Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free (Ultimate Collection) (Japan Edition Digipak) (2002)

hudební novinky 2002 / music news 2002
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free (Ultimate Collection) (Japan Edition Digipak) (2002)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Mar 2022, 11:20

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1995 (Japan Edition Digipak 2002)
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 352 mb

Bio:

Gamma Ray is a power metal band from Hamburg, northern Germany, founded and fronted by Kai Hansen after his departure from the German power metal band Helloween. Hansen is the current lead vocalist, guitarist as well as the chief songwriter of Gamma Ray. The band is known as one of the most prominent bands of the German heavy metal scene.In 1988, after four years with the German power metal band Helloween, guitarist and songwriter Kai Hansen decided, for reasons that are still the subject of much debate, to leave the group. Hansen claimed that Helloween had become too big for him to handle, although the group's troubles with financial issues and their record company, Noise Records, most likely played a part as well. He proceeded to do some studio work with German power metal band Blind Guardian and in 1989 decided to form his own project with long-time friend Ralf Scheepers, former vocalist of the band Tyran Pace. This two-man project grew into a four-man band with the addition of Uwe Wessel on bass and Mathias Burchardt on drums. This was the first line-up of Gamma Ray, bearing a sound understandably close to that of Helloween of that period.

Album:

God damn, when this album came out I was amazed. One of the first thoughts that crossed my mind was that Kai Hansen (musically) admitted with this album that the previous two Gamma Ray albums were actually a mistake. One often gets that feeling when a band suddenly and drastically returns to their roots.First of all, with Kai back behind the microphone the album automatically started to sound more like old Helloween than previous ‘Ray albums. Secondly the compositions were no longer just a tribute to the past but a real return.I don’t think he and the band wrote this old shool power metal album for selling out aka earning more money. Hansen has never been about that. And even so, in 1995 old school power metal wasn’t really that popular anymore. It took a few years before that scene started to flourish again. So his heart and soul just went there I guess. Fortunately so! He decided to write what he writes best. Good for him! He also sounds as if he’s having so much fun again on this album.So now you have an idea of the style but how good is the actual album? Well I played this album every day for a few months! So that says enough. Of course there are a few fillers but most of the songs are very excellent. Opener “Rebellion in Dreamland” is epic and dynamic. It has become a Gamma Ray classic for obvious reasons. Even though this song is marvellous it isn’t even my favorite song here!“Man on a Mission” is the song we’ve all been waiting for since “Ride The Sky”. Heavier and faster than anything from the Keeper era yet more melodic than the Walls Of Jericho period. This song is beyond good. This song is divine! To this day I even think this is the best power metal song from Gamma Ray ever.Other speed/power metal highlights include “Gods Of Deliverance” and “Salvation Calling”. Though not as good as “…Mission” these songs are fast, melodic and very catchy!Another true highlight is the threesome “Land of the Free”, “The Saviour” and “Abyss of the Void” which all crossfade into eachother and can be considered one long story. These three songs together are one long epic journey going through every pace and type of classic power metal Kai Hansen has been about.“Time To Break Free” is a very happy song that sounds like a mixture of the average atmospheres on Heading For Tomorrow and Pink Bubbles Go Ape. It features none other than Michael Kiske on vocals! Even though the song is less heavy or less epic than the rest of the album it is very enjoyable and doesn’t feel out of place.“Faitytale” is briliant yet too short and “Rising Of The Damned” and “Afterlife” are decent and entertaining. I can live with “Farewell” because it is dedicated to Ingo Schwichtenberg (such a tragic story). But to be honest it is a generic and cheesy ballad which I often skip.Kai Hansen is back ladies and gentlemen!

Line Up:

Dirk Schlächter - Guitars, Keyboards
Jan Rubach - Bass
Thomas Nack - Drums, Vocals (backing)
Kai Hansen - Guitars, Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Rebellion In Dreamland 08:44
02. Man On A Mission 05:49
03. Fairytale 00:50
04. All Of The Damned 05:01
05. Rising Of The Damned 00:43 (instrumental)
06. Gods Of Deliverance 05:01
07. Farewell 05:11
08. Salvation's Calling 04:36
09. Land Of The Free 04:38
10. The Saviour 00:40 (instrumental)
11. Abyss Of The Void 06:04
12. Time To Break Free 04:40
13. Afterlife 04:46
14. H.-M. Mania (Holocaust cover) 04:51 (Bonus Track)
15. As Time Goes By 04:54 (Bonus Track)
16. The Silence ('95 Version) 06:29 (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Rebellion In Dreamland" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2002 / NEWS 2002"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní