Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2007
Style : Hard Rock , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 157 mb

Bio:

BugGirl is an Australian rock band formed in 2003. The two members of the band are family: Amber on vocals and guitars and Clinton on drums. In 2009 they released their album “Blood, Sweat & Beers” and about a year later “Dirt In The Skirt” hits the streets.Besides that the band has quite some tempo in the release of this new album, the duo have not only worked their asses of in a studio but is a typical touring band. They were playing, for example, at Serengeti festival and they have touring everywhere. A little bit longer in studio could have brought a more polished album, but the way it ended up now suits the rock and roll feeling very well. Raw, humpy guitars full speed backing with drums and female vocals. Would do very well next to Nina C. Alice and her Skew Siskin. Do not expect to find something totally new, the lyrics are predictable but maybe remain from any significant value in experiencing this band. Mind you, this duo does it all with the two of them and for just two musicians they certainly know how to fill up their songs well. Throw it on in the car, in a bar or on an evening with friends. A good reference for when you see them live.

Album:

BUG GIRL combines the powers of the two siblings Amber and Clinni who are successful for quite a while now under that moniker and amongst others toured with the likes of BLITZKID, V8WANKERS, HEARTBREAK ENGINES or THE CREEPSHOW. BUG GIRL debuted in 2004 with ‘Looming Shadows’ followed by an EP in 2005 and a long tour. ‘Rock’n’Roll Hell’ is their next assault on the world-wide rock community.Guess how surprised I’ve been to hear that there are still bands around who play such a classic rock sound without even the slightest sign of an electronic influence. Just the joined efforts of a brother and a sister, expressing their love for this music; and sometimes I can’t believe that all these energy just comes from two people; and now we hurl ourselves right into the hail of bullets of the first track ‘Shootin’ Fire’, starting with a whirl of drums until wailing guitars rush in and front woman Amber bloody kicks asses with her feisty voice putting seasoned rock fronters in their places. Just right in the footsteps, the title track follows and keeps the pace, whilst presenting an astonishing amount of masterfully played drum parts while the hard riffs almost make the speakers burst with their power. “Take me down baby, take me home”, the BUG GIRL sings in one part of ‘Ian Ashbury’ and one is tempted to do her the favour after such a performance ;-) After a rather slow start with pressing riffs the song gains momentum and you get to hear a vocal action that blows you away. ‘Death on Wheels’ does its name justice and takes no prisoners in sweeping everything out of the way that isn’t fast enough to get away from the drum avalanche the song puts up. ‘Resurrected’ on the other hand decelerates a bit and here and there a bit of a subtle darkness is shimmering through. More down-tuned riffs and a solo in the background I can only describe as ghostly, it’s brilliantly played though and I have to say that Amber handles the clean vocals very well, but I have come to love ho she’s pronouncing the ‘Resurrected’ with an original British/Welsh accent.Now let’s come to ‘Hot Tonite’ to which you just have to nod your head til madness comes. At least as long as the fast tempo prevails, that is just dropping all of a sudden to make way for a slower but nevertheless powerful performance. Speaking of slow; the next track is just that and in case I didn’t mention it: I love this voice; she’s screaming you into the ground on ‘Get Picked Up’, the guitars screech and melt with the vocals and the drums to a furious finale of the track. I just have to give credit to the drummer again as what he’s delivering on ‘You’ll Love it in here’ is just brilliant. ‘Suck it’ is just a straight classy that gets the most punch out of the impressing vocal pats in my opinion. The finale ‘War & Fire’ is the epitome of the term varied. There’s lots of rhythmic and tempo shifts, breaks and some of the coolest guitar solos are united on this track.Classic rock albums didn’t catch me very often, but this one did. Took me a few listens to get into it, then I got carried away by the power and the verve this duo displays. A very nice and varied album you should really check out…

Line Up:

Amber Spence guitars, lead vocals
Clinton Spence drums, vocals

Tracklist:

01. Shootin' Fire 4:19
02. Rock N' Roll Hell 4:09
03. Ian Astbury 4:21
04. Death on Wheels 4:23
05. Resurrected 4:13
06. Hot Tonite 3:48
07. Get Picked Up 5:41 (Cover: Betty Mabry)
08. You'll Luv It in Here 3:26
09. Suck It 2:52
10. War & Fire 5:03

+ Video "Rock'n'Roll Hell" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2007 / NEWS 2007"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných