Billy Satellite - Billy Satellite (1984) (Rock Candy Remastered 2009)

hudební novinky 2009 / music news 2009
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Júl 2021, 17:23

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1984 (Rock Candy Remastered 2009)
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

Billy Satellite was an American Rock/AOR band based in Oakland, California. Formed in 1983, the band consisted of Monty Byrom (guitar, vocals, keyboards), Danny Chauncey (guitar, keyboards), Ira Walker (bass), and Tom "Fee" Falletti (drums).They are perhaps best known for composing and performing the original version of "I Wanna Go Back," which would later become a big hit for Eddie Money. It was also covered by Gregg Rolie on his 1985 self-titled release.The group released an eponymous album in 1984, that included the minor hits "I Wanna Go Back" and "Satisfy Me." Accompanying music videos were released for both of these songs. The band recorded a follow-up album that went unreleased, and the band broke up soon thereafter.Byrom went on to form New Frontier and later worked with Eddie Money who covered Billy Satellite's "I Wanna Go Back" on his 1986 album Can't Hold Back. (Money would later also cover Billy Satellite's other hit, "Satisfy Me" (under the title "When You Gonna Satisfy Me") on his 1999 album, Ready Eddie.) Later, Byrom was part of the band Big House. In 1987, Chauncey joined 38 Special.While Chauncey continues to play guitar for .38 Special, the other three members of Billy Satellite (Byrom, Walker, and Falletti) have regrouped to form the band Zen Road Pilots, releasing an album and performing in and around the Bakersfield, CA area.Billy Satellite made one self-titled album released by Capitol Records that contained two chart singles, "Satisfy Me" and "I Wanna Go Back." The album was re-released as Billy Satellite 1 by ATM Records in 2000 with new cover art and with two bonus tracks.In 2009, Rock Candy Records remastered and re-released the original album again.

Album:

Originally released during the golden age of US Melodic Rock / AOR in 1984, the curiously named Oakland based Billy Satellite may not have set the charts on fire - despite of having two moderate singles with both music videos aired on MTV - but did manage to register high on the AOR Richter scale.Led by the supremely talented Monty Byrom (who went on to form successful band Big House later) and featuring super hot guitarist Danny Chauncey (later to join .38 Special) the band enjoyed a moment in the spotlight when tracks such as ‘Satisfy Me’ and ‘I Wanna Go Back’ (covered successfully in 1986 by Eddie Money) achieved wide spread airplay.Sadly, like so many other artists, the initial blast of enthusiasm was not sustainable leaving Billy Satellite floundering amidst a sea of competition, tied to a label unable to focus on their strengths and accomplishments.Established in San Francisco, Billy Satellite rocked the Bay Area since the early '80s, and after winning a Battle Of The Bands contest they were signed by major label Capitol Records.Produced by Grammy nominee Don Gehman, the band's debut "Billy Satellite" is one of the most pure 'US AOR' albums of all time.Highly melodic, plenty of contagious choruses and memorable harmonies, all tracks on the album are a true representation of the genre.Check the lovely gold AOR of opener 'Satisfy Me', the pumping 'Last Call' and the radio-friendly 'Do Ya'. This first track-trio worth the album alone.There's awesome hooks in 'Rockin' Down The Highway', midtempo magic in 'Trouble' and 'Bye Bye Baby', and a terrific AOR ballad in 'I Wanna Go Back', much more emotional than the already good cover version from Eddie Money years after."Billy Satellite" is one of those mandatory albums in any '80s AOR collection, which largely deserved a proper remastering wonderfully done by Rock Candy.

Line-Up:

Monty Byrom - vocals, guitars, keyboards
Danny Chauncey - guitars, backing vocals, keyboards
Ira Walker - bass, backing vocals
Tom Falletti - drums

Tracklist:

01. Satisfy Me
02. Last Call
03. Do Ya
04. I Wanna Go Back
05. Trouble
06. Rockin' Down The Highway
07. Turning Point
08. Bye Bye Baby
09. Standin' With The Kings
10. The Lonely One

+ Video "Satisfy Me" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2009 / NEWS 2009"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných