Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2006
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 145 mb

Bio:

Nexx are Spain’s melodic rock band fronted by Patricia Tapia who is also a member of Spain’s biggest rock band Mago de Oz. This album is the follow up to the 2003 critically acclaimed debut “Colours”. The new album “Another Dawn” has been produced by one of the UK’s best rock producers Pete ‘Peewee’ Coleman who has AC/DC, Wildhearts, Echo & The Bunnymen, Paradise Lost & The Charlatans on albums list.

Album:

There aren't too many Spanish AOR groups floating around and just as few viable AOR acts that feature a female lead vocalist. Nexx, of course, are both of the above and further to that, one of the very finest pure AOR acts around today.The band's debut was a tribute to super songwriting and great performances, all wrapped into a great package. The album was critically acclaimed and the band's accompanying live performances were raved about.So the guys had a lot to live up to with their all important second album. Another Dawn sees the band on a new label and with a slightly adjusted line up.Adjustments aside, the guys pick up where they left off with Colours and deliver another mega-smooth, perfectly executed, slice of mature adult contemporary AOR.Another Dawn is once of the best examples of female fronted AOR I have heard in years (or at least since their debut!) and certainly the smoothest.The band have kept upon the same path set they set out on with their debut, but maybe with an even more refined sound than before.The guys have obviously matured together and while I paint this album as a very smooth slice of AOR, it is not without some energy and some fine guitar work.The album kicks off with the most uptempo and obvious rocker of the album. Critical is classic European AOR with a fine vocal from Patricia and a hook big enough to hang your hat on.The angst filled Hey Father features a more subtle guitar riff and some superb harmonies throughout. The chorus is as strong as anything the band has delivered to date.Like The Poet is an interesting track. The hook is far from immediate, but rather embedded within the song and more obvious with repeat listens. The song features a nice mix of keyboards and guitar and a very strong and clear lead vocal.Control In My Life is nothing short of a beautiful female fronted AOR ballad. Soft and sultry and better and better each listen. The vocal hook is instant and the addition of strings and prominent piano parts makes for AOR brilliance.Far Away is a nice straight ahead guitar driven pop rocker that lifts the tempo of the album a little approaching the halfway point. A more urgent chorus helps the song stand out.Praying For A Life continues a mid-album rock phase, with some more fine guitar driven AOR.The title track Another Dawn is a more subtle pop flavored track that features more string arrangements and a detailed sonic landscape. Not an immediate track, but one that certainly has a lot to offer thanks to its various layers.Again is reminiscent of the debut – a simple uptempo pop rocker with a strong guitar riff and a great feel good chorus.Caught In A Trap is a little darker and moodier and features a tasty little chorus hook that shows off Patricia's accent probably more than any other track, but it works for me.Guiding Star is purely and simply a straight ahead uptempo AOR rocker.Shine is an acoustic ballad that closes the album on a soft note. Not bad, but not a personal favourite despite the raw emotion of the song.Control In My Life (Reprise) is another does of that magic ballad, this time with the instrumentation removed and more orchestration and strings added. Wonderful! Second time around the song still remains a highlight and should be on radio if there were any justice in the world.The Bottom Line: Lovers of female fronted AOR need this and as for the rest of you, there is no excuse no to check Nexx out. Quality is quality and this is another fine mature AOR album featuring some very fine songwriting.AOR may be a dirty word to some, but when it is as good as this, it is hard to reason why it isn't selling far more units than it currently is.

Line-Up:

Patricia Tapia: Vocals (Mago de Oz)
Bernardo Llobregat: Guitars
Oscar Perez: Drums
Jose A. de la Banda: Bass
Benjamin Andrea: Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Critical
02. Hey Father
03. Like The Poet
04. Control In My Life
05. Going On My Own
06. Praying For A Life
07. Another Dawn
08. Again
09. Caught In A Trap
10. Guiding Star
11. Shine
12. Control In My Life (Reprise)

+ Video "Critical" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných