Biloxi - III: In The Wake Of The Storm (2007)

hudební novinky 2007 / music news 2007
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Jan 2023, 15:15

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2007
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 134 mb

Bio:

Biloxi was formed in 1989 in Los Angeles, California by founding member/vocalist Clyde Holly. The band went through several member changes until 1992 when "Let The Games Begin" was recorded. Biloxi signed to Zero Records in Japan in 1993 which charted the band with a top ten CD in the Asian market.The band also signed an import deal with a small independent label called X-treme Records out of Copenhagen, Denmark which garnered the band a #1 "Import of the Year" in Europe. Biloxi received rave reviews in such magazines as Metal Edge, Metalized, BURRN, and received a "5 out of 5 Stars" rating from KERRANG!With the untimely death of Biloxi's guitarist, the former lineup disbanded and Clyde Holly relocated to his hometown and the band's namesake. Opening HollyHouse Recording Studio, Clyde produced bands from the local/regional area and eventually produced drummer Rob Gronkoski and his band Slump.After several years of doing mostly studio production, Clyde and Rob found themselves working together in the Rebecca Allen Band which eventually led to the reformation of Biloxi. The band has been working on writing and recording since the new millennium and has now finished the new CD entitled "Right The Music". With the onslaught of grunge and heavy rock, Biloxi has held strong to their melodic rock roots encompassing thick harmonies, hook laden guitar riffs, and a powerful drum style that's second to none. Clyde Holly's vocal style has not changed much since "L.T.G.B." with the exception of a more bluesey feel.Joined by keyboardist Stefan Prescott, who's style is similar to Jordan Rudess, and lead Guitarist , Mark Lanoue, Biloxi was able to mold their style into a more technical and heavier approach for the third CD, which is currently being recorded for a SUMMER 2007 release.After the untimely death of Clyde, the remaining members decided to continue with finishing and releasing BILOXI III in honor of their friend. Clyde left us two GEMS with his vocals on it and Mark has taken over the lead vocals including a tribute to Clyde, which is a song from the "Check Mate" bootleg. The release will be named "In the Wake of The Storm", in rememberance of huricane Katrina.

Album:

I first heard of the band BILOXI back in 1996 when a friend of mine burned me a copy of their debut release “Let The Games Begin.” What a great, great debut (I thought) but by the time I first heard the release, the band had already broken up following the untimely deaths of their manager Bob Simis and guitarist Rich Symons. So… as with most CD’s where the band only has one or two releases before they break-up, “Let The Games Begin” got shelved… but was not forgotten.I remember whipping out the release somewhere around late 2005 to give it a whirl again in my CD player. After listening to it and remembering, again, what a great release it was, I decided to look up some of the band’s old members to see what they had been up to. To my surprise, I read that original lead vocalist and founding member Clyde Holly had been keeping himself busy at his recording studio (HollyHouse Recording Studio) producing local area bands for the past several years. I went on to read that in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, Holly had decided to reform the band and was working on new material. I was very excited to hear this and tried to keep up with the band’s progression for the next few months.The one day I had been looking around and came across the tragic news that on September 10, 2006, Clyde Holly had died of complications due to sleep apnia… a condition I myself suffer from. This really hit home for me when I found out and beyond that, I was really saddened not only of the band suffering yet another tragedy, but the fact that all the music they had been working on would, more than likely, be lost forever…But the band didn’t fold!Instead, they continued on and carried out what Holly had started… a CD entitled “Biloxi III – In The Wake of The Storm.” Although all the original members are gone, BILOXI (now composed of drummer Rob Gronkoski, bassist Dave Melton, keyboardist Stephan Prescott and lead vocalist/ guitarist Mark Allen Lanoue) has moved on to create another good melodic rock release that would make Holly very, very proud. While not quite as potent as “Let The Games Begin,” “I.T.W.O.T.S.” still maintains all the powerful, melodic hooks and harmonies BILOXI is known for and even branches out into an even heavier direction.The CD opens with the melodic-rocker “Here Alone” which features a good, solid melody and a big, heavy-harmonic chorus in the vein of STRYPER or late 80’s TNT. This is complimented by other up-tempo rockers like “15 Minutes,” “Broken (which is one of the tracks that Holly recorded guitars on before his passing),” and one of my favorite tracks “On The Other Side.”“Saints and Angels” is a soft, acoustic-driven ballad, and, although a bit darker and more haunting, “Empty Road To Nowhere” finds itself in the same genre with some nice orchestral-sounding accompaniment. Then there’s another one of my favorite tracks where Holly lets his guitar do the singing on the instrumental “Fly Into The Sun”… almost reminding me of the mid-70’s JOURNEY compositions. And as a final tribute to Holly, “I.T.W.O.T.S.” also includes a cover of one of my favorite POLICE songs “Synchronicity II.” This, again, features Holly on both guitar and vocals with an intro so scarily close to the original it almost sounds sampled! But Holly and the band do an incredible job on this classic rocker.BILOXI’s “In The Wake of the Storm” does not disappoint. If you’re a fan of AOR or melodic rock, make sure this one finds itself into your collection.

Line Up:

Mark Allen Lanoue – Lead Vocals , Guitar
Dave Melton – Bass
Stephan Prescott – Keyboards
Rob Gronkoski – Drums

+

Drums – Rory Faciane (tracks: 14)
Keyboards – Bruce Foster (tracks: 5, 8), Stefan Prescott
Lead Guitar – Clyde Holly (tracks: 4, 9 to 11, 14), Mark Allen Lanoue (tracks: 1 to 3, 6, 7)
Lead Vocals – Clyde Holly (tracks: 11, 13, 14)

Production:

Songwriter – Clyde Holly (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14), Mark Allen Lanoue (tracks: 1 to 5, 7 tp 9, 10), Sting (tracks: 13)

Tracklist:

01. Here Alone
02. World
03. Pray For Rain
04. 15 Minutes
05. Saints & Angels
06. On The Other Side
07. Right The Music
08. Empty Road To Nowhere
09. The River
10. I Pray
11. Broken
12. Fly Into The Sun
13. Synchronicity II
14. Mercy (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2007 / NEWS 2007"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní