Heartland - When Angels Call (Japan Edition) (1999)

hudební novinky 1999 / music news 1999
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Mar 2021, 19:30

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1999 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 129 mb

Bio:

Fronted by lead vocalist Chris Ousey, between 1991 and 2011 British AOR / Melodic Rockers HEARTLAND released a total of eleven albums, but for the fans as well as for the critics, the best of the bunch is still their self-titled debut, originally released by A&M Records in 1991. HEARTLAND is a AOR band formed by former VIRGINIA WOLF vocalist Chris Ousey.HEARTLAND's debut was released in March of 1991 on A&M however by this time the popularity of the AOR / Melodic Rock scene was on the wane. A second album was released in 1995 through German label Long Island, which was ostensibly a collection of demo recordings.Escape Music, signed HEARTLAND up for a third album, 'III', issued in 1996. This album saw former EXPORT and IAN GILLAN guitarist Steve Morris joining Chris Ousey as the core of the band, with a fourth album, 'Bridge Of Fools', quickly emerging soon after the third.Following Steve Morris working with 'Dream Catcher' with IAN GILLAN & Chis Ousey working on side project THE DISTANCE with guitarist/song writer/producer Kenny "Kaos" Loney, the band release 1998 album 'Miracles By Design'.In 1999, the band released the album 'When Angels Call' as a thank you to their many fans old and new alike. The album was a collection of HEARTLAND classic's, new material and tracks from pre-HEARTLAND Project VIRGINIA WOLF, all delivered in an intimate acoustic style. In addition the 'Wide Open' album was re-issued during this year, as the original CD was no longer availble due to the demise of German label Long Island.The 2001 release 'As It Comes' saw a HEARTLAND line up of Ousey, Morris, bass player Tim Hewitts, keyboard player Steve Millington and drummer Steve Gibson.HEARTLAND completed the next album in late 2004 for an early 2005 release 'Move On' through Escape Music. Contributing guests included bassist Mathias Gregersen, the GRAND ILLUSION pairing of Peter Sundell and Per Svensson on backing vocals with the MERCYFUL FATE and FORCE OF EVIL credited Bjarne T. Holm on drums.HEARTLAND announced a fresh album for Escape Music in September 2007 entitled 'Mind Your Head' which is the bands tenth album.

Album:

Heartland album is a makeshift Greatest Hits album - recorded acoustically and features songs from the 4 Heartland albums and a couple of songs from Chris Ousey's debut band Virginia Wolf. Those two songs are from their killer debut album.This also fills in time nicely before the band record their new album in October.From what I have heard over the years - starting with Tesla's Five Man Acoustic Jam - acoustic albums are generally hit or miss.I am happy to report this album is a definite hit. Heartland have more than enough material to make up an album like this and the 2 Virginia Wolf songs only add to the quality. There are some of my favourite Heartland songs and a few new ones as a bonus and the production is nothing short of full studio album quality.Chris Ousey's voice is in fine shape and sounds like it is growing with every record he makes. Steve Morris is also in fine form.This album highlights just how good a guitarist he is with numerous displays of fantastic guitar plucking and acoustic solo's.Chris Ousey manages to squeeze real emotion out of his voice. He always sounds at his peak when reaching for that higher note. Just check out the latter moments of Carrie Ann, Wide Open and Carved In Stone. The first and utterly classic Virginia Wolf album is represented by Knife Edge and Make It Tonight - two killer tracks. I was pleasantly surprised to see the latter included - being one of Ousey's best moody ballads. The only other track from that album I would love to have seen was Take A Chance. Next time maybe? Nice also to hear Wide Open getting reworked. I always loved that track, great to see it upgraded from demo status. Never Never Land is first up of the new tunes. Another very good Heartland pop song of some length, with plenty of hooks, a good extended acoustic solo from Steve Morris and extended instrumental ending.Keeping The Faith Alive will no doubt become a favourite in years to come. This soft ballad has real class and I think would go down real well during a acoustic interlude live.One Night is another simple pop rock track with a simple, yet catchy, chorus. The title track When Angels Call is a more complex song with no major chorus, but a melody that entrenches itself in your mind.I really like I Count The Days. This typical Heartland ballad is given a strong re-working, with a tremendous vocal from Chris Ousey. Just take a listen towards the end where he really puts some emotion into it.I have written a lot here for just an acoustic album, so I will sum it up before I start repeating myself.This is essential for any Heartland or The Distance fan and could hopefully bring new fans into the fold with some great new versions of classic songs and is highly recommended for those who look for something a little different occasionally.

Line-Up:

Chris Ousey - vocals (Ex-Monroe, Ex-VIRGINIA WOLF, Snakecharmer)
Steve Morris guitars, bass, keyboards
Steve Gibson drums, percussion

Produced by: Steve Morris

Tracklist:

01. Carrie Ann
02. Knife Edge
03. Never Never Land
04. Wide Open
05. Indian Ground
06. Try Me
07. Keeping the Faith Alive
08. One Night
09. Voodoo Eyes
10. When Angels Call
11. Carved in Stone
12. Make It Tonight
13. I Count the Days
14. Only Time Will Tell

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1999 / NEWS 1999"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných