Power and the Glory (4:21)
06. We're Gonna Make It (3:44)
07. I've Had Enough (4:02)
08. I'll Take You Alive (3:08)
09. You're Not Alone (Suzette's Song) (4:03)
10. You Can't Stop Rock'n'Roll (4:40)
11. One Man Woman (Bonus Track) (3:10)
12. Four Barrel Heart of Love (Bonus Track) (3:05)
13. Feel the Power (Bonus Track) (3:12)

+ Video "You Can't Stop Rock N' Roll" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných