Thunder - Back Street Symphony (1989) (2CD) (EMI Records Remastered Edition 2009)

hudební novinky 2009 / music news 2009
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Thunder - Back Street Symphony (1989) (2CD) (EMI Records Remastered Edition 2009)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Feb 2022, 11:34

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (EMI Records Remastered Edition 2009)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 270 mb

Bio:

Thunder are an English hard rock band, who originally formed in 1989 when the band Terraplane broke up, leaving lead singer Danny Bowes and guitarist/main songwriter Luke Morley to form a new group, namely Thunder. Retaining Terraplane drummer Gary James (popularly known as 'Harry' James), they completed the line-up with bassist Mark 'Snake' Luckhurst and guitarist/keyboard player Ben Matthews. Though the band's main area of support has remained their homeland of the UK, they also enjoy significant success in Japan.Luke Morley and Danny Bowes first met at Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham College in 1975, where they formed the band Nuthin' Fancy, which played in pubs around the London area and released an independent single "Looking For A Good Time". When Harry James joined after the previous drummer left, the band renamed themselves Terraplane. As Terraplane they played numerous gigs, including regular performances at the Marquee Club and a slot at the 1982 Reading Festival. They were signed by Epic Records and ultimately released two albums.Renamed Thunder, they were signed to EMI after performing a demo audition in 1989, and began recording their first album Back Street Symphony. With their producer, Andy Taylor (of Duran Duran) they created blues-rock and atmospheric ballads. Their debut album was a success in the UK, helped by an appearance at the 1990 Monsters of Rock festival at Donington Park.A follow-up album, Laughing on Judgement Day appeared in 1992 and reached number 2 in the UK Albums Chart. All four singles released from the album were Top 40 hits, and A Better Man made the UK Top 20 in early 1993. Snake quit the band after the subsequent tour and was replaced by Swedish bass player Mikael Höglund. In the meantime, rumours of an approach by Whitesnake singer David Coverdale to recruit Luke Morley were circulating, although in 2002 Danny Bowes stated that "the whole thing was made up" by the band to engineer some press interest.[1] and it would be another two years before the third album appeared.That album, Behind Closed Doors was reasonably successful, reaching number 5 in the UK Albums Chart. Despite this it was to be the band's last studio album for EMI, and they parted company with the label with a compilation: Their Finest Hour... And A Bit, notable for its inclusion of several unreleased tracks, in particular a cover of the Python Lee Jackson song "In a Broken Dream". For personal reasons Mikael Höglund was unable to participate in the recording of the band's fourth album The Thrill Of It All; Luke Morley handled bass duties and the album was released on the independent B Lucky record label. The band recruited bassist Chris Childs for the tour and he remained with them for the rest of their

Album:

THUNDER first album “Back Street Symphony“ (or BackStreet Symphony as they want to be named) in its deluxe edition, 2xCD including a lot of bonus material.A must have album in your collection for sure.Backstreet Symphony is the debut studio album by English hard rock band Thunder. Recorded in 1989 at Great Linford Manor Studios in Milton Keynes, it was produced by former Duran Duran and The Power Station guitarist Andy Taylor, then mixed by Mike Fraser at AIR Studios in London. The album was initially released on 5 March 1990 by EMI Records in the UK and Capitol Records in the US, and was later re-released the following year in the US by Geffen Records.Every once in a while, you come across a band that you want the world to know about. I first saw the video for “Dirty Love” from Thunder on MTV (remember when MTV showed videos?). It made me run right out and buy “Backstreet Symphony” on cassette (I didn’t have a CD player yet).It blew me away.Other than “Dirty Love” and “Love Walked In,” Thunder didn’t get much play in the U.S. Many missed out on the brief window they had to hear about this band.They were big in the U.K. and Japan and that’s allowed them to continue even to this day (with a couple of hiatuses). They’ve put out great straight-up hard rock music with melody throughout their career.They came out at the height of the hair metal era, but they weren’t a hair metal band. There a guitar-based, bluesy hard rock outfit. And with a bang…Guitarist Luke Morley, singer Danny Bowes and drummer Gary ‘Harry’ James emerged from the wreckage of Terraplane in 1989 and after enlisting bassist Mark Luckhurst and keyboard and some time guitarist Ben Matthews emerged as Thunder.Thus creating one of the most amazing transformations and re-inventions the rock world had seen in a while.Terraplane, after a reasonably successful start had become pretty much also rans of the struggling late Eighties rock scene as the bands main protagonists pulled in one direction and their record company kept pushing them in another. To be fair to them their two albums are really enjoyable affairs but there really was no sign in 1989 that what was virtually the same band would move from also rans to becoming the new darlings of the UK hard rock scene within twelve months.After performing an audition for EMI, Thunder were given a deal and sent of to the studio to record what many still think is their best album; “BackStreet Symphony”.Danny Bowes has one of the best voices in rock. He reminds me of a more soulful and bluesy David Coverdale. Lead guitarist and main songwriter, Luke Morley creates catchy riffs and crafts stories through their songs.Highlights of the album go deep. In fact, the first seven songs may be one of the best seven song stretches on any LP.“She’s So Fine” kicks it off with Bowes singing of love at first site. The aforementioned “Dirty Love” leads to “Don’t Wait For Me” which gives Bowes a chance to shine on vocals.The songs just keep getting better with “Higher Ground,” “Until My Dying Day,” “Backstreet Symphony,” and the awesome power ballad “Love Walked In” – a true classic tune.Thunder exploded into the big league of British rock on the back of this terrific album and a show stealing performance at the Monsters Of Rock Festival at Donington that summer. Where, despite being bottom of the bill and having to start their set before half of the crowd had been allowed in, they blew every other band off the stage. Ironically one of those bands were headliners Whitesnake, who had by then almost abandoned the sound that had inspired Thunder in the first place.This “BackStreet Symphony [2-CD Remastered Edition with Bonus]” is the one to own.It packs the entire single B-sides, plus a killer performance at Town & Country Club in London, March 7th, 1990, all finely remastered with a pristine punchy sound.A must-have for all classic hard rock fans.

Line Up:

Danny Bowes – vocals
Luke Morley – guitar
Ben Matthews – guitar, piano, organ
Mark “Snake” Luckhurst – bass
Gary “Harry” James – drums, percussion
Andy Taylor – production, twelve-string guitar (track 5)

Tracklist:

CD1: BackStreet Symphony Remastered

01. She’s So Fine
02. Dirty Love
03. Don’t Wait For Me
04. Higher Ground
05. Until My Dying Day
06. Backstreet Symphony
07. Love Walked In
08. An Englishman On Holiday
09. Girl’s Going Out Of Her Head
10. Gimme Some Lovin’
11. Distant Thunder
12. Dirty Love (12” Extended Version) (Bonus Track)
13. Fired Up [B-side] (Bonus Track)
14. I Wanna Be Her Slave [B-side] (Bonus Track)
15. She’s So Fine (Full Version) [B-side] (Bonus Track)

CD2: Bonus Tracks: Studio & Live B-sides

01. Until The Night Is Through (Dance Dance Dance)
02. I Can Still Hear The Music
03. No Way Out Of The Wilderness
04. An Englishman On Holiday (Live)
05. Girl’s Going Out Of Her Head (Live)
06. Another Shot Of Love (Live)

Live at The Town & CountryClub - London 7th March 1990

07. Backstreet Symphony (Live)
08. She’s So Fine (Live)
09. Until My Dying Day (Live)
10. Higher Ground (Live)
11. Don’t Wait For Me (Live)
12. Fired Up (Live)
13. Dirty Love (Live)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2009 / NEWS 2009"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných