Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2002
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 149 mb

Bio:

In 1985 the first in a line of Melodic and Hard Rock LPs was released under the name "Charon" with Andreas and Eberhard Feldhahn at the helm, both producing and playing in the band. Although Tony Platt (AC/DC) was lined up to produce the album, the record company decided, after consulting with Michael Wagener, that Andreas and Eberhard should produce themselves due to their experience in producing acts like Dokken and Great White.There followed an extensive tour with Wishbone Ash and several TV appearances, which helped establish their fan base all over Germany culminating in the sell out gigs at the Fabrik in our hometown of Hamburg.After the second LP the band underwent a complete personnel change. Andreas and Eberhard also making way due to heavy recording schedules. In the new band singer Andre, noticed that two thirds of the band – himself, Jan, Berni and Alec – worked well together, but the two remaining members did not, so they had to go. Without further ado Andreas was asked to do drum duties again and together with a name change and a new haircut Mydra was born.This band got into music exactly for the same reason as any other red blooded male does – For The Ladies. As for the musical direction - well..you only have to watch a Bon Jovi video to see what kinda audience they get. You don’t get that sort of female attention at a jazz concert, now do you?....Oh, we have to get serious again.Well.... It all started after many nights of rehearsing finally paid off when Mydra I was released in the late 80’s, the hayday of melodic rock and hair metal.Several tours followed, the most memorable being with Nazareth in Southern Germany. There were also many gigs taking us from Flensburg to Munich at open-air festivals, clubs and halls. Radio and television interviews – Radio FFN, Radio O.K., and a 20 min Special on Tele5. Basically a good time was had by all!!Although Mydra I was released in Austria and Switzerland, we never managed to tour those countries. Mydra I was also released in Spain after we did a radio interview backstage at The Monsters of Rock in Schweinfurt, Germany.After recording a second album (which then was not released due to differences with the record company) the band split in 1990. Despite which, the name Mydra has been cropping up here and there over the last 10 years. Several ex-members being involved in other bands and projects including Kingdom Come, Velvet Viper (ex-Zed Yago) and TV appearances with Suzi Quattro and others we would prefer not to mention!)You’re probably asking yourself: " Well, why did they release that second album after 12 years ??".First of all - even after 12 years the first CD has attained collector item status and is still sold on online auction sites such as Ebay and has reached countries such as the US, Japan and Brazil.Second – after revamping the master tapes the second offering was waiting to be released. Third – the band, in it’s original form, was ready and willing to take up the gauntlet once again. Fourth – the music still sounded fresh and dynamic enough to compete with what was then on offer.Fifth – the first album evoked a reaction in countries like America, Japan, Italy. Countries, where the album wasn’t even released.Sixth – even the outer Mongolians liked it …

Album:

The only difference between Mydra I and II, is the replacment of the singer.Compared to Mydra 1, it seems that for Mydra II they`ve actually got in a singer who has a range and can sing ballards aswell as the rocky stuff. The production sounds a lot fresher and it`s more....how you say, BALLS TO THE WALL!!.... excellent. 'Mydra II', all in all, is more consistently hard rock than the debut, and as such marks a slight shift in musical direction. Keith Ellis is, I suspect, the kind of singer you will either love or hate-I personally find he reminds me of a nicely updated Ian Gillan, and Mr Ellis also proves that he has the ability to vary his vocal delivery to match the songs. I would furthermore like to stress that the production is better than most. As such, 'Mydra II' comes thoroughly recommended!That's really a powerful and melodick masterpiece!!!

Line Up:

Bernie Fintzen - keyboards, vocals
Keith Ellis - vocals
Alec Stephen - guitar
Jan-S. Eckert - bass, vocals
Andreas Feldhahn - drums

Tracklist:

01. Fire
02. Dirty Love
03. Jealous Eyes
04. Cry No More
05. Took a Long Time
06. Money Honey
07. Madhouse
08. Blind Love
09. Wild Show
10. Action
11. Motorcycle Maniac
12. Dangerous Attraction

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2002 / NEWS 2002"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných