Slade - Merry Xmaz Everybody - Party Hits (2009)

hudební novinky 2009 / music news 2009
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Jan 2023, 08:40

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2009
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 165 mb

Bio:

Slade are an English rock band from Wolverhampton. They rose to prominence during the glam rock era in the early 1970s, achieving 17 consecutive top 20 hits and six number ones on the UK Singles Chart. The British Hit Singles & Albums names them the most successful British group of the 1970s based on sales of singles. They were the first act to have three singles enter the charts at number one; all six of the band's chart-toppers were penned by Noddy Holder and Jim Lea. As of 2006, total UK sales stand at 6,520,171, and their best-selling single, "Merry Xmas Everybody", has sold in excess of one million copies.According to the 1999 BBC documentary It's Slade, the band have sold over 50 million records worldwide.Following an unsuccessful move to the United States in 1975, Slade's popularity waned but was unexpectedly revived in 1980 when they were last-minute replacements for Ozzy Osbourne at the Reading Rock Festival. The band later acknowledged this to have been one of the highlights of their career. The original line-up split in 1992, but the band re-formed later in the year as Slade II. The band have continued, with a number of line-up changes, to the present day. They have shortened the group name back to Slade.A number of diverse artists have cited Slade as an influence, including alternative rock icons Nirvana and the Smashing Pumpkins, punk pioneers Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Undertones, The Runaways and The Clash, glam metal bands Kiss, Mötley Crüe, Poison, Def Leppard, heavy metal bands Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot and pop-rock stalwarts The Replacements, Cheap Trick and Oasis.The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Music tells of Holder's powerful vocals, guitarist Dave Hill's equally arresting dress sense and the deliberate misspelling of their song titles (such as "Cum On Feel the Noize" and "Mama Weer All Crazee Now") for which they became well known.

Album:

”All The World Is A Stage”, a new 5xCD box set of SLADE live albums, including three previously unreleased shows.All this material has been digitally remastered.The trio of previously unreleased gigs is as follows: ”Live At The New Victoria” was recorded on April 24 1975 – captures the band before they went around the UK to promote their feature film, In Flame.”Live At The Hucknall Miner’s Welfare Club” recorded on June 26 1980, features songs from their new studio album at the time ‘We’ll Bring The House Down’, along with classics ‘Take Me Bak ’Ome’, ‘Gudbuy T’Jane’, ‘Everyday’ and the perennial ‘Merry Xmas Everybody’”Alive! At Reading” the third unreleased full live set, captures the band delivering a sensational live performance to over 80,000 people in 1980. As last minute replacements for Ozzy Osbourne, their set was arguably the highlight of the festival and led to Slade enjoying a renaissance in the Eighties. Only a 3-track EP was issued from this performance at the time.Completing this box are ”Slade Alive!”, the classic 1972 live album now remastered, and the killer ”Slade On Stage” which documents their 18 December 1981 Newcastle City Hall show (the album was issued a year later in December 1982), but now has been edited for a better listening experience, with a much better sound quality as well, crisp.SLADE is regarded as one of the most influential hard rock bands, and one of the best live. So if you love your classic ’70s / early ’80s arena hard rock, this is a must.”All The World Is A Stage” is as you like it: Slade banging it out with loose, licentious ferocity, so brutish and raucous that you begin to question whether punk needed to happen, and you keep checking that a fleet of jumbo jets hasn’t landed in your ear canals.There’s Noddy Holder defying the laws of biology with a larynx made of sandpaper; Dave Hill convinced that if the same guy signed Hendrix and him then he himself must be a mean guitarist (at one show he bursts into a blast of Purple Haze); Jim Lea just about holding the gang together musically, bringing violins to thrashing mobs; and Don Powell somehow both keeping it grounded and racing ahead so the others have to turn it up from 11 to 9,000.What a racket. What a riot. Arguably, nobody did adrenalin better.Of the five furies here, 1972’s ‘Slade Alive!’ and, from a decade later, ‘Slade On Stage’ have burned before. The former was recorded in a small theatre-studio but, famously, sounds like it took place in a war zone. On one night they’d come straight from doing Top Of The Pops, with Coz I Luv You at No.1.There are no concessions to pop, though, as they blaze through ‘Get Down And Get With It’ and eight minutes of Steppenwolf’s ‘Born To Be Wild’. The rather good take on The Lovin’ Spoonful’s ‘Darling Be Home Soon’ is mostly sincere, the big soppy wets.”Slade On Stage” sees a band back in favor after the crash-and-burn glory days, bringing the house down in Newcastle.The new coup here is ”Alive! At Reading”, capturing their 1980 headline set – they subbed for Ozzy Osbourne at the last minute, and delivered a performance that converted 80,000 sceptics – and from the opening of ‘Take Me Bak ’Ome’ to an incandescent ‘Cum On Feel The Noize’ they’re the sultans of stomp.From the same year, ”Live At The Hucknall Miners’ Welfare Club” is as earthy as its title. Nottingham gets happily knocked out. Finally, ”Live At The New Victoria” is a recording from a show in London in 1975, at which time the band were in ‘In Flame’ mode, and the likes of ‘How Does It Feel’ and ‘Everyday’ reveal their secret sterling songwriting skills.What an outfit. What a beautiful noize…

Line Up:

Noddy Holder - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
Dave Hill - lead guitar, backing vocals
Jim Lea - bass, backing vocals
Don Powell - drums

Tracklist:

01. Merry Xmas Everybody (1973) (3:29)
02. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (1985) (2:40)
03. Mama Weer All Crazee Now (1972) (3:45)
04. Let The Good Times Roll / Feel So Fine (1972) (3:46)
05. Coz I Luv You (1971) (3:27)
06. Gudbuy T'Jane (1972) (3:33)
07. We're Really Gonna Raise The Roof (1971) (3:10)
08. Cum On Feel The Noize (1973) (4:26)
09. My Baby Left Me (1977) (2:25)
10. Skweeze Me, Pleeze Me (1973) (4:31)
11. Let's Have A Party (1985) (1:48)
12. Hey Ho Wish You Well (1985) (5:20)
13. Let's Dance (1985) (2:37)
14. I'm A Rocker (1979) (2:42)
15. My Oh My (Swing Version) (1983) (3:04)
16. Standin' On The Corner (1974) (4:54)
17. Do You Believe In Miracles (1982) (4:12)
18. All Join Hands (1984) (4:16)
19. Okey Cokey (1985) (3:27)
20. Here's To The New Year (1985) (3:10)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2009 / NEWS 2009"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných