Helloween - Chameleon (1993) (2CD) (Sanctuary Records Expanded Remastered Edition 2006)

hudební novinky 2006 / music news 2006
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Helloween - Chameleon (1993) (2CD) (Sanctuary Records Expanded Remastered Edition 2006)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Nov 2020, 07:55

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1993 (Scarecrow Records Expanded Remastered Edition 2006)
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 234 mb

Bio:

Helloween is a German power metal band founded in 1984 in Hamburg, Northern Germany. The band is a pioneering force in the power metal subgenres and their second and third studio albums, Keeper of the Seven Keys Part I and Part II, are considered masterpieces of the genre. Twelve musicians have been a part of the band's line-up in its history, which has consisted of singer Andi Deris, guitarists Michael Weikath and Sascha Gerstner, bass guitarist Markus Grosskopf, and drummer Daniel Löble since 2005.Helloween was formed in 1984 by members of bands Iron Fist, Gentry, and Powerfool. Its first line-up consisted of Weikath, Grosskopf, singer and guitarist Kai Hansen and drummer Ingo Schwichtenberg. After the release of a self-titled EP and a first album in 1985, it expanded into a quintet when singer Michael Kiske joined, with Hansen only acting as guitarist. Under this line-up, they released the Keeper of the Seven Keys albums (1987 and 1988), which established Helloween as a notable heavy metal band and led to the creation of the power metal subgenre. However, Hansen left the band quickly after the release of Part II and was replaced by Roland Grapow. He then created the band Gamma Ray.Helloween's first two albums without Hansen, Pink Bubbles Go Ape (1991) and Chameleon (1993), were commercial and critical failures,which created tensions between band members and led to the firing of Schwichtenberg and the departure of Kiske. They were replaced by Uli Kusch and Andi Deris respectively. The albums released under this line-up, consisting of Master of the Rings (1994), The Time of the Oath (1996), Better Than Raw (1998) and The Dark Ride (2000), received a warm reception from both fans and critics, gradually establishing Helloween as a successful band again.However, tensions following the release of The Dark Ride led to the dismissals of both Grapow and Kusch, who then went on to found Masterplan together. Grapow was replaced by Gerstner, but the attempts to find a new drummer were chaotic and no band member was credited for drums on the album Rabbit Don't Come Easy (2003). The band finally found a stable drummer in the person of Löble in 2005. Under this new and current line-up, the longest in its history, the band has released four successful studio albums: Keeper of the Seven Keys: The Legacy (2005), Gambling with the Devil (2007), 7 Sinners (2010), and Straight Out of Hell (2013), with all members except Löble contributing to songwriting.Since its creation, Helloween has released fourteen studio albums, three live albums, three EPs, and twenty-seven singles, and has sold more than five million records worldwide.

Album:

Chameleon is the fifth studio album by German power metal band Helloween, released in 1993.It is their most musically adventurous release, but also their least commercially successful, and last studio album to feature singer Michael Kiske and original drummer Ingo Schwichtenberg. Helloween's 1993 release Chameleon remains to this day one of the most controversial album's in the band's back catalog, alongside 1991's Pink Bubbles Go Ape. Instead of following the speedy power metal sounds of the Keeper of the Seven Keys releases, the band chose to dive into more straightforward as well as proggy territory by injecting a healthy dose of pop, progressive, and orchestral styles into their music. This upset many of the fans and critics, who ultimately ignored the albums for the most part. Eventually singer Michael Kiske left the band after Chameleon, and with the addition of Andy Deris, Helloween returned once again to heavier power metal territory.That's not to say that Chameleon doesn't contain some strong material, which it certainly does. "First Time" is your typical Helloween metal thumper with speedy double bass drums, soaring vocals, and plenty of dual lead guitar work. The first sign that something's afoot comes on "When the Sinner", a catchy rocker with a great hook but featuring a horn section. Horn section, on a Helloween album? Believe it. While I personally don't mind it at all, back in 1993 the reaction was not overly positive. Horns again rear their head on the glossy rocker "Crazy Cat", and Kiske shows his tender side on the melodic ballad "I Don't Wanna Cry No More". The grinding rocker "Giants" is one of the heavier pieces on the album, complete with crunchy guitar riffs and nimble bass lines from Marcus Grosskopf. The use of symphonic keyboards as well as the multitude of guitar parts from Michael Weikath and Roland Grapow add a real progressive rock flair to this dramatic piece. "Windmill" is a acoustic based pop song that lets Kiske shine, but really doesn't belong on a Helloween album, and the band goes for a 70's hard rock vibe on the 8-minute "Revolution Now", a groove laden blues-boogie number that will remind the listener of bands like Mountain, Humble Pie, UFO, and Rainbow, with a slight touch of early Queensryche for good measure. This one has one of the best guitar riffs on the album, and a real heavy feel to it. "In the Night" is another acoustic pop number, a nice song but out of place. Horns and keyboards permeate the dramatic mini-epic "Music", another prog-rocker on the album that really works, and "Step Out of Hell" is a real catchy commercial metal piece with a great vocal from Kiske and killer guitar work.The band goes for another metallic and progressive epic on the 9+ minute "I Believe", complete with symphonic and atmospheric keyboards and plenty of roaring guitar solos, and finishes the album off with the lush acoustic track "Longing", perhaps the best pick of all the album's mellower pieces with it's graceful vocal, tender guitars, and orchestral keyboards. The second disc contains b-sides that didn't make it to the final album, and there's a bunch of them. Most have a similar feel to the regular songs from Chameleon, and I'm wondering if the band wouldn't have been better off putting out a double album initially. Of these songs, the highlights are the scorching instrumental "Oriental Journey", featuring amazing guitar battles between Weikath and Grapow, the bump and grind metal of "Cut in the Middle", the mix of Sweet and KISS flavored rock of "Get Me Out of Here", and the rambling Hendrix inspired instrumental "Red Socks and the Smell of the Trees". Overall, Chameleon comes across as more adventurous and ultimately more fullfilling than Pink Bubbles Go Ape, with its mix of heavy metal, prog, and pop styles. It may not be a traditional Helloween album by any means, but give them credit for trying something different. This expanded edition contains a great sounding remaster job, full lyrics, interview with Michael Weikath, and plenty of photos.

Line-Up:

Michael Kiske - vocals, acoustic guitar
Michael Weikath - guitar
Roland Grapow - guitar
Markus Grosskopf - bass
Ingo Schwichtenberg - drums

Guests:

Axel Bergstedt - conductor, church organ in "I Believe"
Children's choir of the Orchestra "Johann Sebastian Bach", Hamburg in "I Believe"
Stefan Pintev - violin

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. First Time
02. When The Sinner
03. I Don't Wanna Cry No More
04. Crazy Cat
05. Giants
06. Windmill
07. Revolution Now
08. In The Night
09. Music
10. Step Out Of Hell
11. I Believe
12. Longing

CD2: Bonus CD

01. I Don't Care You Don't Care (single b-side) (Bonus Track)
02. Oriental Journey (single b-side prev. Japan only) (Bonus Track)
03. Cut In The Middle (single b-side) (Bonus Track)
04. Introduction (single b-side) (Bonus Track)
05. Get Me Out of Here (single b-side) (Bonus Track)
06. Red Socks and the Smell of the Trees (single b-side) (Bonus Track)
07. Ain't Got Nothin' Better (single b-side) (Bonus Track)
08. Windmill (previously unreleased demo version) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "When The Sinner" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 10 neregistrovaných