Skillet - Hey You I Love Your Soul (1998)

hudební novinky 1998 / music news 1998
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 22 Aug 2019, 06:53

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1998
Style : Hard Rock , Alternative Rock , Christian Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 127 mb

Bio:

Skillet recently made headlines when their last album, Awake, became one of just three rock albums to be certified platinum in 2012, forming an improbable triumvirate with the Black Keys’ El Camino and Mumford & Sons’ Babel. The news that Skillet had sold more than a million albums in the U.S. came as a shock to all but the band’s wildly diverse horde of fans, male and female, young and old—known as Panheads—whose still-swelling ranks now officially number in the seven-digit range. This remarkable achievement was announced just as Skillet was putting the finishing touches on their eagerly awaited follow-up album, Rise (Atlantic/Word).Unwilling to stand pat or rest on their laurels, the band—lead vocalist/bassist John Cooper, guitarist/keyboardist Korey Cooper (John’s wife), drummer/duet partner Jen Ledger and lead guitarist Seth Morrison, making his first appearance on record with Skillet—continue to explore new terrain on Rise, expertly produced by Howard Benson, who previously helmed the mega-successful Awake. Eager for new challenges, Cooper threw himself into collaborative songwriting to a far greater degree than ever before, co-writing the uplifting title song and the lacerating first single “Sick of it” with Scott Stevens, founder/leader of the L.A.-based Exies, while teaming with Nashville songsmiths Tom Douglas and Zac Maloy on the timely and anthemic “American Noise,” which Cooper considers to be the strongest song Skillet has yet recorded. On “American Noise” and the joyous “Good to Be Alive,” the band explores new stylistic territory, bringing an element of heartland rock into their aggressive, theatrical approach. The band expanded their musical palette, integrating natural, acoustic instruments like accordion, mandolin, dulcimer, harp, tympani and bells to their trademark slashing electric guitars, strings, churning synths and pummeling drums.It isn’t just the songs themselves that make Rise so gripping, it’s also the song sequences—like the radical contrast between the almost unbearable tension of “Sick of It” suddenly giving way to the ecstatic release of “Good to Be Alive,” or the way the closing three-song progression of “My Religion,” “Hard to Find” and “What I Believe” builds to a thrilling musical, thematic and emotional crescendo. Clearly, these songs and the album as a whole are embedded with an impassioned overarching message. This message courses with a tidal pull through Skillet’s entire body of work, but on Rise, it’s artfully woven into a gripping coming-of-age narrative. This sprawling work stands as the band’s first concept album—though it wasn’t premeditated.

Album:

Hey You, I Love Your Soul is the second studio album by American Christian rock band Skillet. It was released in 1998 as an enhanced CD from ForeFront Records and Ardent Records. All tracks written by John L. Cooper, except where noted.A music video was made for the song "More Faithful". It features the band playing in a room with lights all about, with various shots of the sky cut in to show the theme of the song. An example is the line, "You have been more faithful than the morning sun." This is the only video that shows John playing piano, and the last video before his wife Korey joined on piano.

Line Up:

John L. Cooper – vocals, bass guitar, piano
Trey McClurkin – drums, backing vocals
Ken Steorts – guitar, backing vocals, guitar synth

Tracklist:

01. Hey You, I Love Your Soul
02. Deeper
03. Locked in a Cage
04. Your Love (Keeps Me Alive)
05. More Faithful
06. Pour
07. Suspended In You
08. Take
09. Coming Down
10. Whirlwind
11. Dive Over In
12. Scarecrow

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1998 / NEWS 1998"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní