Heartland - Mind Your Head (Japan Edition) (2007)

hudební novinky 2007 / music news 2007
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Mar 2021, 19:28

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2007 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 129 mb

Bio:

Fronted by lead vocalist Chris Ousey, between 1991 and 2011 British AOR / Melodic Rockers HEARTLAND released a total of eleven albums, but for the fans as well as for the critics, the best of the bunch is still their self-titled debut, originally released by A&M Records in 1991. HEARTLAND is a AOR band formed by former VIRGINIA WOLF vocalist Chris Ousey.HEARTLAND's debut was released in March of 1991 on A&M however by this time the popularity of the AOR / Melodic Rock scene was on the wane. A second album was released in 1995 through German label Long Island, which was ostensibly a collection of demo recordings.Escape Music, signed HEARTLAND up for a third album, 'III', issued in 1996. This album saw former EXPORT and IAN GILLAN guitarist Steve Morris joining Chris Ousey as the core of the band, with a fourth album, 'Bridge Of Fools', quickly emerging soon after the third.Following Steve Morris working with 'Dream Catcher' with IAN GILLAN & Chis Ousey working on side project THE DISTANCE with guitarist/song writer/producer Kenny "Kaos" Loney, the band release 1998 album 'Miracles By Design'.In 1999, the band released the album 'When Angels Call' as a thank you to their many fans old and new alike. The album was a collection of HEARTLAND classic's, new material and tracks from pre-HEARTLAND Project VIRGINIA WOLF, all delivered in an intimate acoustic style. In addition the 'Wide Open' album was re-issued during this year, as the original CD was no longer availble due to the demise of German label Long Island.The 2001 release 'As It Comes' saw a HEARTLAND line up of Ousey, Morris, bass player Tim Hewitts, keyboard player Steve Millington and drummer Steve Gibson.HEARTLAND completed the next album in late 2004 for an early 2005 release 'Move On' through Escape Music. Contributing guests included bassist Mathias Gregersen, the GRAND ILLUSION pairing of Peter Sundell and Per Svensson on backing vocals with the MERCYFUL FATE and FORCE OF EVIL credited Bjarne T. Holm on drums.HEARTLAND announced a fresh album for Escape Music in September 2007 entitled 'Mind Your Head' which is the bands tenth album.

Album:

British band Heartland has been around for quite some time. The core of the band, Chris Ousey on vocals and Steve Morris on guitar, bass, and keyboards have been together since 'III' (1995), their first release on the fledgling Escape Music label. In those early days Heartland played in the basic AOR style. In later years they moved on to a harder edge yet still remained melodic. 2005's 'Move On' is proably the apex of this musical move. It was a very good album which garnered good reviews across the pond. 'Mind Your Head' follows in this same vein and offers another fine collection of melodic hard rock songs.The two unmistakeable qualities of any Heartland release are the tremendous vocals of Chris Ousey and amazing skills of multiinstrumentalist Steve Morris. Mr. Ousey excels and soars with quite the range on 'Mind Your Head.' He never appears strained or out of control. Mr. Morris is equally impressive as his guitar work is never monotonous, always clear and creative. 'Magazine,' the first cut, and 'Moutain To Climb' are superb examples of these two features.There is much to enjoy on this album so I will point out some highlights. 'For Pity's Sake' throws you back to the '80's for some terrific melodic rock stuffed with great guitar and a catchy chorus. 'Last Man To Fall' is one of those songs that starts out slow and then rushed into great rock number supported by a hard-hitting rhythm section. A personal favorite, 'A Fathom I Fell,' finds Ousey at his most soulful and Morris tugging at your heart strings with his six strings. 'Mountain To Climb' is, plain and simple, a guitar driven hard rock number. Ousey nearly growls the lyrics, although never in a dirty vocal way, and Morris rips it up with some intense fret work. 'Time To Believe' is a severly heavy number that grips you if only because of Ousey's passionate vocals. The final track, 'The Best Yet To Come,' is essentially 'in-your-face' fast paced, hard driving rock and roll, a fitting conclusion to this album.Although from beginning to end this is a strong work, I did find myself yawning on several numbers. Neither 'Frozen Hearted' or 'A Richer Vein' succeeded in impressing me. I wouldn't call them 'fillers,' because they both have some redeeming qualities. Yet, somehow I've hard this all before. And 'Run For Your Life,' though a very interesting number, seemed to lack the punch that the lyrics and arrangement required.Some critics and fans will bemoan the fact that Heartland does not wish to return to the good old days. The same may say that all was said and done on 'Move On.' As for the latter, they may be right: no new ground is being broken here. However, what is here is singular consistency and craftsmanship. Ousey and Morris know their craft and pursue it wholeheartedly with good, though sometimes imperfect, results. In a world where good melodic hard rock is hard to find, particularly here in America, Heartland continues to expel the stale air of mediocrity with their music. 'Mind Your Head' is quality stuff and I can easily recommend it.

Line-Up:

Chris Ousey - vocals (Ex-Monroe, Ex-VIRGINIA WOLF, Snakecharmer)
Steve Morris - all guitars, bass & keyboards
Fredrik Oscarsson - drums

Tracklist:

01. For Pity's Sake
02. Frozen Hearted
03. Last Man To Fall
04. A Fanthom I Fell
05. So The Story Goes
06. Mountain To Climb
07. A Richer Vein
08. Run For Your Life
09. Time To Believe
10. Magazine
11. The Best Is Yet To Come
12. The Fall (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2007 / NEWS 2007"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní