Dokken - Long Way Home (Japan Edition) (2002)

hudební novinky 2002 / music news 2002
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 17 Sep 2020, 23:02

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2002 (Japan Edition)
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 168 mb

Bio:

Dokken is an American hard rock band formed in 1978. They split up in 1989 but reformed four years later. The group accumulated numerous charting singles and has sold more than 10 million albums worldwide.The band was nominated for a Grammy in 1989.Dokken was composed of founder Don Dokken on vocals, George Lynch on lead guitar, Juan Croucier on bass and Mick Brown on drums. In 1983 Croucier left Dokken in order to join Ratt and was replaced by Jeff Pilson. Currently only Dokken and Brown remain from the original line-up. After several personnel changes on guitar Dokken's attorney Jon Levin stepped in to fill the role in 2004. In 2001 Barry Sparks replaced Jeff Pilson on bass. In 2009, Sean McNabb (formerly of Great White and Quiet Riot fame) replaced Barry Sparks on bass guitar.

Album:

Long Way Home is the eighth studio album by American band Dokken, released in the spring of 2002. It is the only Dokken album which features former Europe guitarist John Norum and the first featuring bassist Barry Sparks.One of the songs on the album, "Heart Full of Soul", is a cover version of the 1965 single by the English rock band The Yardbirds. The song was written by Graham Gouldman of the band 10cc.As of 2011, Long Way Home has sold 410,000 copies worldwide.Alternate versions of the album cover featured a special lighting effect around the body of the model.Long Way Home saw the debut of former Europe (at the time) guitarist John Norum. Give credit where credit is due to Don Dokken for at least always getting quality guitarists to fill in George Lynch‘s very big shoes. Dokken‘s prior album Erase The Slate had Winger guitarist Reb Beach and this time, Don Dokken was able to get Norum. While Beach‘s arrival coincided with a return to form for Dokken with Erase The Slate — which was probably the best Dokken album since Back For The Attack — Long Way Home sees the group regressing and is arguably one of the low points in the band’s career. While Norum does a decent job with his lead guitar playing on Long Way Home, the material for the most part does not really allow Norum to shine. For one thing, there are three ballads on the album with “Goodbye My Friend,” “There Was A Time” and “I’ve Found.” I get the feeling that if Lynch would have been part of the line-up, he would have put his foot down on having too many ballads. However, with Don Dokken likely calling all the shots with both Lynch and Pilson gone, it appears that the singer self-indulged with three ballads. This is not surprising considering Don Dokken‘s solo album Solitary, which came out six years later and which mostly contained material close to the ballads on Long Way Home.Indeed, Dokken found themselves a long way from home or a long way from what they did best. You know you’re in trouble when the best track on a Dokken album is the group’s cover song of The Yardbirds‘ 1965 single “Heart Full Of Soul.” And that’s exactly what happens with Long Way Home. There are a few other decent tracks such as the engaging “Everybody Needs (To Be With Someone)” and the Dokken old school sounding “Under The Gun.” Although I would have thought that Pilson‘s vocals and harmonies with Don Dokken would have been sorely missed, new bassist Barry Sparks apparently did a great job in filling that void. The real problem is on the slower mid-tempo tracks where Dokken usually excel and separate themselves from the pack. The slower mid-tempo songs seem to lack those killer melodies that previous Dokken albums — I am thinking Back For The Attack and prior albums — had. It’s not for a lack of trying but the killer melodies just aren’t there for most of the songs.The opening track “Sunless Days” has a good chorus but the lead up to the chorus could have used some extra work. Add in the rather bleak guitar sound on the track and it is one disappointing song to open a Dokken album. “Little Girl” has some good harmonies but that’s about the only really good part in the song. Out of the three ballads, none will come close to measuring up to “Alone Again” but they’re all pretty good with “There Was A Time” being the best of the three. Funny enough, the opening guitar riffs on “Magic Road” sound like Europe in the second half of their career. The common denominator is of course guitarist John Norum whose been a big part of Europe‘s resurgence in the last 12 years or so. While Norum is not out of place in Dokken, I much prefer the dynamism of Lynch or Beach in terms of their guitar playing over Norum‘s more conservative style.Overall, Long Way Home is a decent album. It’s just not a spectacular album and fares quite poorly when you compare it to prior Dokken albums except for the grunge sounding and Lynch solo / Dokken album Shawdowlife. Dokken‘s Long Way Home is the type of album that I’ll listen to from start to finish once in my CD player but getting it there is the big issue. It looks like it may well be another ten years before I revisit that album again.

Line Up:

Don Dokken - lead and backing vocals, rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar, producer
John Norum - lead guitar
Barry Sparks - bass guitar, backing vocals
Mick Brown - drums, backing vocals

Production:

Wyn Davis, Mike McMullen, Brian Daugherty, Mike Lesniak - engineers
Michael Wagener - mixing at WireWorld Studios, Nashville, Tennessee
Eric Conn - mastering

Tracklist:

01. Sunless Days 4:20
02. Little Girl 3:44
03. Everybody Needs (to Be With Someone) 3:15
04. You 3:47
05. Goodbye My Friend 4:06
06. Magic Road 3:31
07. There Was a Time 3:53
08. Heart Full of Soul 2:28 Cover: The Yardbirds
09. Under the Gun 4:23
10. I've Found 3:43
11. Dancin (The Irish Song) 5:03 (Japan Bonus Track)
12. Only Heaven Knows 3:17 (Japan Bonus Track)
13. Let It Be True 4:39 (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2002 / NEWS 2002"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 2 neregistrovaní