Real Steel - Real Steel (1991) (Retrospect Records Edition 2007)

hudební novinky 2007 / music news 2007
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Aug 2023, 06:44

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1991 (Retrospect Records Edition 2007)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 126 mb

Bio:

Real Steel emerged from the incredibly fertile Cleveland Ohio Metal Scene of the eighties. The band was formed in 1988. Though they would come to prominence in Cleveland, Real Steel was actually put together in rural Tuscarawas County. These four musicians had an incredible chemistry together from the first note they ever played. Living in Cleveland, Real Steel was asked to contribute a song to Auburn Records "Heavy Artillery" Compilation Album. The song 'I Rule The Radio', became a popular tune on Metal and on college radio. By this time Real Steel were drawing huge crowds of up to one thousand people to their shows, and opening for almost every national act that came through town, like Bullet Boys, Bang Tango, Blue Murder, Savatage, Trouble, and Russia's Gorky Park! Also at about the same time, a song from one of the first Beachwood Sessions called 'Never Mind The Money' beat out 675 other bands to become song 1 on the first ever WMMS North Coast Buzzard Tracks. The future looked very bright when that same year Real Steel won US Rocker Magazine's Best Unsigned Band Contest over thousands of bands across 17 states! The band split-up in 1992, and reformed briefly in 2003, before reforming again in 2007. Currently, they are planning to record and release a full-length album of new material in the near future.

Album:

Hard rock band called REAL STEEL and their self-titled album released some time ago by Retrospect Records, easily one of the best releases of the label ever. This CD comprises all the ’80-90s recordings from this US band that deserved major exposure.Do not be fooled by the band’s name: this is Californian Hard Rock with a sound circa 1988. Yeah, Real Steel add touch of US metal on a couple of songs, but musically this comes straight from the LA scene.Real Steel got moving in late-’80s Cleveland, OH and appeared on a couple of compilations (among them the excellent Heavy Artillery LP). The internet would suggest that they also released a 7″ and a full-length cassette, but I can’t find any real evidence of such.Anyway, all their recordings were reissued on CD some years ago by Retrospect Records, however — granted the disc is already out of print and fetching overly expensive prices on eBay.Real Steel opened for Bulletboys, Bang Tango and Gorky Park in their day, and apparently had interest from several labels (almost signing with Warner Bros.).But — as happened with many good bands in this genre — the story’s the same: having been right around the time of the grunge takeover, it didn’t happen… and the end was near.As heard in the video below, ‘I Rule the Radio’ is a perfect example of Real Steel at their anthemic, fist-pumping best. Most of their material follows a pulsing pace akin Quiet Riot — at times leaning a touch more towards classic, traditional US metal, notably during ‘On My Way’ including dueling leads ‘n’ all.Then again, ‘Heat Me Up’ is a prime cut of pure hair metal with a raspier snarl to the vocals akin Twisted sister; the groovy ‘Never Mind The Money’ bring to mind Cinderella, while “She’s Untouchable” combines crunchy rhythms, fluid melodies, and slick vocal harmonies with some Scorpions on it.As you see, there’s many influences in Real Steel music, and the band blend all together to cook their own style. These guys can change up their sound from song to song and I love that.This is not just another ‘unsigned band for a reason’. Not at all, Real Steel are pretty awesome. Varied songs, very good production – you can actually hear the bass in your face – and solid musicianship.

Line-Up:

Scott Smalley – vocals, bass
Dave Hasselbach – guitar, backing vocals
Paul Klaff – guitar, backing vocals
Bobby Stocker – drums

Production:

Phonographic Copyright ℗ – Retrospect Records
Copyright © – Retrospect Records

Tracklist:

01. Never Mind The Money
02. I Rule The Radio
03. We Are Rock
04. On My Way
05. Bad Toys
06. Loud And Clear
07. Heat Me Up
08. She’s Untouchable
09. Concrete Cowboy
10. Mission Of Misery
11. In Your Life
12. Sweet Ride Her
13. Just A Feeling

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2007 / NEWS 2007"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 20 neregistrovaných