Lita Ford - Lita (1988) (Rock Candy Remastered 2006)

hudební novinky 2006 / music news 2006
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Okt 2019, 15:20

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Rock Candy Remastered 2006)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos
Size : 147 mb

Bio:

Lita Rossana Ford (born September 19, 1958)is a British-American rock guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter, who was the lead guitarist for The Runaways in the late 1970s before embarking on a solo career in the 1980s.Lita Ford was a rare combination of beauty and talent in an era when heavy metal was almost completely void of a female presence. While adolescent boys fantasized about the guitar wizard, Lita managed to enjoy some moderate success while partying and living the wild rock lifestyle.Carmelita Rossanna Ford was born in London, England and started playing the guitar at the age of eleven. Still a teenager, Lita joined the all female group The Runaways, the brainchild of Hollywood guru Kim Fowley. At the time The Runaways were largely dismissed by critics as nothing more than a poor gimmick, but that view changed when the girls disbanded and former members Lita and Joan Jett became successful solo artists. When that band broke up Lita was unsure about her future and worked several jobs, including hairdressing and gas pumping, before Eddie Van Halen encouraged her to pick up the guitar once again. She did so and started pursuing a solo career.Lita Ford managed to secure a deal with Mercury records, but her debut Out For Blood was almost shelved due to a cover that was deemed too offensive. With revamped artwork the album was finally released but few people seemed to notice. The follow-up, while charting in the Top 100 on Billboard's charts, didn't fare much better. Lita became engaged to her childhood idol, Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi, but that relationship soon soured as did her association with Mercury when they refused to release her 1987 recording Bride Wore Black.Lita severed ties with her record company and employed Sharon Osbourne as her manager. With a new label she was able to release her best selling album, 1988's Lita. It featured the #12 hit "Kiss Me Deadly" and a #8 duet with Ozzy Osbourne called "Close My Eyes Forever". With a fresh marriage to W.A.S.P.'s madman Chris Holmes and a commercially triumphant album, Lita Ford was arguably the most successful woman in all of hard rock. But Stiletto proved to be a disappointment both in sales and material despite including the song "Lisa" which was dedicated to Lita's recently departed mother. Fresh off a divorce from Holmes, Lita regrouped for the Dangerous Curves album, but by that time grunge was beginning to settle in and few people took notice. In 1992 she appeared in the network television show Herman's Head as well as a stint with Howie Mandel's house band on his short lived late night show. In 1994 she married Nitro's Jim Gillette and set about working on her next release Black. Ford and Gillette also formed a group called Rumble Culture and recorded some demos, but nothing has been officially released. On May 13th, 1997 Lita Ford became a mother by giving birth to a healthy boy, and one more child would soon arrive. It has been several years since Lita Ford has released any solo material making one wonder if motherhood has now become her passion. I'm sure we will see more from Lita sometime in the future.

Album:

For me, LITA FORD best album (and her most successful) always will be "Lita", greatly remastered by Rock Candy Records. Note there was two releases by Rock Candy, the first with the original tracklist, and this second featuring as bonus track the much sought after remix / video version of the smash hit "Close My Eyes Forever".When former Runaways guitarist Lita Ford released her debut solo album ('Out For Blood') in 1983, the sleeve of the record laid her metal credentials bold and bare. Five years on, however, things were to change; not only did Lita shed the studs 'n leather in favour of a more stylish look, but her music was given a comprehensive overhaul too.Producer Mike Chapman was determined to steer her down a more commercial path (melodic hard rock rather than metal, class rather than crunch), and 'Lita' was the first fruit of their in-studio relationship.Featuring co-writes from Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx & Motorhead's Lemmy, a duet with Ozzy Osbourne, plus a brace of major US chart hits, this album was to be the biggest-selling (and best) in her career.Lita's all-round musical talent was finally getting the recognition it desereved, with a Grammy nomination plus a gold record award subsequently comin' her way.Opener "Back To The Cave" demonstrates Lita's fiery guitar-playing abilities and a sound that outdoes Slippery When Wet-era Bon Jovi, but then, she ups the mileage on the next song "Can't Catch Me" with its express train guitar and lovely keyboards is one of the best songs here. Small wonder, as Motorhead's Lemmy wrote this.The Chapman-penned "Blueberry" is a guitar rocker with Ron Nevison-like keyboard AOR fills, but nothing that dilutes the metal in this song.Then comes the single that got Lita into the Top 40 for the first time. With strong guitar riffs, synths galore, and pop metal sensibilities without diluting its power, "Kiss Me Deadly" is a killer tune."Falling In And Out Of Love" was co-written by Nikki Sixx of the Crue and rocks with style, "Fatal Passion" is one of the harder cuts and truly effective, while "Broken Dreams" has a cool melodic hard bounce.The final song, "Close My Eyes Forever," a sobering and melancholy song of betrayal and regret that drove one to death was both sung and written by Lita and Ozzy, with terminal overtones: "And when we sleep, would you shelter me/in your warm and darkened grave." A tragic operatic aura of a final sleep is created by the synths in the last chorus repeat.In the early 80's, it was impossible for Lita Ford to get into the mainstream. In 1988, with groups like Bon Jovi, Europe, Poison and Motley Crue having paved the way for hard rock / hair metal for mass acceptance, Lita did it, and with results that outdid many male metal bands.

Line-Up:

Lita Ford – guitar, vocals
David Ezrin – keyboards
Don Nossov – bass guitar
Myron Grombacher – drums

Additional musicians:

Craig Krampf – additional percussion and drums
Ozzy Osbourne – duet vocals on "Close My Eyes Forever"
Llory McDonald, Mike Chapman– background vocals

Tracklist:

01. Back to the Cave
02. Can't Catch Me
03. Blueberry
04. Kiss Me Deadly
05. Falling In and Out of Love
06. Fatal Passion
07. Under the Gun
08. Broken Dreams
09. Close My Eyes Forever
10. Close My Eyes Forever (Remix) (Bonus Remix)

+ Video "Close My Eyes Forever" (Official video)
+ Video "Back To The Cave" (Official video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2006 / NEWS 2006"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných