Von Groove - Test Of Faith (1998) (Japan Edition 1999)

hudební novinky 1999 / music news 1999
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 12 Jún 2019, 13:36

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1998 (Japan Edition 1999)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 135 mb

Bio:

A canadian rock band formed in 1990.Von Groove - Canadian hard rock band came of the late 80's / early 90's hard rock scene. Von Groove came out of the gate with an extremely strong first album of melodic hard rock similar to releases by Damn Yankees, Bad English, Tyketto, Bon Jovi, and Giant. Von Groove's music is melodic, yet without a doubt a hard rock band. The albums is packed with great rock songs and better than average ballads. The musicianship, songwriting, vocals, and production were all top notch.This is a fantastic melodic hard rock band.

Album:

Von Groove is one of the best-kept secret of Canadian rock legends.“Test Of Faith” in its hard to find Japanese edition, not only featuring a different album cover artwork, but also 2 bonus tracks. While “Test Of Faith” is rarely mentioned as their best work by Melodic Rock fans, personally it’s one of my favorites from them. It’s easily the band’s more AOR sounding effort, and one – if the not the best – written.Overall, and despite of being released in the ’90s, Von Groove’s “Test Of Faith” sounds pretty Eighties, from production to arrangements approach. It’s some kind of mix between Firehouse, Danger Danger and Giant, yet with that typical ‘Canadian touch’.There’s still bright rocking melodic numbers in the title track and ‘Rock & Roll Station” recalling their awesome debut, however it’s in the AOR tunes where this CD finds its personality.I find a Harem Scarem feel on ‘It Should Have Been Me’, then the wonderful AOR bliss of ‘I Saw The Light’ is what Dare could have penned. ‘Foolin’ Yourself’ is more ‘Americanized’ in a Danger Danger type, then ‘Back In Love Again’ is a delicious ballad which should’ve been a hit in 1989.‘Tell It To Me’ brings to mind Giant first LP, and tell me if ‘Only Love’ doesn’t has a Journey / The Storm melody to it.Japanese exclusive bonus tracks include the power ballad ‘April May’ which is like a Nelson / Fair Warning crossroad, and ‘Calling The World’ rocks in a mid-paced groove akin Hardline.Honestly I scratch my head when some Melodic Rock / AOR fans say “Test Of Faith” isn’t as good as Von Groove’s self-titled debut. This LP is very close in quality, even there’s better songwriting if you ask me.

Line Up:

Michael Shotton - lead vocals, drums, percussion, keyboards
Mladen - guitars, vocals
Matthew Gerrard - bass, keyboards, vocals

Tracklist:

01. Test of Faith 5:11
02. It Should Have Been Me 4:38
03. I Saw the Light 4:31
04. Foolin' Yourself 4:15
05. Back in Love Again 3:41
06. Tell It to Me 4:01
07. Anything for My Baby 4:34
08. Only Love 3:50
09. The Damage Is Done 4:34
10. Rock and Roll Station 5:04
11. April May (Japan Bonus Track)
12. Calling The World (Japan Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 1999 / NEWS 1999"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných