Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1998
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 123 mb

Bio:

Aces High are another classy hard rock outfit from Sweden. Similar in style to bands such as Thunder, XYZ and Nevada Beach, they released their debut album in 1994. The band features drummer Anders Johansson of Malmsteen / Holdsworth fame. In common with many similar bands from that neck of the woods, Aces High write excellent rockers and even better ballads, as demonstrated with our featured number. A band certainly worthwhile adding to the collection.Aces High were formed as Eyes in 1989 by guitarist Jake Sandberg, bassist Anders Johansson and keyboardist David Brandt. Later the same year they got in touch with Danish singer Bjørn Andersen and also changed the name of the band to Aces High, since a US band named Eyes had emerged on the music scene.The following year they acquired drummer Matts Björkman (ex-Quadruple) and in 1994 they released their first album,"Ten 'N Out" which proceeded to become very successful in Japan. Fans of melodic hard rock had to wait some years for the follow-up, though. "Pull No Punches" was released in 1998, now with Björkman replaced by Anders Johansson (ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, also in Hammerfall) on drums. This prompted the bassist with the same name to start writing his name as Anders J-sson to avoid confusion. And after another long wait, they're back again with "Forgive & Forget".The album is generally very solid melodic metal, there is nothing here that truly blew me away, but then again there is nothing here that is anything below average. Vocalist Bjørn Andersen has a very distinct voice, somewhere between that of Ian Gillan and Biff Byford, the guitars are solid, with strong hooks that focus more on the song than riffing away into oblivion, whilst the hammond organ adds a Deep Purple vibe to many of the tracks.. The mix does let the album down a little, it just sounds a little flat. Yet the albums highlights like the instrumental prelude to the solo in Forgive & Forget do not suffer as a result of this.One thing that became apparent to me is that the band use much cleaner guitar sounds that many of their counterparts, this allows the tones to breathe a little more and gives a punchier edge, which does make it through the aforementioned mix. Also its plainly apparent is the band seem more concerned for the song than highlighting individual performances.Overall a solid enough slice of Scandi Melodic Metal.

Album:

Vocalist is still the same...for some reason he used Nikki on their first album and on the second he´s actually listed as Bjorn "Nikki" Andersen. The drummer is new however, Anders Johansson is one of my favourite skinbeater. He's played with Silver Mountain, Yngwe malmsten and Jonas Hellborg to name a few. Look out for the third album from Aces High. It's called "Forgive and Forget" and will be released may 6th. A new 10, at least judging from the songs i've heard so far. ACES HIGH on this album didn't change their style much, except maybe to add a slightly heavier edge to their beefy guitars. So what you have here is more powerful, in-your-face melodic hard rock/metal, similar at times to Million (like the above guy mentioned). The guitars really crank on this puppy, which is always good, & the songs, while perhaps not quite as catchy as those on the debut, are still pretty darn good. This one's definitely worth owning.Ok it is not as good as the debut, but is still very solid. If you like good, well played hard rock check these guys out. Pick of this album is again the ballads, but good release overall. I think that "Tanglewood Dreamin´" really is a masterpiece, and the ballad "In a wink of an eye" have a given place on every Powerballad-album in the world. Finally ACES HIGH RULES!!!

Line Up:

Bjorn "Nikki" Anderson - vocals
Jake Sandberg - guitars
Anders Johansson - drums, percussion
David Brandt - keyboards
Anders J:Son - Bass

Tracklist:

01. Mr. Big Talker 4:50
02. I Ain't Sorry 4:23
03. Shaky Sister 4:02
04. In a Wink of an Eye 5:33
05. Pull No Punches 4:20
06. Tanglewood Dreamin' 6:30
07. Freakshow 4:21
08. If I Could 5:04
09. Get to You 4:29
10. Carnival 5:14

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1998 / NEWS 1998"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných